No announcement yet.

True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False. Celeb was creepy, but Warren was a much better villain both as a character and thematically, not to mention S3 Faith and Dark Willow, who are way above.

Statement: season 3 is somewhat overrated.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

True. I feel comfortable saying that because the statement is subjective in terms of what S3's rating is perceived to be and what it should be.

I do think S5 & 6 of the later seasons are better than S3 and S7 is at the least on a level with it (S2 is better too). But I think the love in fandom that some have for the early seasons and wanting to keep the characters static in that period of time, disliking how they matured and progressed, means that S3 gets bunched up against S2 and boosted by that in the appreciation many give it. Don't get me wrong. S3 is a good season, there's something to love about all seasons of the series, but it is middling/lower overall. And it isn't an insult to be there when the standard is so great generally.

Statement: resurrecting Rack and Warren in the comics (or more accurately discovering they hadn't in fact died!) spoiled the impact/weight of Willow's S6 story a least a little.
      Last edited by Stoney; 29-01-18, 10:04 PM.

Comment

True . . . especially Warren.

Statement: There should have been more Spike episodes in Season 3

Comment

Awwwwww....I have been stalling my season 3 rewatch for weeks now, because there are 22 episodes to go and only one of them has Spike in it ! 21 episodes, without Spike ! It is even worse thean season 1, where we got only 12 episodes without Spike.

But to be quite fair, I have to say.....false. Season 3 is not Spike`s season. He does not yet have his place in the series and his journey hasn`t yet started. His time will come, but the Angel and Buffy story is as important for the whole series and they need their time too.

Statement: Buffy should have let Angel wear the amulet in Chosen.

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

False. It wasn't Angel's fight, it wasn't Angel's story, it wouldn't have made any sense to make it all about him.

Statement: Faith had a more interesting arc in season 3 of BtVS than any of the main characters .
            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

True . . . Faith and The Mayor are endlessly interesting

Statement; Angel came back too soon in S3

Comment

False

Statement: Giles should have found more reasons to sing. Behind blue eyes was a great cover.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

True, great voice.

Statement: The friendship between Willow and Xander was somewhat ruined by their brief romance when they cheated on Oz/Cordelia.

Comment

True. I kinda hate that they went there.

Statement: Giles and Anya could have been a thing had she lived. Ganya - - ship that should have sailed.

Comment

True, they would have been great together

Statement - Willow deliberately sabotages all her romantic relationships

Comment

False.

Oz left her for, to solve his werewolf issues. She and Tara were together again, when Tara got shot and if Willow deliberatly sabotaged her relationship with Kennedy, I think, nobody would complain about that ;-)

Statement: Xander and Anya were together again at the end of season 7.
                        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

False. I think it is non deliberate sabotage

The verse has let too many people die and come back. It's time the dead stay dead or the big dramatic scenes won't mean as much.

Comment

True (accept for Cordy )

Statement - The Xander/Willow S3 fling was the worst romantic relationship on the show

Comment

True.

Statement: Angel the series is not more "mature" or "complex" than Buffy the Vampire Slayer, contrary to what some people like to claim.

Comment

TRUE!

Statement - The First was a better big bad than Jasmine

Comment

Working...
                                X