No announcement yet.

Possible Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you all want to start the game from scratch or do you want to continue where we were last time? I can set it up. It's no big deal. I just need to know, how you want it.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
      Do you all want to start the game from scratch or do you want to continue where we were last time? I can set it up. It's no big deal. I just need to know, how you want it.

flow
      i would prefer to start from scratch—

there are new players, while some of
      the older ones have drifted away....

endless thanks—

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, start from scratch

We should definitely start from scratch because we were on about episode 18 or so. I only hadn't created the thread because I was waiting for everyone to decide exactly what they wanted to do, but I copied the starting post from before here earlier (post 68 in this thread).

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

We should definitely start from scratch because we were on about episode 18 or so. I only hadn't created the thread because I was waiting for everyone to decide exactly what they wanted to do, but I copied the starting post from before here earlier (post 68 in this thread).

Comment

Here's the new thread for the episode elimination game - http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...number-edition.

I hope you're still intending to post the outfit game too flow? I don't think we need to only have one running at a time.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
            Double Dutchess commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm also looking forward to the outfit game

• bespangeled
            bespangeled commented
            Editing a comment
            You are fabulous!

I thought I'd wait until the episode number game is finished. Also, I still haven't figured out how to do it exactly. I do think it would be fun to not give the seasons and episode numbers at all. That way people would have to judge only the outfits and not the episodes or seasons they appeared in. Of course you will recognize some of the episodes they appear in instantly but I hope not all of them.

On the other hand there is always a specific pattern for each season which makes me think it would be better to not sort outfits from the same season into different groups for voting.

flow

Comment

• Double Dutchess
            Double Dutchess commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the idea of disassociating the outfits of their episodes/seasons and really judging them on their own merit.

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely don't tell us which episodes the costume is from, because that will influence people, even if we don't think it will.

It depends on what you are wanting people to judge them on. Personally speaking, how tied the outfits are to the stories and Buffy's moods is an integral part to appreciating the outfit choices and how it adds meaning and insight into the episodes. So it seems a shame to just turn it into being just about whether you subjectively like the outfit or not. But I'll go with whatever the general consensus is.

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            True, trying to recall or seeing how easily you do or don't.

• StateOfSiege97
            StateOfSiege97 commented
            Editing a comment
            i like Priceless' suggestion—
            that adds another compelling layer to the game—

• bespangeled
            bespangeled commented
            Editing a comment
            I can tell you from my granddaughter (17) that Willow hats are definitely back in style. Buffy's overalls of pain are a classic. Are we gonna decide on favorites, and then pit the favorites against each other?

bespangeled
          I can tell you from my granddaughter (17) that Willow hats are definitely back in style. Buffy's overalls of pain are a classic. Are we gonna decide on favorites, and then pit the favorites against each other?

Yes, that's the general idea at the moment. However I still don't know how to group the outfits when we start to pick. Seasons? Episode numbers? Or just ten or twenty outfits randomly thrown together?

I am not sure if we need a reset. We use resets with every "best" game resets and I am not sure what their actual purpose is. Do the draw out the game? Or do they provide more equal chances?

flow

Comment

bespangeled

Yes, that's the general idea at the moment. However I still don't know how to group the outfits when we start to pick. Seasons? Episode numbers? Or just ten or twenty outfits randomly thrown together?

I am not sure if we need a reset. We use resets with every "best" game resets and I am not sure what their actual purpose is. Do the draw out the game? Or do they provide more equal chances?

flow
            my understanding has been that the reset rebalances the field
            and gives people a chance to rethink their choices, which is valuable,
            especially when that field is very large and a few people can
            push the voting in a certain direction by pushing consistently for
            one or two possibilities while others are choosing between the
            whole myriad—

then one gets to a certain point at which nothing those others do
            can rebalance the work of those who have (not with any ill-intent or
            plotting) been voting in one direction all the time....

so the reset rechecks this process and allows us to periodically start
            from zero, taking what has happened (including any discussion—and
            i have been persuaded by those discussions more than once) into
            account as the voting goes on—

so i would say yes to a reset—

as for grouping, i suggest by season:

Buffy has a definite style each season, so it might be most
            interesting to pick within the seasons first, then pick the top
            three winners from each season against each other...

if we do it randomly, i suspect that some seasons will meet
            a very early doom...

but on this point, i am most open to the druthers of others—

Comment

I agree with SoS about the resets. They stop too much build up on an ep and also give the chance to reconsider from the start point again at later stages.

I really don't mind regarding grouping the outfit. Per season can work or randomly. If a season's outfits are unpopular then it would be reflective for them to get voted out sooner but splitting per season would certainly be the most straightforward.

Comment

Working...
              X