No announcement yet.

True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely true. Even at her most general-ness, when she was willing to sacrifice almost anyone, Buffy would stand by Dawn until the end.

Statement- Anya was the funniest person on the show.
    Hello cutie

Comment

False - I don't think there was a funniest person. Every re-watch I think a different person is the funniest. Everyone has their funnest seasons and funniest moments.

Statement - The bug ship was a silly idea

Comment

True. It did seem kind of over the top. That said, I did like the IDW Spike comic where he got the ship, and the Season 8 entrance was cool. Plus, Spike's friendship with the bugs was kinda interesting.

Statement: This might be unpopular, but I think that Angel and Cordelia made more sense as a couple, and had a healthier relationship, than Angel and Buffy.

Comment

True
          Cordy was written as a grown woman, which made her more of a match for Angel. He'll always love Buffy, but Cordy is so much better for him.

Statement - Homecoming is one of the best episodes of Season 3

Comment

I'm only not replying to this one because you know my answer Pricey and I'm sure you're hoping to hear from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
              I'm only not replying to this one because you know my answer Pricey and I'm sure you're hoping to hear from someone else.
              Lol, you can answer Stoney, I know I'm in the minority . . . and everyone else is just wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                True
                Cordy was written as a grown woman, which made her more of a match for Angel. He'll always love Buffy, but Cordy is so much better for him.

Statement - Homecoming is one of the best episodes of Season 3
                Well, I'll answer, even though you already know my answer.
                False. It's one of the worst.

Startement: Tim Minear was the best writer on Angel. (Note: in terms of strictly writing for AtS - not other shows.)
                You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

False . . . but only because I only know S5 well-ish and Steven D Knight is my favourite writer for that season.

Statement: The Oracles in AtS are neither good nor bad, they are about balance

Comment

True - so very true..
                    And...
                    That and the death of both she and Fred stole all joy and heart from the show, and turned it into the manpain intrigue show, guaranteeing cancellation!!

Comment

True!!!! Absolutely true!!

Statement: Hell's Bells is the best Xander-centric episode.
                      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

False!
                        Personally I love The Replacement

Statement - Wesley's popularity is a mystery and based solely on his relationship with Lilah

Comment

False! Wesley is one of the very best characters. Both the actor and the character's journey are really good. I would even go as far and say that Wesley is in the top 3 of best characters of the 'verse, together with Buffy and Angel.

Darla is a better villain than Angelus.

Comment

I would have to say false, although Darla is one of my favorite characters. On BtVS, in season 1, she was kind of lame, except in the opening scene. On AtS, she was amazing, but for half of season 2, she was more of an antihero, and even when she was soulless and killing people with Dru, she didn't kill any prominent characters other than evil W&H lawyers, so the main characters never felt that much damage...and Angel set her on fire and later treated her like crap and hurt her emotionally. She just wasn't a big bad villain like Angelus on BtVS. Though Angelus was lame on AtS.

Re: your original answer, I actually always thought Hell's Bells was a really good episode, and I rewatched it a few days ago and so I'm even more sure. Just because a bad thing happens in it, doesn't mean it's a bad episode. It makes perfect sense to me, when you think of Xander's insecurities and his dysfunctional family. This was hinted at a lit of times before, and foreshadowed, it's a crucial moment in Xander's dream in Restless, and we already knew he and Anya were both repressing concerns about their marriage. Hell's Bells is a culmination of that long-standing arc. It starts light-hearted, has a couple of twists, and the ending is heartbreaking. I never understood people hating Xander over it - it just makes me really sad for both of them: that scene when he looks at his parents arguing, and his father, who was even worse than we thought, yelling at his mother, and says "but it could be true" (that their marriage would end up being such a disaster) and when she asks him if he hates her, "it's not you that I hate". I found it heartbreaking.

Statement: Holtz was one of the best Buffyverse antagonists.
                            Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 23-08-18, 06:51 PM.

Comment

True. I would even say that he is the very best one. Both the storyline and the character are interesting, engaging and very well executed. And his last deed was messing up Connor in such a way that we got another great antagonist in season 4.

Adding Anya to the main cast without addressing her crimes first was a mistake.

Comment

False

One of Anya's defining characteristics is that she feels absolutely no guilt for what she's done. She does not judge herself as the world around her judges her, until much later in the show. We have seen Angel, eaten up by guilt, and Anya is the opposite end of the guilt scale.

Statement -Giles ringing Angel to discuss Buffy and her prophesied death is a patriarchal act and he should be discussing it with Buffy.

Comment

Working...
                                X