No announcement yet.

True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True . . . but I give credit to the writers, they did everything they could think of to keep him away from Buffy, even making him a ghost, but no, it really wasn't credible.

Statement - Xander should have admitted he remembered everything he'd done in The Pack

Comment

False. I don't think that it would have benefited the friendship between him and Buffy. Yes his underlying feelings for her were a part of why he attacked her but he wouldn't have attacked her if he hadn't been possessed. I think it was better for both of them to be able to brush past it.

(I also think it was better for Buffy/Spike in actuality that he spent some time away from her and figured himself out a bit after becoming souled, forged his own way a little. I used to think it was totally unbelievable that he didn't return to her but I've shifted some on this in recent years.)

Statement - Clem and Harmony are a really bizarre and somewhat ridiculous duo for the comics to have teamed up.

Comment

True and false. Yes they are bizarre but in a good way

Xander should get a bionic eye or a magic eye or something. Every thing else including death has a magic solution

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

False . . . I like Xander's eye-patch and it's a reminder to him and everyone that there are consequences to fighting

Statement - One of the themes of S7 is empowerment

Comment

True. I think a lot of S6 looks at the abuse of power and S7 then follows and shows how you can use your own power to strengthen others. This is particularly strong between Buffy & Willow and Buffy & Spike, which makes sense against S6. But obviously it is wider than than too.

Statement - The way Dru disregards Spike's feelings and manipulates him emotionally is often ignored by fans of the ship in favour of romanticising them as a couple just because they were together for so long.

Comment

True. Spike's and Drusilla's "epic romance" was almost something that happened by default. If Angelus hadn't been cursed I think all Spike would have managed was to periodically pique her interest - like when he killed his first slayer. The time when he was stuck in a wheelchair and was at her and Angelus' mercy and she did little less then feed him the odd pet dog shows how quickly the wheels came off that particular love interest. It's also interesting that when she comes back to recruit him in Crush it's not because she specifically wants him back but because she wants to assemble her little family again, including first and foremost Angelus.

Statement: the seemingly empowering upscaling of all potentials into slayers in Chosen is also problematic, because for many of the girls it happens without warning or consent. This is not so different from what the Shadow Men did to the first Slayer and what Buffy refused to have done to her earlier in the season.
              Smile, listen, agree - and then do whatever the f**k you wanted to do anyway... (Robert Downey jr.)

Comment

I am going to cheat here, because my answer is:

I don`t know !

Buffy says explicably, that the potentials have to make a choice about being made slayers. Here are her words:" It's true none of you have the power that Faith and I do. So here's the part where you make a choice." And later: "So here's the part where you make a choice: What if you could have that power...now? "

But it obviously did not work that way, because Dana obviously did not make a choice, or if, she can`t have known about the consequences. Also, the untrained potentials can`t have known what that choice was about either. So....maybe it was another one of Willows spells, that simply went wrong ?

Statement: Angelus loved Darla.
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Yes and look how well Dana worked out. Great idea in theory, highly problematical in execution.

Haven't got a statement, sorry

Comment

True.

Statement - Season 3 is the best season of AtS

Comment

False. Season 2 is the best season of AtS.

Statement: The bad writing/messing up of Cordelia's character already began in season 3 of AtS.
                      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

False

Statement - Dracula and Xander were lovers

Comment

You know I always wondered about those two! False. If they had been joss would have exploited/ explored that relationship.

Spike was not the doctor. He was working for the doctor or Riley set the whole thing up but he was only holding eggs for a friend.

Comment

TRUE . . . I think he was working for the doctor, but no way was he actually the doctor

Statement - The scoobies used Spike between S5-6 to care for Dawn and fight demons but no-one cared about his wellbeing

Comment

I think dawn cared for Spike. And maybe tara (just a bit) because she's a warm Hearted person. Maybe even Anya. But Willow and Xander and Giles, no.

Xander should have married Anya. He just needed to put on his big boy pants. There's a thing called divorce if needed.

Comment

True lol

Statement - Caleb was the best human baddie on the show

Comment

Working...
                                X