Haven Episode 1.16 16. Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven Episode 1.16 16. Dust

This is the sixteenth episode of "Haven", an original series written by me. I hope you enjoy reading it! If you have any feedback, positive or critical, please post it here, thank you

Haven Episode 1.16 16. Dust

Written and Produced by Alex Hart
    Edited by Lex

Special thanks to Heather

Disclaimer: The series “Haven”, its characters, locations and ideas are all creations belonging to Alex Hart. The work is fictional and meant for entertainment purposes only. No unauthorised usage of anything in “Haven” is permitted without prior permission, thank you.

TEASER

OPEN ON:

INT. BEDROOM

“No Surprises” by Radiohead begins to play. A man’s hand fastens the knot in his tie. The camera pans out to show it is Royce staring into a mirror as he gets ready. He is about seven years younger.

CUT TO:

INT. BEDROOM

Royce puts on a smart black blazer and picks up a briefcase near the mirror he was just looking into.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUBURBAN NEIGHBOURHOOD – MORNING

Royce closes the front gate of his house behind him as he gets into his car. He drives off into the distance.

CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE – DAY

The camera slowly moves around Royce who is typing at a computer. Royce’s office is large and prestigious, and yet Royce’s eyes only look tired.

‘A heart that's full up like a landfill
    A job that slowly kills you
    Bruises that won't heal’

CUT TO:

INT. WORKPLACE

Royce walks past each work-cubical in slow-motion. As he does, people stand smiling respectfully. Royce does not return their smiles as he walks on.

‘You look so tired, unhappy
    Bring down the government
    They don't, they don't speak for us’

CUT TO:

INT. UNDERGROUND CAR PARK

Royce walks forwards in slow-motion once more, wearing a coat and carrying his briefcase. The camera switches to a view of him from behind. Another figure can be seen walking several metres in front. The camera switches back as Royce takes a gun and raises it, preparing to fire at the figure in front.

‘I'll take the quiet life
    A handshake of carbon monoxide’

Royce looks hesitant for a second as he clutches the trigger and then stops walking. He looks determined.

‘No alarms and no surprises
    No alarms and no surprises’

Suddenly various men run into view and tackle Royce, dislodging the gun from his grasp. Royce struggles but the men are too strong.

‘No alarms and no surprises’

Royce looks in shock as he is handcuffed and restrained roughly by the men. The gun falls to the ground where it bounces slightly.

‘Silent
    Silent’

Royce looks at the figure he was about to shoot. The camera up the figure’s body. It is a man who looks seven years younger than when we last saw him: Mr Dalen.

‘This is my final fit, my final belly-ache with’

He looks pained to see Royce.

The camera moves away from them and out of the car-park.

The camera moves further away and shows that the building is Amethyst HQ. The sign at the front says:

“Equitas
    Believing in a Better Belview”

‘No alarms and no surprises, please’

FADE TO: WHITE

FADE TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE, HAVEN

Royce is sat down looking serious. Juliet stares at him incredulously and then at Liliana who is stood nearby looking awkward.

Juliet: What else don’t I know?

Liliana hesitates.

Liliana: There-there isn’t anything else-

Juliet: Maybe you can understand why I might not believe you.

Juliet glares at her.

Royce: Juliet this was only to protect Haven-

Juliet: By deceiving everyone in it? By neglecting to tell anyone that there was a tunnel behind my office!?

She shakes her head at him in disbelief.

Juliet: How could you not tell me?

Liliana: Because I told him not to.

Juliet looks at her.

Liliana: When you first arrived, Juliet, we had to consider the possibility that you could betray us.

Juliet looks hurt.

Juliet: You still don’t trust me-

Liliana: Of course we do, but as time went on it became...harder to reveal all this to you without creating a situation...like this.

Juliet: Yeah, it would have been hard, but it would have been right.

She looks back at Royce.

Juliet: I thought I knew you.

Royce: You do. I told you that I do whatever I have to keep Haven as it is. I obey Liliana and The Board because they too have that goal. And I obey you, because you have put everything you can into achieving that same goal.

Juliet stares at him.

Royce: When we first met, you saw the criminal I was. What I was before...that was the reason Liliana employed me here.

Juliet looks at Liliana and then back at Royce.

Juliet: What do you mean?

Liliana: Royce...

She looks uncomfortable. Royce shakes his head.

Royce: It’s all right, Liliana. Now is the time, I think.

He looks at Juliet.

Royce: I worked as a lawyer. For the company you now know...as Amethyst.

Juliet looks shocked. Liliana looks dubious about what Royce has just revealed, but Royce looks calm, as if he has been waiting for this.

CUT TO: BLACK

OPENING CREDITS ROLL

THEMESONG: “Not Gonna Get Us” - Tatu

The eerie start of the song plays as we see grey smoke. “Haven” in black, torn letters fades in. It disappears as the drums start. The smoke is gone also. There are a series of quick shots: a gun being fired. A high-heeled foot stepping next to a pole. A syringe injecting someone’s arm. A knife being raised. A key turning in a lock. Coins scattering on a table. A close up of a woman’s lips as she applies lipstick. A shovel being forced into the ground. A close up of someone handcuffing another person’s wrists. A hand flicking a cigarette lighter on. A pair of pliers approaching someone’s finger. A dagger covered in blood hitting the ground. A hand grabbing on to someone’s arm. A close up of an eye opening wide.

As the song suddenly becomes more energetic, there is a montage of criminal records, each face only seen for a fraction of a second.

The camera zooms towards Juliet looking shocked.

MELISSA GEORGE

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Juliet walking with a neutral expression on her face. There is a shot of Juliet pointing a gun looking resolute. There is a shot of Juliet turning her face, looking serious. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of Juliet, Grace and Tegan running. There is a shot of the illuminated “Summertime General” sign.

There is a shot of Devyn reaching out for something.

JUSTIN THEROUX

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Devyn punching someone. There is a shot of him leaning against a wall. There is a shot of him smiling, a little smugly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a little girl with a knife in her hand. There is a shot of a gun being fired into the air.

There is a shot of Tegan typing on a computer.

LEISHA HAILEY

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Tegan turning, the flash of sirens causing her to shield her eyes. There is a shot of Tegan putting her hand over mouth. There is a shot of Tegan ****ing her head slightly, smiling. The credit flickers away.

A shot of a woman walking down a corridor of Haven, purposefully. A shot of a man and a woman kissing.

There is a shot of Gael holding out a large knife.

CHARLIE HUNNAM

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Gael hugging someone. There is a shot of a tear streaming down Gael’s face. There is a shot of Gael laughing. The credit flickers away.

A shot of the main entrance opening. A shot of Mark and Aura turning looking surprised in Summertime General.

There is a shot of Grace carrying a plate of food.

SANDRA OH

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Grace putting her head in her hands. A shot of her putting her finger over her lips. A shot of her smiling a little. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of an explosion. A shot of Grace crying in Gael’s arms.

There is a shot of Aura sat at one of the tables in Haven’s kitchen.

DANA DAVIS

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Aura turning looking shocked. A shot of her at the till in Summertime General. A shot of her smiling kindly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a hand being placed on the identification pad. A shot of Bethany kissing someone.

There is a shot of Mark walking down the first lower corridor.

RYAN CARNES

The credits flicker on to the screen. There is a shot of Mark looking troubled. A shot of Mark diving out of the way of something. A shot of Mark stroking someone’s hair.

There is a shot of Royce punching someone. A shot of a man moving over a man’s bare stomach.

There is a shot of Jackie sitting in a chair, her index finger on her temple. She looks thoughtful.

STEPHANIE ROMANOV

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Jackie turning, looking out of breath. A shot of her walking looking formidable. A shot of her examining a gun. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a corridor in Haven. The camera zooms through to the lobby, spinning around, backing through the front entrance. The doors close.

Guest Starring:

JULIE BENZ – Erica McArthur
    JOANNA CASSIDY – Deirdre Kyre
    PERCY DAGGS – Sam Shaw
    JOSH DUHAMEL – Dominic Healy
    MERRIN DUNGEY – Marcia Maxx
    DAVID HEWLETT – Leo Falcon
    FAMKE JANSSEN – Liliana Redgrave
    SAM JONES – Lucas Pedance
    THOMAS KOPACHE – Edward Dalen
    PETER KRAUSE – Warren Jeffers
    MARLENE LAWSTON – Amy McArthur
    FRANCES O’CONNOR – Dominique Monroe
    ANNA PAQUIN - Elle LaTour
    JAMES PICKENS JR. – Royce Appleby
    AMANDA SEYFRIED – Bethany Thyme
    Last edited by Alex; 14-04-09, 05:11 PM.
    sigpic
    Banner set made by Lex
    Buffy Season 8 & 9 & Angel Season 6
    Haven

ACT I

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Grace hurries in. Gael looks over, clearly stressed and carrying several pans. He looks angry.

Gael: Grace what the hell?

Grace hurries over and puts her apron on as Gael sets down the pans to boil on the stove.

Grace: Sorry, sorry, it was early and then...suddenly it was not early if you catch my drift.

Grace raises an eyebrow apologetically. Gael looks unimpressed with this excuse and continues cooking. Grace fastens her apron and looks surprised as she surveys the kitchen.

Grace: Who exactly are you cooking for? There’s like six guests left.

Gael: Ten, actually, and six of them expected breakfast ten minutes ago. It’s not much to expect that you actually give me a hand.

He opens a cupboard and takes out a stack of plates. He hands them to her quickly. Grace looks a little taken-a-back by his behaviour.

Grace: You do know you can slow down. It’s not like anyone’s gonna complain-

Gael: Erica did. Her kids are playing up again.

Grace: Well...Erica is Erica, it’d be good for her to not expect the world to spin around her.

Gael: She expects for us to cater for her. You know: our jobs?

Grace frowns.

Grace: What is wrong?

Gael: Nothing. What’s Dominic doing, he should be here?

Grace: He’s just coming, listen Gael-

Gael: Christ’s sake, you can’t have sex all morning and leave me to do all this!

Grace raises an eyebrow.

Grace: Ok firstly? It’s nine. And secondly, I didn’t see you complain much when it was you in my bed.

Gael says nothing and turns round, trying to get on with cooking. Grace smiles a little surprised.

Grace: Are you jealous? Is that what this is about?

Gael stops without turning round. Grace shakes her head.

Grace: Look, I am sorry that no pineapple has walked in here and fallen for you, but...

She trails off slightly, remembering Eric. She swallows.

Grace: We shouldn’t be angry with each for being happy.

Gael closes his eyes and then turns, staring at Grace.

Gael: Be happy. All right? Be ecstatic. Just...be here when you should be too, yeah?

He turns as the pans start to boil over. Grace says nothing and goes over to a drawer, taking out her tablets. Gael walks over but accidently nudges her. Grace drops the tablets as boiling water splashes on Gael’s arm. He cries out, dropping the pan. Boiling water splashes on the ground; Grace and Gael barely avoid it. Grace looks at him, aghast as Gael puts his arm under a cold tap.

Gael: I...sorry-

Grace: You know how long it takes to get these ordered in! I’m only gonna have enough for another week now-

Gael looks at her, annoyed.

Gael: Yeah well my skin is being burnt off right now I think I somehow share your pain.

He sighs dismissively. Grace looks angry.

Grace: You have no idea what my pain is-

The door opens and Dominic walks in.

Dominic: Hey sorry, I was just helping Bethany-

He stops as he sees the scene. Gael and Grace are both deadly silent. Dominic looks worried.

Dominic: Do...you want help clearing that up?

He looks from Gael to Grace. Grace exhales and looks at him. She tries her best at a smile.

Grace: No it’s ok, we’ll do it.

She glances at Gael and then walks over to get a mop. Gael looks serious as he refuses to look at her. In the background Dominic looks confused, but prepares to get to work.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Juliet is sat down looking shocked. She looks at Royce.

Juliet: What did you say?

Royce: Equitas. That is what they were called.

Juliet looks lost for words. She stares at Royce.

Juliet: And you worked for them, all this time, you knew about them...

Royce: I only found out when they became Amethyst. I have told Liliana what I know about them, but what they are now...

Juliet screws up her eyes looking as if she does not want to believe.

Royce: They have become something else entirely. But I knew that they would become this.

Juliet does not respond.

Royce: I defected from them Juliet, that is why I am here. They did things that I could never agree with...killed clients they deemed “unsuitable” and one day they did something to me that I could never forgive. They took my family.

Juliet stares at him, looking pained. Liliana looks serious.

Liliana: Juliet I know this is a lot-

Juliet: You have no idea.

She looks at her incredulously.

Juliet: You should have told me.

She stands and walks to the door, looking upset.

Liliana: Please-

Juliet: No.

She walks out hurriedly. Liliana and Royce watch, regretfully.

Liliana: She won’t accept this.

She looks at him, shaking her head.

Liliana: This was a mistake.

Royce: It was my decision.

He looks backs at her.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan is typing. She looks up as Juliet passes.

Tegan: Hey-

She looks surprised as she sees Juliet’s face; tears are running down her cheeks.

Tegan: Jules? What...

Juliet does not stop, and carries down the staff corridor.

Tegan: Juliet!

She stands and looks down the corridor; Juliet is already gone. She turns her head to see Liliana and Royce standing at the entrance to the main corridor. Tegan frowns.

Tegan: What now?

Liliana swallows, realising that there is now no going back.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Tegan, Devyn, Grace, Dominic, Gael and Bethany are stood around. Liliana is stood near Juliet’s desk. Royce is stood away from the others, avoiding their gazes. Devyn looks angry.

Devyn: You’re surprised that she’s taken this badly?

Liliana: No. But she must understand, you must all understand that I trust Royce with my life-

Tegan: Yeah but the question is: do we trust you?

Liliana looks at her.

Liliana: Each of you is here because I decided you should be. You may not want to admit it, but your safety, your existence only continues because I decide it is worth continuing.

She looks around at them.

Liliana: That is why you should trust me.

There is no response. Each of the others avoids eye contact with Liliana. Devyn shakes his head.

Devyn: I’m gonna check on Juliet.

He turns to go.

Liliana: Wait. You need to hear the full story.

Devyn hesitates. Liliana exhales.

Liliana: The Board and I knew of Equitas and their potential of becoming...what they have become. That is why I employed Royce. Someone who knew what they could do.

Gael frowns.

Gael: And what is that? What do you know, Royce?

Royce looks at him.

Royce: I know how they work. I know that they will show no mercy. That is why I killed Eric.

Gael looks serious.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

The scene from 1.5”Access” plays out. Royce narrows his eyes slightly as he shoots at Eric.

Royce VO: Liliana had only just informed me that Equitas was now Amethyst. I knew they were serious.

[i]A bullet hits Eric just above his left temple.

FADE TO:

Royce: I know who the main players are. They are still there.

The others contemplate this.

Tegan: How can that help us? Unless we are able to infiltrate Amethyst...

She trails off as she sees Liliana’s expression.

Tegan: Oh my God.

Liliana looks frustration.

Liliana: We have been able to track Amethyst’s movements to a certain degree. One of our operatives was captured, but she was able to use the opportunity to gather what information she could from inside the headquarters.

The others wait.

Liliana: There is dissent amongst Amethyst’s ranks.

The others look a little surprised. Grace frowns.

Liliana: Maybe it will get worse, maybe it won’t. But for the time being, they appear to be too concerned with their own problems to worry about Haven.

There is a pause. Grace looks at Liliana.

Grace: You didn’t think...that we might wanna know something like that? Considering how we’ve just barely survived a hostage situation, not to mention the whole thing with Eric...

She shoots Royce a look.

Grace: You didn’t think that it might help us to know that we can relax...just for a little bit.

Liliana hesitates.

Liliana: We knew nothing for certain. We still don’t. What use would theories be to all of you? Really?

Gael: It would be something. An idea of what’s going on. Hope, even. How much news do you think we get? Guess what, you’re the exclusive.

Liliana looks away. Royce glances at her.

Royce: You know now. I was part of what Amethyst was and now I’m not. With Liliana’s help we may just be able to keep them in the dark. Thanks to her...they still are.

There is a pause once again.

Devyn: I’m gonna see Juliet.

Devyn walks away. Tegan watches him and then looks at Royce.

Tegan: You want us to accept this like nothing’s changed?

Liliana: Nothing will change unless you let it. You have had to put your faith in me since you arrived; all I ask is that you continue to.

Tegan exhales.

Dominic: Someone should tell Sam about this.

Bethany: He’s with her.

Tegan looks awkward.

Tegan: I’ll do it.

She glances at Liliana.

Tegan: Keep us up to date.

She looks at Royce and then walks away. Liliana exhales as the others follow until she and Royce are alone. Royce walks up to her and places a hand on her shoulder.

Royce: I’m sorry. Once they found out about the tunnel...

Liliana: I know.

She looks at him and smiles. Royce smiles back and they kiss gently for a moment. As they part Liliana looks awkward.

Royce: What?

Liliana: I’m not enough. But I have to convince them that I am. That is why I didn’t want this.

Royce: You are enough. You heard what Gael said; you’ve brought hope to this place.

She looks serious.

Liliana: Hope is not going to save these people.

Royce looks serious.

Liliana: They are going to have to save themselves.

Royce says nothing. They stand in silence.

Last edited by Alex; 05-02-09, 10:24 PM.
    sigpic
    Banner set made by Lex
    Haven

Comment

ACT II

CUT TO:

INT. CORRIDOR

The camera moves down and turns as it does. Voices can be heard faintly, but not loudly enough to be heard. It comes to a stop by a door with a small glass panel as the voices become audible.

Man OS: You realise you could die for this?

CUT TO:

INT. SMALL ROOM

The Royce of seven years previously is sat opposite a man in his late 20s, who stares at him unhappily.

Royce: You realise that I no longer care?

The man rubs his mouth with his fingers, anxiously.

Royce: I tried to kill Dalen in a parking lot, Ben, I didn’t factor in an escape route.

The man (Ben) stares back, shaking his head.

Ben: You must have known they would be watching you-

Royce: I suspected. I had hoped I would have my moment.

He looks bitter.

Royce: I’ll get it. I don’t care how long it takes.

Ben looks at him incredulously.

Ben: How-how long? Royce they have enough reason to-

Royce: To have me killed like the rest? Like my wife and my son? I know. But I’m not dead yet. Why is that, Ben?

Royce sits back. Ben looks at him, unable to answer.

CUT TO:

INT. DIMLY LIT ROOM

Royce’s voice is heard as it is recorded.

Royce (on tape): Let them come.

The camera moves up to show that a younger Mr Dalen is listening. He switches off the tape looking serious. Behind him is a figure, blurred in the background. Mr Dalen goes out of focus as the figure comes into focus: a younger Deirdre Kyre. She looks serious.

Deirdre: I...I didn’t think that I would ever be responsible for the death of a woman and a child.

Mr Dalen stares forwards.

Mr Dalen: You will be responsible for many more.

Mr Dalen turns to look at her.

Mr Dalen: But you will not hesitate to follow your orders. That is why you have this job, Deirdre.

Deirdre glances down.

Deirdre: I met her, Edward. His wife. At the Fundraising Dinner. She wished me well.

Mr Dalen (Edward) walks up to her. He looks serious.

Edward: A woman and a child. That is all they were. That is what they must be for you to live with yourself.

Deirdre still looks uncomfortable but nods slowly. There is a pause. Deirdre looks at Edward.

Deirdre: Ms Lee’s orders are quite clear. We have no other choice now but to-

Edward: Of course.

He stares forwards once more. The camera reveals that he is looking through a one-sided mirror at Ben and Royce.

Edward: It’s ironic, isn’t it?

Deirdre glances at him.

Edward: A man destroys the very thing that created him...and destroys himself in the process.

Deirdre looks serious.

Deirdre: I’ll make the arrangements.

Edward nods without looking at her. She walks away leaving him to stare at Royce and Ben. He flicks the tape back on.

FADE TO:

INT. HAVEN STAFF CORRIDOR

Devyn is stood outside Juliet’s door.

Devyn: Jules? Juliet? Look Royce explained himself and...I think he’s genuine. You should come listen.

There is no answer. Devyn hesitates and then turns the handle of Juliet’s door.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S ROOM

Devyn stares around the room. It is empty. He looks worried.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Tegan hurries in looking flustered. Devyn follows. Gael, Grace and Dominic look up.

Tegan: Ok here’s the deal: Juliet has left.

The others look shocked.

Gael: Left!?

Devyn: I went to her room, she was gone. We’ve looked everywhere.

Gael looks anxious.

Grace: M-maybe she’s with Liliana?

Tegan: No I already saw her out. Besides I don’t think Liliana is someone she really wants to see right now.

Gael: You’re sure she’s not, I dunno...with Aura, or Mark or-

Devyn: I’m sure. Look, unless she found some other secret tunnel, she’s not here. She must’ve gone when we were with Liliana and Royce before.

Grace catches Gael’s eye; despite their earlier argument they are both worried.

Dominic: What are we gonna do? We can’t exactly go after her can we?

Tegan hesitates.

Tegan: No.

Devyn looks at her, frowning.

Devyn: I can; I will.

Tegan: Devyn-

Devyn: She is out there, she’s not thinking straight.

Tegan: She’s thinking that she doesn’t wanna be here; clearly. If Juliet doesn’t wanna be found, she won’t be. Not by you or anyone. And if you get caught then you’re screwed for nothing.

Devyn looks frustrated.

Dominic: I, uh, I don’t know Juliet that well I know, but...she doesn’t seem the type to just up and leave.

Tegan shakes her head.

Tegan: You’re right, she isn’t. Maybe this was just, I dunno, the final straw?

Gael: She has had a lot of stress to deal with; more than most people deal with in a year.

Devyn looks down, exhaling, shaking his head head.

Devyn: I shoulda’ gone after her earlier.

Grace: You think you would’ve stopped her?

Devyn looks at her. Grace smiles sympathetically, as Devyn knows she is probably right. Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: We’re just gonna have to hold the fort ‘til she comes back.

The others don’t respond. Despite Tegan’s attempt to reassure them, they all know that Juliet could be found; or worse.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN STAFF CORRIDOR

Aura closes her door behind her. She exhales as she prepares to return to the world that she placed in danger. She walks along and almost bumps into Royce as he makes his way past. He looks at her and nods slightly, but seems distracted. Aura watches him curiously as he walks to his room. She carries on.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Aura walks in. All of the guests stop what they are doing and stare at her, anger and distrust in their eyes. Even Erica’s children regard her with fear. Warren stands up and gives Aura a menacing look as he bars her way. He is unshaven and looks tired. Aura looks up at him but holds her ground.

Aura: Look; you stay outta my way, and I will stay outta yours.

Warren doesn’t react.

Warren: You think that’s enough?

He leans closer to her.

Warren: My wife, is dead.

Aura flinches as he spits this last word out. She swallows and tries to look defiant.

Aura: I never wanted that.

Warren: Don’t talk crap to me.

Aura: You angry that she’s dead? Or that you don’t got something to hit around anymore-

Warren smacks her across the face. Aura is forced to the ground by the impact. Erica gasps and hides her children’s faces from the scene. Other guests also look shocked. Lucas and Marcia stand.

Lucas: Hey!

Lucas looks at Warren, shocked by what he has done. Aura looks up at Warren too as he looks down at her seriously. She rubs her mouth, a small trickle of blood appearing. She gets up slowly.

Aura: I guess old habits die hard.

Warren looks angry again and kicks her in the stomach. Aura cries out. This causes Lucas to rush over and slam Warren against the wall.

Lucas: Mine do too. Want me to show you?

Tegan, Devyn and the others hurry out as Marcia rushes over to Aura’s side. They look horrified by the scene.

Tegan: Oh my God.

She hurries up.

Tegan: Lucas-

She puts her hand on his arm but Lucas shakes her off.

Lucas: You didn’t see what this guy just did.

Tegan looks from him to Aura who clutches her stomach, but appears to be all right. She regards Warren with a dark look. He stares back just as angry as her pulls away from Lucas. Lucas goes to grab him again but Tegan shakes her head.

Warren: We don’t want them here.

Tegan looks at him seriously.

Tegan: How many of us do you think want a man who hits women here.

Warren looks at her angrily. Tegan sweeps her arm, indicating the rest of the room.

Tegan: We’re all dangerous.

The rest of the room is silent. Devyn stares at Tegan as she speaks; she still stares at Warren.

Tegan: Live with it or go.

She glares at him and then walks over to Aura.

Tegan: You ok?

Aura nods.

Tegan: Maybe you should come back when...

She trails off.

Aura: When what? When there’s no one left who remembers?

Aura shakes her head and walks away. Tegan watches her and sighs. She turns back to the others and then walks back to the lobby. Lucas glares at Warren before turning back. The other guests seem to relax as Gael, Grace and Dominic turn back. Gael and Grace avoid eye contact. Marcia watches Tegan and walks after her.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan walks around to the other side of the reception desk. Marcia leans in and talks quietly.

Marcia: What’s going on T?

Tegan looks at her and hesitates.

Tegan: Uh, nothing.

Marcia gives her a look.

Marcia: I know you. You were all together in the kitchen, you never do that unless there’s something big going down.

Tegan says nothing. Marcia frowns.

Marcia: Except Juliet; where is she?

Tegan looks at her awkwardly.

FADE TO:

EXT. HAVEN CITYSCAPE – MORNING

CUT TO:

EXT. PARK

A figure walks through the park, away from the city: Juliet.

Last edited by Alex; 14-04-09, 01:03 AM.
      sigpic
      Banner set made by Lex
      Haven

Comment

ACT III

CUT TO:

INT. CORRIDOR

People rush to and fro as Deirdre and Edward make their way down the corridor. They both look concerned.

Deirdre: How did he get past security?

Edward: Evidently he had help.

Deirdre looks angry.

Deirdre: We should have foreseen this.

Edward glances at her.

Edward: That doesn’t matter now.

Deirdre: It will to Ms Lee.

Edward: Then I suggest you enact your jurisdiction and help to lessen the blame when it comes.

They stop as they reach a less crowded section of the corridor. Deirdre looks at him and then uses a key-card to open a door. Edward follows her through.

CUT TO:

INT. STAIRWAY

Deirdre and Edward reach the bottom of the stairs and then walk down the corridor. Men and women in security uniforms are stood by each door. Each of them has a gun holster around their waist. One guard is stood facing Deirdre and Edward as they walk towards him.

Guard: Ma’am, sir, they’re in here.

Deirdre: Good.

She turns to Edward.

Deirdre: I will handle this.

Edward nods but his brow narrows.

Deirdre opens a door with her key-card. She and Edward walk in.

FADE TO:

INT. ROYCE’S ROOM, HAVEN

Royce stands facing Devyn. He looks serious.

Royce: I didn’t intend for anything like this.

Devyn places his hand on a chair, exhaling.

Devyn: I know. But it’s happened. You needed to know.

Royce sits down on his bed looking serious. Devyn hesitates.

Devyn: I think you’re a pretty genuine guy.

Royce looks at him.

Devyn: So you’ve had secrets; we all have ‘em too. I don’t think anyone really doubts you. I don’t even think Juliet does.

Royce says nothing.

Devyn: Thought you should know that too.

He hesitates and then turns to walk out.

Royce: Whether Juliet accepts what I’ve told her or not...it changes nothing.

Devyn turns back.

Royce: You pursue relationships with one another. Friendships. They’re important to each of you. But not to me.

Devyn narrows his brow.

Royce: I’ve lived here long enough without attachment. I don’t intend to start now.

Devyn look confused.

Devyn: What about Liliana?

Royce looks a little surprised that Devyn could recognise their relationship. He hesitates.

Royce: She...is still a part of the world outside. If the time ever comes for me to leave; she will still be there. The rest of you...may not be.

Devyn smiles, surprised.

Devyn: So you just do nothing? Our lives are hard enough as it is; why not try and make yours a little easier?

Royce: Because at first it looks easier; and then people turn out not to be who they say they are. I know I’ve kept things, but like you say, each person here has as well. Aura, and Mark for instance. I don’t intend to be put into a position where I find that someone I have considered a friend...is an enemy.

Devyn considers this.

Devyn: Your choice.

He turns and leaves. Royce watches as the door closes.

CUT TO:

INT. MARK’S ROOM

Aura is examining her stomach in the mirror. A nasty bruise is forming where Warren kicked her. She flinches slightly.

Mark OS: This is crap.

Aura looks at him as he stands nearby.

Mark: We can’t live like this.

Aura: You think I need convincing of that?

Mark hesitates.

Aura: We could...go wherever Elle’s planning on going.

Mark looks conflicted. Aura exhales looking annoyed.

Aura: That’s the goddamn choice Mark, this or that. You gotta decide.

Mark rubs his hands over his face in despair and sits down on the bed. Aura watches him. She sighs.

Aura: I can get kicked around a few more times, it ain’t gonna break me. How about you?

Mark looks at her.

Mark: I don’t know. I’d like to think Juliet’d protect us.

In the distance the faint alarm signalling a new guest is heard. Mark and Aura look at the door but do not move. Aura looks back at Mark.

Aura: I don’t think Juliet’s gonna stop people taking out their anger if they really want to.

Mark looks serious. Aura sits down next to him, flinching slightly as she does. She looks at him.

Aura: Just like she can’t stop me taking out mine on them.

Mark looks at her.

Aura: If this is how it’s gonna be from now on, I ain’t gonna take it and neither should you. Next time someone hits me they better wish it knocks me out.

Mark: Then we’re staying.

Aura: That a question?

Mark shakes his head.

Mark: Not today.

Aura nods and gets up, walking to the door. Mark hesitates and then follows.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Elle looks in pain as she lies in her bed. She looks at the person near her.

Elle: Why are you doing this Sam?

Sam is stood nearby, frowning.

Sam: Uh, maybe cause you got shot yesterday and now you’re planning to walk around like it never happened.

Elle: Oh, I know it happened, believe me, I can feel the damn thing in my shoulder right now. But I been through a lot worse, I can manage.

She looks away.

Sam: You can’t. You don’t have anything to go back to.

Elle: I’ll find something. You might want me here but the rest of them upstairs wish I died yesterday, and you know it.

Sam: Elle-

Elle turns to him quickly.

Elle: No. You wanna help me? Then try and see if you got any food I can take with me, a day or two’s worth’ll be enough.

Sam doesn’t move. Elle looks frustrated.

Elle: All this? It’s your life, Sam, not mine. You got it all worked out here, why the hell’d you want me to come and mess that up for you?

Sam: This is all...all the same, Elle. The people here, they ain’t my friends. They’re just people I know. I sit up in that room all day and watch mostly nothing. And then you, you’re here and suddenly I got a whole lot more.

Elle looks at the ground. She shakes her head.

Elle: You wanna bond? You go see Aura, and Mark, I’m sure the three of you could be really happy down here. But I don’t need you. I don’t want you.

Sam looks hurt by this. Elle doesn’t look at him.

Elle: I’m goin’ tomorrow. Either help me or leave me to go.

Sam looks angry. He shakes his head and walks away. Elle looks regretful that it has come to this as she lays her head back. The sound of the door being locked by Sam is heard.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Devyn walks up from the first lower-corridor. Tegan is behind the reception desk, and turns to look at him. They share a quick smile.

Tegan: How’s our new guy?

Devyn nods.

Devyn: Not the most friendly, but...fine, I guess.

Tegan tries to look positive.

Tegan: Then we’re still going.

Devyn smiles weakly.

Devyn: We’re going somewhere; I dunno if it’s necessarily where we wanna be.

Tegan exhales.

Tegan: A few days ago I wasn’t so sure we’d ever be showing a new guest to their room again. This is the most normal we’ve had for a while.

Devyn nods but does not look reassured. Tegan looks sympathetic.

Tegan: She shouldn’t have gone.

Devyn makes eye contact with her.

Tegan: But I know she won’t be gone long.

Devyn exhales.

Devyn: Has she ever left like this before? Without telling anyone? Have you?

Tegan hesitates.

Tegan: She’s put this place first since before I came here. Maybe she couldn’t do it this time.

Devyn looks serious.

Devyn: She told me she wasn’t sure she could hold on.

Tegan narrows her brow.

Devyn: I thought maybe...she’d found some strength.

He looks defeated.

Tegan: Because you talked?

He glances at her. Tegan seems to realise.

Tegan: Oh.

She smiles awkwardly. Devyn looks awkward too.

Devyn: Sorry, I...I shouldn’t be talking about this.

She looks more genuine.

Tegan: No, no it’s fine. Juliet’s the one we both depend on I...don’t think she would ignore what you said or what you did. She obviously trusts you. Maybe you gave her more than you realise. But what’s going on right now is bigger than you and her.

Devyn considers this.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN FIRST-LOWER CORRIDOR

Room 1’s door opens. Warren stands at the threshold looking weary. He looks confused to see Bethany facing him. She looks serious.

Bethany: Hey.

Warren: H-hello. Whatta you want?

Bethany: I heard what you did to Aura.

Warren narrows his brow looking defensive.

Warren: She’ll live.

Bethany: Yeah. But you wanna do something better?

Warren looks curious.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Dominic is washing up. In the background, Gael walks in. Dominic turns. The two share a weak smile. Gael walks over to the far cupboards and frowns as he looks around. Dominic watches him looking awkward.

Dominic: What you looking for?

Gael turns.

Gael: Oh, uh, packet of crisps maybe? There’s usually at least one flavour I can cope with.

Dominic ****s his head.

Dominic: Salt and vinegar to my left.

Gael smiles but is still awkward. He begins to walk over.

Gael: Cheers.

He goes to the cupboard and takes a packet. He opens it as Dominic glances at him from behind. Dominic looks down at the plate he is scrubbing.

Dominic: Grace, uh, mentioned what your argument was about earlier.

Gael turns, looking like he did not want to have this conversation. Dominic stares back at him.

Dominic: I never meant to get in between the two of you dude. I never meant to fall for Grace.

Gael shakes his head, frowning.

Gael: You’ve done nothing wrong.

Dominic: Apart from showing up late right?

He smiles genuinely. Gael can’t help but smile too.

Gael: Well, maybe...

Dominic: Listen, I’ll do better. Grace will too. I guess with everything going on...being together is the one time we can escape.

Gael: Yeah I remember.

Dominic nods.

Dominic: You miss her.

Gael: I do. Not the sex, I mean sure it was fun, but...just her. We didn’t have quite so much drama to deal with back then, but there were times when Tegan was seeing her boyfriend and Juliet and...Grace and I would just get away from everyone and lie together and talk about stupid stuff for hours and it was great. And I didn’t care that I had a twelve hour shift cause she’d be there and we could check out the newest guests and rant about whatever. But...times change.

Dominic looks serious.

Dominic: Maybe they can change back?

Gael shrugs. Dominic dries his hands.

Dominic: See I think they can, pretty easily. Plus, I may not be able to check out so many guys with you, but I can still comment. And if you wanna rant, I can be good at the whole share and complain thing.

Gael smiles.

Gael: I might take you up on that.

Dominic nods and smiles back. “God in My Bed” by K’s Choice begins. Gael places a crisp in his mouth and walks away.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN BASEMENT

Warren looks around. There are candles lit around the room. He looks surprised by calm.

Warren: You have a lot of candles.

‘Before last night my heart was grey’

Bethany is stood next to him. She smiles.

Bethany: I collect them. I mean, I did.

‘Like my country is today’

Warren looks at her.

Warren: You’re not gonna have much of a collection after this.

‘Big kaleidoscope I see
        A thousand people gaze at me’

Bethany looks peaceful.

Bethany: I kept telling myself I would burn one, but I never got round to it. I couldn’t convince myself it was worth losing one cause it wouldn’t mean anything. And then I thought...today is worth all of them.

‘To break the ice I start to sing
        About a cell called everything
        A cell so big a word like small
        Is suitable to say it all’

Warren watches her, his brow narrowed.

‘Is the fighting over? I lost track’

Bethany: They’re for them. I guess even for the Response. They came here just to die.

‘Like a wave it all comes back
        Same kaleidoscope I see’

Warren looks angry as tears form in his eyes.

‘Someone standing next to me’

Warren: I’m not gonna feel anything for those people.

‘It's hard to do, it's hard to try’

Bethany looks sceptical.

Bethany: I think you feel a lot for them. You hate them so much and you can’t do anything. Hurting Aura and Mark is never gonna be enough for you. You’ll end up out of here, and then you won’t have anything.

‘Hard to stop wondering why
        Do I keep filing every case
        When the answer's on your face’

Warren cries more freely now. Tears appear in Bethany’s eyes too.

Warren: I wish...I had been the one to kill them.

‘You can't see her but you do
        Music is transparent too’

Bethany shakes her head.

Bethany: No you don’t. You’re not a killer.

’So join me, sing with all your might
        Hallelujah, praise tonight’

Warren screws up his eyes as tears fall freely down his face.

Bethany: Even if you were...it’d eat you up. You’re not like me.

Warren looks at her. She smiles sadly and looks into the candles again.

Bethany: Just remember her.

Warren nods, smiling past his tears. The two watch in silence.

‘Far away and long ago
        Wintertime meant feeling low
        Now every single star looks bright
        God was in my bed last night’

CUT TO:

EXT. BELVIEW CITYSCAPE – DUSK

The camera speeds away from the city to a suburban area a mile or two away.

CUT TO:

EXT. TRAILER PARK

A woman of about 40 is smoking outside. Rustling is heard from the trees near her. The woman narrows her brow and scans the trees. There is a close up of her foot as she steps backwards. A pair of boots are stood next to her.

Juliet: Hey Dom.

The woman (Dom) turns and looks alarmed. As she sees Juliet she stares at her in disbelief. Juliet smiles but her eyes do not.

Dom: Jesus! Jules? Girl I coulda’ killed you!

She exhales trying to catch her breath. She laughs slightly, shaking her head.

Dom: Where you been at!?

Juliet: Long story.

Dom: Hell, I got time, you wanna come in?

Juliet nods.

Juliet: I do.

Dom takes one last drag from her cigarette and then throws it to the ground. She opens the back door to her trailer and walks in.

Dom: Lucky I got a few spare beers.

Juliet’s expression remains the same as she follows. She steps on Dom’s cigarette, crushing it into the ground.

sigpic
        Banner set made by Lex
        Haven

Comment

ACT IV

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM

A younger Royce is fastening his tie as he looks into a mirror on the wall. There is a knock at the door. He pauses and then walks over.

He opens the door and faces a girl in her early 20s. She smiles. The corridor behind her reveals where they are: Haven.

Leonis: Hey Royce, uh, Liliana’s ready if you are.

Royce smiles politely. He walks with her down the first lower-corridor.

CUT TO:

INT. LILIANA’S OFFICE

We see the office that is now Juliet’s; Liliana is sat behind the desk as Royce walks in. She stands, smiling.

Liliana: Royce. How are you?

Royce: I’m...fine, thank you.

She nods, but knows that Royce is not entirely sincere.

Liliana: I wanted to talk to you about something specific, actually. Take a seat, please.

She indicates the seat in front of her with her hand. Royce sits as she suggests. Liliana puts her hands together and exhales.

Liliana: Haven is struggling, lately. The incident cost us a great deal...

She looks sombre but composes herself.

Liliana: The guests keep coming. We need help.

Royce looks confused.

Royce: You want help from me?

Liliana smiles awkwardly.

Liliana: You’ve been here several months now. I know you’re not in a hurry to leave. And I know... that what happened to you took away your purpose.

Royce looks reserved.

Liliana: You could have one here. I usually wait longer before I offer a guest a job...

Royce looks surprised.

Liliana: I don’t think you are usual. Most of these people cannot be trusted with a permanent position here. I feel that you can be. I’ve asked the Owner and...he agrees. Do you?

Royce contemplates this. Liliana looks eager to hear his answer.

FADE TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

In the present day Liliana is stood on the other side of the desk that was once hers. Devyn, Tegan and Royce are stood near her.

Liliana: I have people looking for her; but Juliet knows this city well, she could be...almost anywhere. In the mean time...I suggest the three of you continue what you’re doing and make sure that the remaining guests don’t use this as a reason to leave.

The others look serious. Liliana exhales.

Liliana: Unfortunately we have a more serious problem.

Royce looks surprised.

Devyn: You said Amethyst weren’t a threat right now.

Liliana: They themselves are not. But their own weakened security has resulted in a breakout. Several inmates were able to escape into Belview.

Tegan looks confused.

Tegan: So we have more guests, that’s what they need and that’s what we need.

Liliana hesitates.

Liliana: If they were run-of-the-mill criminals then yes, they would be what we need. But the escapees are on a different level.

Royce looks concerned.

Liliana: We’re talking about serial killers. Rapists. People who kill and enjoy it.

Devyn and Tegan share a look.

Liliana: They know Haven is here, and they will utilise it, but they will more than likely play by their own rules.

Royce: How do we [i]know[i]?

Liliana looks at him, surprised.

Royce: Is there a line we can draw between them and us?

Liliana swallows.

Liliana: If you want to avoid yet more danger, then yes there must be.

He looks serious. She looks back at the others.

Liliana: Most of their identities are unknown because Amethyst has not publicized any of this. I will give you the information that I have, and when Juliet returns she will decide what course of action to take should one of these criminals come here. But for now...it is up to you.

Devyn nods.

Devyn: Thanks for the heads up.

Liliana smiles weakly as Devyn walks out. Tegan nods slightly and follows him. Liliana turns to Royce.

Liliana: I know you don’t want to accept that Amethyst have a reason to keep anyone behind bars. These people are usually taken by them before they reach Haven because of the risk they post to everyone, they don’t have motive. They just have desire. This hotel is not for them.

Royce considers this.

Royce: I don’t doubt that they won’t do what you say. But I don’t believe that myself, and Juliet and Tegan are the “good” criminals, while others are “bad”-

Liliana: They are worse! You cannot deny that.

Royce: We are all on one side of this city’s coin. Amethyst are on the other. Desire may be the most important aspect in triumphing over their persecution.

Liliana looks angry.

Liliana: The most important aspect is staying alive. This is not the time for an open mind this is the time where hard choices have to be made, and this is mine. Don’t make it harder for me to protect you!

She looks worried now. Royce softens his approach.

Royce: I don’t mean to fight you.

Liliana looks at him.

Liliana: So don’t.

Royce exhales but nods. He touches Liliana’s back. She closes her eyes and looks more relaxed. She walks over to Juliet’s computer and sits down. She breathes and begins to exhale. Royce walks over to the chair in front of the desk and places his hand on it as he watches her begin to input the data into the computer.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan and Devyn walk out from the main corridor. They look surprised as they see Amy and Riley playing in front of them. Tegan sees Erica at a table in the dining area, her hands supporting her temples. Teya is sat nearby, drinking. Tegan looks at the children.

Tegan: Hey, guys, is your mom ok?

Amy looks up and shrugs.

Amy: She said she’s tired, so we left her alone.

Tegan glances at Devyn.

Devyn: I’ll stay with them. You go see her.

Tegan smiles and nods and walks into the dining area.

CUT TO:

INT. DINING AREA

Erica has her eyes closed. Teya is getting down from her chair. Tegan kneels.

Tegan: Hey sweetheart, where you going?

Erica looks up, surprised. She relaxes as she sees Tegan. Tegan smiles.

Tegan: Hi.

Erica smiles back but looks disorientated. She looks around, concerned.

Erica: Amy? Riley?

She stands but stumbles slightly. Tegan touches her arm lightly.

Tegan: It’s ok, Erica. They’re with Devyn.

She indicates him with them in the lobby. Erica turns and nods vacantly.

Teya: Mommy I need more water.

She holds the cup on its side. Erica smiles at Teya trying to compose herself.

Tegan: Why don’t I get that, huh?

Erica looks grateful and begins to sit back down. Tegan walks over.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Tegan is sat next to Erica. She looks over at the lobby where Teya has joined her brother and sister with Devyn and Dominic who has joined him.

Erica: They’re bored.

Tegan looks at her to see that she too is staring at the children. Erica makes eye contact with her.

Erica: They’re not going to get an education here. They’ll never meet other children, or see the world. They’ll only ever be around other criminals. What will they learn from that?

She looks down and exhales. Tegan glances at Amy who is smiling at Devyn.

Erica: I am so tired. I can’t give them what they deserve. I realise that more every day.

Tegan narrows her brow.

Tegan: You’ve given them life; you’ve done your best-

Erica: No I could do better.

She looks resolved.

Erica: I’m resigned to the fact that this is my life, that I can’t change it. But theirs...

She shakes her head.

Tegan: You wanted to leave so many times and you didn’t. I think you know you’re doing the right thing here.

Erica smiles sadly.

Erica: I wanted to use the things that have happened, with The Response and everything as excuses to go. But there is still every reason for me to stay. Except their future.

Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: They need you. You’re here, and yeah it leaves a lot to be desired but they have your love; it’s completely the biggest thing you could take away.

Erica looks upset.

Tegan: You won’t be down here forever, Erica. But while you are, maybe it’s time to realise you don’t have to do this alone.

Erica smiles despite her sadness. Tegan smiles back kindly.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

A hand appears on a shoulder. Elle turns as she awakens, startled as Sam wakes her. He smiles slightly. Elle exhales as she relaxes. She winces as she sits up and quickly lies back down again. Elle glances at Sam.

Elle: Sam, don’t look at me like that.

Sam hesitates.

Sam: You’re still in a lot of pain.

Elle looks tired.

Elle: Yeah, well that’s not going anywhere.

Sam: It might. I got you some pain meds. They’re already dissolved in.

Sam takes a glass from the bedside table and holds it out.

Sam: You said help so...

He waits. Elle smiles a little.

Elle: Thanks.

She takes a long sip and swallows. She breathes out and looks at him as she lies back.

Elle: Don’t be so sad.

Sam: It frustrates me that I can’t change you. I don’t want you alone.

Elle’s smile fades.

Elle: I do. Maybe, you know, this whole thing is a new start. I’ve been a part of the Response so long, I don’t know how to be just me but...I gotta find out.

She looks tearful. Sam looks sympathetic. Elle shifts slightly.

Elle: Wow these meds work fast.

Sam: Feelin’ better?

Elle: I feel...a little numb.

Sam nods.

Sam: That’s ok. Just let it wash over you.

Elle nods slightly and breathes more evenly. She begins to lose grip on the glass in her hands. Sam slowly reaches over and takes it from her hands.

Elle: (faintly) Sam?

Sam: Ssh. Sleep.

Elle does not respond. Sam watches her and closes his eyes as he exhales.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN THIRD LOWER-CORRIDOR

Sam closes Room 20’s door behind him and locks it. He looks guilty but walks away.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL – EVENING

CUT TO:

INT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL

Grace turns over the open sign to closed. She looks concerned as she stares at the empty street. In the background the door next to the till opens. Gael walks in. Grace turns and they share a slight smile.

Gael: Wondered where you were.

Grace shrugs and walks over.

Grace: Here I am. And so done with today.

Gael looks awkward.

Gael: Yeah, me too.

Grace nods, putting her hands in her pockets.

Gael: I spoke to Dominic.

Grace: I know.

Grace smiles sadly.

Grace: I never meant to replace you. But I know it’s kinda what I did. You were there for me on the first day I was here and you haven’t stopped. I feel like I can’t give even half of that back.

Gael: You can. You do.

They smile.

Grace: I think I’ve had difficulty factoring in Dominic into us.

Gael: I reckon...you shouldn’t try. You and him are new and exciting. Don’t be ashamed of that. I wouldn’t be.

Grace nods.

Gael: I don’t think it’ll be hard to make more time for each other. Not after this.

She shakes her head, smiling.

Grace: You know, if I can find a guy who wants someone as crazy and as difficult as me...you’re not gonna have a problem.

Gael looks touched.

Grace: Though maybe you need to get out more.

Gael laughs slightly. “Rangers” by A Fine Frenzy begins to play. Grace walks around the till and starts to type keys on the tills.

Grace: I’ll be done here soon. How about you start making something amazing and I’ll come down and watch in a few?

Gael rolls his eyes and grins as he turns away. Grace smiles too.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Liliana stares at the computer screen looking anxious. Royce is looking over her shoulder. He puts a hand on her shoulder. Without looking she places her own on his.

‘The paths have been crossed’

CUT TO:

INT. AURA’S ROOM

Aura and Mark talk together. Aura laughs at something Mark has said, despite the bruise around her mouth.

‘The crumbs are gone and the way and the way is lost’

CUT TO:

INT. FIRST LOWER-CORRIDOR

Warren smiles at Bethany as he closes his door. She turns away and looks peaceful.

‘Melancholy phantoms eye our skins’

CUT TO:

INT. SAM’S ROOM

Sam lies on his bed staring at the ceiling, clutching the key to Room 20 in his hand.

‘Poisoned apples falling with the wind’

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Gael walks in and join Devyn, Dominic and Tegan who are talking to Erica. She looks happier. Dominic picks up Riley who is grinning. Dominic tickles Riley a little and he giggles. Even Amy smiles at the group together.

‘Hear the sigh of the trees
          Those who enter here never leave’

CUT TO:

INT. COMPUTER ROOM

Jackie stands looking excited as Deirdre stands in front of her. Leo shows Deirdre what he has found. Deirdre looks fascinated. Leo and Jackie share a triumphant smile.

‘And the rangers stream
          Out of their cabins
          They are the hunters,
          We are the rabbits
          But maybe we don’t want to be found
          Maybe we don’t want to be found’

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Gael checks his watch and narrows his brow slightly. He looks at Dominic and says something. Dominic nods and says something back. The two of them walk out.

‘Further in and on we go’

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Erica, her children, Marcia and Lucas are sat talking together as they eat dinner. Gael and Dominic walk past.

‘Sightless creatures tugging at our clothes

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Gael and Dominic enter the lobby to find Royce, Liliana, Devyn and Tegan talking. Gael and Dominic appear to say goodbye to Liliana who smiles back and nods in thanks.

‘Cutting through the twilight, sword in hand’

As Gael and Dominic open the front door. Tegan glances at Devyn who still seems a little uneasy.

‘Strangers once, united against the land

CUT TO:

INT. STAIRWAY TO HAVEN

Gael and Dominic walk up the stairs.

‘At the sound of the bells
          They’re pulling paper lanterns from their shelves’

CUT TO:

INT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL

Gael opens the door. His face immediately falls. The front door has been forced open and the till is lying open. Dominic notices too and looks equally concerned. They book look around but the shop is empty. Gael hurriedly runs forwards and out of the open door.

‘And the rangers stream
          Out of their cabins
          They are the hunters,
          We are the rabbits
          And maybe we don’t want to be found
          Maybe we don’t want you tracking us down’

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL

Gael runs out and looks around desperately. Dominic follows him. The two men scan the street but it is dark and there is no one. The camera moves up, and away. Grace is gone.

‘The rangers stream
          Out of their cabins
          Raising their muskets,
          Flashing their badges

FADE TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

Juliet is sat looking stone-faced. She closes her eyes as if trying to come to terms with something. Her eyes look up as movement occur in front of her.

‘Let’s keep hiding, all quiet-like
          They’ll keep seeking but they won’t find us
          Let’s keep living our quiet lives
          You and I
          You and I’

The camera spins round. Mr Dalen and Deirdre face her. Deirdre narrows her eyes. But they look younger; Deirdre has just opened the door with her key card. Juliet is being guarded on either side, her wrists handcuffed to the chair she is sat on. She gives no expression as she stares at Mr Dalen and Deidre and stares into space.

‘And the rangers stream
          Out of their cabins
          They are the hunters,
          We are the rabbits
          And maybe we don’t want to be found
          Maybe we don’t want you tracking us down’

MOVE UP TO:

INT. LARGE LOBBY

Businessmen and women go about their business. The camera moves round and backs out of the building. As it does we see that once again, this is the place Amethyst will become: Equitas.

‘The rangers stream
          Out of their cabins
          Raising their muskets,
          Flashing their badges

FADE TO: BLACK

THE END
          sigpic
          Banner set made by Lex
          Haven