Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Haven Episode 1.15 15. Before the War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven Episode 1.15 15. Before the War

This is the fifteenth episode of "Haven", an original series written by me. I hope you enjoy reading it! If you have any feedback, positive or critical, please post it here, thank you

Haven Episode 1.15 15. Before the War

Written and Produced by Alex Hart
    Edited by Lex

Special thanks to Heather

Disclaimer: The series “Haven”, its characters, locations and ideas are all creations belonging to Alex Hart. The work is fictional and meant for entertainment purposes only. No unauthorised usage of anything in “Haven” is permitted without prior permission, thank you.

TEASER

OPEN ON:

INT. VAN - NIGHT

“This is Not Like Home” by Great Lake Swimmers begins to play. Nicole is driving, staring blankly forwards at the road, wearing fairly casual clothing compared to her all-black Response outfit. The gentle introduction of the song plays.

CUT TO:

EXT. ROAD - NIGHT

We see the van drive down a desert road, showing it to be almost lorry-sized.

CUT TO:

EXT. ROADSIDE

The van is parked; Nicole gets out and walks to the back of the van. She stares into the distance.

The camera moves round to show a beach below, a single light present in the deep black of night.

CUT TO:

EXT. BOAT

The lyrics of the song begin. Many figures are seen on the boat, huddled together to keep warm in the night air. Each of the men, women and children appear to be Hispanic.

‘In from the oceans they came’

CUT TO:

EXT. BOAT

A girl of around 17 clutches herself to keep warm, a look of anxiety on her face.

‘A vision, a skirt, and a name’

CUT TO:

EXT. BEACH

Nicole is now on the beach, waiting, as the figures jump out of the boat into the shallow waters.

‘But these lands they are wild’

CUT TO:

EXT. BEACH

A man picks up a young child as the group all make their way to Nicole. She taps her fingers on the side of a gun attached to her belt.

‘And these hands they are tame’

A white man, apparently the boat’s captain, approaches Nicole. They talk for a second out of earshot, and appear to come to an agreement as they are watched by the group.

‘Don’t forget your own
    Wilderness wish
    that gets buried in snow’

CUT TO:

EXT. ROADSIDE

The figures get into the back of the van one by one, handing Nicole money as they do. Nicole counts it each time and then nods.

‘Call it ‘home
    It’s lumber and stone
    Stranded and free’

CUT TO:

INT. VAN

As the van is driven along, the group stare into space blankly, some looking optimistic, others looking close to despair.

‘This is not like home
    This is not like home’

CUT TO:

EXT. ROADSIDE

Nicole gets out once again, having reached a destination. She opens the back doors of the lorry. The faces all look at her.

Nicole: Welcome.

‘When you feel alone
    In a world that’s not your own’

FADE TO: GREY

FADE TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Nicole sits on the bed, staring coldly at the walls of the room. The camera slowly pans away from her.

Juliet VO: They have to go.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Juliet is sat in front of her desk. Liliana is sat opposite her. The scene from the end of “...As We Ourselves Make It” plays out. Juliet narrows her brow slightly.

Juliet: Mark and Aura I...I can try and deal with, but these others...

She shakes her head quickly. Liliana pauses. Juliet looks at her.

Juliet: Please don’t look at me like I have any other option here.

Liliana hesitates.

Liliana: I don’t care what you do, Juliet. You were the one held hostage, not I. Although...

Juliet looks as if she knew this was coming.

Liliana: If you wanted to throw them out, why are they still here? I know I don’t have to teach you anything about ruthlessness, I think you would have done something by now if that’s truly what you intended to do.

Juliet hesitates, not wanting to answer Liliana’s question. Juliet looks weary.

Juliet: Each of them would’ve killed us all.

Liliana: And maybe you would’ve killed us all, if you believed you were doing the right thing?

Juliet looks annoyed.

Juliet: I can’t listen to this right now-

She stands up and walks around the desk, Liliana watches her.

Liliana: You asked for my advice.

Juliet turns quickly looking at Liliana incredulously.

Juliet: This is not...you did not go through this. You are never the one whose job, whose life is on the line.

Liliana: Juliet-

Juliet: But you’re part of the reason why, aren’t you? You say this is going to get better, that things like this aren’t going to happen again, but you are wrong. Because they come back, and they get worse, and I don’t think I...

She runs her fingers through her hair, looking anxious.

Juliet: I don’t think I can do this for much longer.

Liliana hesitates and then stands. She walks up to Juliet looking serious but compassionate.

Liliana: I know I’ve failed you. But I promise you Juliet...

Juliet: You always promise-

Lilian: That I am working on something that will change Haven entirely. I can’t tell you much more about it right now but...just know that it’s coming. And when it does, you won’t have to worry about whose next to come through the door-

There is a knock at the door. Liliana and Juliet both turn to look. Juliet hesitates and then walks over to open it. Devyn is stood on the other side. He smiles slightly.

Devyn: Hey; you ready?

Juliet smiles awkwardly and nods. Devyn turns away. Juliet looks back at Liliana.

Juliet: I have to deal with this now.

Liliana: Yes, of course.

Liliana gets up and walks to the door.

Liliana: I hope you come to a decision you’re happy with.

Juliet nods weakly. Liliana smiles slightly at Devyn who is stood nearby as Aura and Mark appear. They avoid eye contact with the others as they walk into Juliet’s office. Juliet looks serious as she stares at Devyn. He looks as if he wishes he could join her, but he can’t. Juliet slowly closes the door.

CUT TO: BLACK

OPENING CREDITS ROLL

THEMESONG: “Not Gonna Get Us” - Tatu

The eerie start of the song plays as we see grey smoke. “Haven” in black, torn letters fades in. It disappears as the drums start. The smoke is gone also. There are a series of quick shots: a gun being fired. A high-heeled foot stepping next to a pole. A syringe injecting someone’s arm. A knife being raised. A key turning in a lock. Coins scattering on a table. A close up of a woman’s lips as she applies lipstick. A shovel being forced into the ground. A close up of someone handcuffing another person’s wrists. A hand flicking a cigarette lighter on. A pair of pliers approaching someone’s finger. A dagger covered in blood hitting the ground. A hand grabbing on to someone’s arm. A close up of an eye opening wide.

As the song suddenly becomes more energetic, there is a montage of criminal records, each face only seen for a fraction of a second.

The camera zooms towards Juliet looking shocked.

MELISSA GEORGE

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Juliet walking with a neutral expression on her face. There is a shot of Juliet pointing a gun looking resolute. There is a shot of Juliet turning her face, looking serious. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of Juliet, Grace and Tegan running. There is a shot of the illuminated “Summertime General” sign.

There is a shot of Devyn reaching out for something.

JUSTIN THEROUX

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Devyn punching someone. There is a shot of him leaning against a wall. There is a shot of him smiling, a little smugly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a little girl with a knife in her hand. There is a shot of a gun being fired into the air.

There is a shot of Tegan typing on a computer.

LEISHA HAILEY

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Tegan turning, the flash of sirens causing her to shield her eyes. There is a shot of Tegan putting her hand over mouth. There is a shot of Tegan ****ing her head slightly, smiling. The credit flickers away.

A shot of a woman walking down a corridor of Haven, purposefully. A shot of a man and a woman kissing.

There is a shot of Gael holding out a large knife.

CHARLIE HUNNAM

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Gael hugging someone. There is a shot of a tear streaming down Gael’s face. There is a shot of Gael laughing. The credit flickers away.

A shot of the main entrance opening. A shot of Mark and Aura turning looking surprised in Summertime General.

There is a shot of Grace carrying a plate of food.

SANDRA OH

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Grace putting her head in her hands. A shot of her putting her finger over her lips. A shot of her smiling a little. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of an explosion. A shot of Grace crying in Gael’s arms.

There is a shot of Aura sat at one of the tables in Haven’s kitchen.

DANA DAVIS

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Aura turning looking shocked. A shot of her at the till in Summertime General. A shot of her smiling kindly. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a hand being placed on the identification pad. A shot of Bethany kissing someone.

There is a shot of Mark walking down the first lower corridor.

RYAN CARNES

The credits flicker on to the screen. There is a shot of Mark looking troubled. A shot of Mark diving out of the way of something. A shot of Mark stroking someone’s hair.

There is a shot of Royce punching someone. A shot of a man moving over a man’s bare stomach.

There is a shot of Jackie sitting in a chair, her index finger on her temple. She looks thoughtful.

STEPHANIE ROMANOV

The credit flickers on to the screen. There is a shot of Jackie turning, looking out of breath. A shot of her walking looking formidable. A shot of her examining a gun. The credit flickers away.

There is a shot of a corridor in Haven. The camera zooms through to the lobby, spinning around, backing through the front entrance. The doors close.

Guest Starring:

JULIE BENZ – Erica McArthur
    JOANNA CASSIDY – Deirdre Kyre
    PERCY DAGGS – Sam Shaw
    JOSH DUHAMEL – Dominic Healy
    MERRIN DUNGEY – Marcia Maxx
    GREG GRUNBERG – Jethro Pedanski
    DAVID HEWLETT – Leo Falcon
    FAMKE JANSSEN – Liliana Redgrave
    SAM JONES – Lucas Pedance
    THOMAS KOPACHE – Mr Dalen
    PETER KRAUSE – Warren Jeffers
    MARLENE LAWSTON – Amy McArthur
    CHRIS LOWELL – Rick Parkman
    ANNA PAQUIN - Elle LaTour
    JAMES PICKENS JR. – Royce Appleby
    AMANDA SEYFRIED – Bethany Thyme
    EVAN RACHEL WOOD – Nicole Lindstrom

ACT I

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Juliet turns and stares at Aura and Mark who look as if they wish they could be anywhere else. She hesitates for a moment and then walks past them to her desk and sits down.

Juliet: Take a seat, both of you.

Aura and Mark hesitate and then do so. Juliet watches them piercingly. There is a pause.

Juliet: I have...spoken to Tegan. She told me what you said Mark. About why you did this.

She looks at him, but he avoids her gaze.

Juliet: I’ve been trying to piece together what’s been happening behind the scenes for the last months, or maybe years and I think I have a pretty good idea.

There is a pause.

Juliet: The two of you joined The Response because you were afraid. You realised it wasn’t as easy as you thought so you left and came here, and then Valoro found you. He threatened you. And you decided that you couldn’t come to me or anyone else. You decide to betray us all because once again, you were afraid. Tell me if I’m going wrong here.

She narrows her brow slightly, not expecting an answer. Aura looks serious.

Aura: You’re not. But what we were supposed to do, expect you to solve all our problems? None o’ you ever cared about us enough to get to know us, why would we think you would risk your lives to help us?

Juliet pauses.

Juliet: We’re all risking our lives every day to help each other.

Aura: You make it sound like rainbows and care bears. We’re not all equal Juliet, you know that.

Juliet exhales.

Juliet: I know there is more than I could have done for you before...I know.

Aura doesn’t respond.

Juliet: You cannot blame me for what you did. You made your choices. You had to pick a side-

Mark: We did.

Juliet looks at him incredulously.

Juliet: You expect me to applaud you for killing the people you brought to this hotel? The people who, thanks to you, killed two guests, injured half a dozen more, and made it impossible for anyone to ever feel safe here again.

Juliet looks at them incredulously.

Juliet: You saw what happened with Eric. Aura you even voted for his death, and the whole time you were planning this, I mean how...how?

Aura looks away. Mark hesitates.

Mark: You spent enough time with Valoro to know that he’s determined to get what he wants. What he threatened to do to our families, he woulda done it in a heartbeat, if it was your family how do you think-

Juliet: It has been my family. Before. Their lives have been in my hands. So don’t start telling me that I don’t know what it’s like. If I was in your position maybe I would have done what you did, but I would still have to deal with the consequences. Your family’s lives are the most important thing to you, of course they are. But the most important thing to me is this hotel. The lives of the people in it are not a trade-off for any others. That is the difference between a sanctuary and chaos.

There is a pause.

Juliet: This isn’t just up to me. I have to talk to the others.

Aura frowns.

Aura: So we’re just gonna have to wait and see whether you kick us out or not?

Juliet stares at her.

Juliet: Yes you are.

Aura looks angry and stands. She walks to the door. Mark stands slowly as well, looking anxious. He follows Aura. Juliet watches them go.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Grace is mopping up the floor. There is still the faint stain of blood. Dominic is picking up fragments of tile that were scattered onto the worktops from the bullets. Grace looks frustrated and pushes her mop against the worktop. The sound makes Dominic look up. Grace sighs.

Grace: It’s not coming out.

Dominic looks serious and walks over to her slowly.

Dominic: Wanna swap?

Grace looks at him. She shakes her head wearily.

Grace: I wanna be not in here.

Dominic nods and touches her shoulder. Grace smiles but pulls away.

Grace: Not today. I’m a little stiff.

Dominic: That’s ok. You take your pills?

Grace: Yeah, just sometimes they take a while to kick in.

A door can be heard opening. Grace and Dominic turn to see Tegan walking in from the dining area. She smiles weakly.

Tegan: Hi. Think we’re...gonna do this now, if you guys are ready.

Grace and Dominic look ambivalent but nod. They follow Tegan out.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN STAFF CORRIDOR

Tegan walks into Juliet’s office followed by Grace and Dominic. Devyn and Gael are stood nearby. They also follow, and close the door behind them.

CUT TO:

EXT. AMETHYST HQ

CUT TO:

INT. JACKIE’S OFFICE

Jackie turns her head as a knock is heard. There is a stitched up wound on her forehead. She looks serious.

Jackie: Come in?

Deirdre enters. Jackie stands.

Jackie: Ma’am.

Deirdre: Please, Jackie, sit.

Jackie does so. Deirdre walks over and sits opposite her. She smiles weakly.

Deirdre: I hope you’re recovering well.

Jackie: Yes, thank you ma’am.

There is a pause.

Deirdre: I’ll get straight to the point. We now have a number of highly dangerous individuals walking amongst the public. There will no doubt be victims within the next few weeks, perhaps days. And the relatives of those victims will demand action.

Jackie nods slowly.

Jackie: Ma’am...forgive me for how this may sound but, have you come here to fire me?

Deirdre shakes her head.

Deirdre: No. We don’t want to let you go so soon after appointing you head of this operation. It would look terrible for Amethyst. But someone must answer for what’s happened.

Jackie looks concerned. Deirdre exhales.

Deirdre: Gina Mayes will no longer be working for Amethyst.

Jackie looks shocked.

Jackie: Gina...? She...she couldn’t have had anything to do with-

Deirdre: Her work has been average at best. Her position will easily be filled by someone more capable.

Jackie looks unsatisfied.

Jackie: Ma’am, I trust Gina Mayes, losing her-

Deirdre: Is the only way to avoid losing you. Think about that.

Jackie pauses.

Jackie: She has a family to support.

Deirdre: That’s no longer your concern. What you do need to consider, is how we are going to recapture these criminals, and protect Belview. I don’t think you realise how close we came to losing everything. I want you to work with the technical team to try and find a solution as soon as possible.

Jackie looks serious. Deirdre stands.

Deirdre: Jackie I was eager for you to take up this position. I felt you would breathe new life into this project. So far you’ve done next to nothing. I would seriously consider coming up with a breakthrough very shortly.

Jackie looks frustrated but nods.

Jackie: Before all this...I was working on something, ma’am. I think that could be exactly what you’re looking for.

Deirdre: All right then. Impress me.

Deirdre walks out. Jackie watches her go and looks serious as she considers the fact that her ally is gone.

Last edited by Alex; 14-04-09, 06:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Banner set made by Lex
    Buffy Season 8 & 9 & Angel Season 6
    Haven

ACT II

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET – NIGHT

“Dream On” by Christian Falk feat. Robyn begins. The scene is in slow-motion. A young couple walk down the street, holding hands. The man is Rick. They smile at one another as they walk along in conversation.

’Thugs and bad men
    Punks and lifers
    Locked up interns
    Pigs and snitches’

A man runs up behind them. The couple are oblivious until...

’Rest your weary heads, all is well’

The man grabs the girl with Rick and pushes her against the wall. Rick looks alarmed as the girl cries out in distress. The man gets a gun out and aims it at the girl. Rick rushes up trying to prise the gun from the man’s hands. It twists in his hand. Suddenly it fires. The girl looks shocked. The attacker falls to the ground as Rick and the girl look down. Rick stares in shock at the man he has just killed.

’You won't be strip-searched, torn up tonight
    You won't be cut up, bleeding tonight
    You won't be strung out, cold, shaking to your bones
    Wishing you were anywhere else but right here
    So dream on’

FADE TO: WHITE

FADE TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Rick is standing against the wall his arms folded. He stares into space just like Nicole.

Grace OS: Why are we even discussing this?

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Grace stands looking annoyed. Juliet is stood near her desk. Tegan, Gael, Dominic and Devyn are stood around.

Juliet: Because I need to know what all of you think about this.

Grace smiles surprised.

Grace: Uh, I think that Mark and Aura almost killed us all and did kill some of us. So they should go. Right?

Juliet pauses. Her eyes flicker over.

Juliet: Tegan?

Grace looks at Tegan. She narrows her brow.

Grace: You are so not defending them.

Tegan looks annoyed at this.

Tegan: No, I’m not. I just don’t wanna see anyone else die. And they will up there.

Dominic: Or not. I mean, it’s not a death sentence. We all managed before. Seems to me like they’ve given up any right to stay here.

Grace looks pleased to have Dominic’s support. Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: They’re barely adults. I did some pretty screwed up stuff as a teenager, we all did-

Gael: And we paid for it.

Tegan looks at Gael, realising that he too is against her. Gael looks awkward as she stares at him.

Gael: I don’t wanna see them dead either. But...how-how on earth are they gonna be able to be here after what happened. They can’t keep working for a start.

Dominic: Not to mention the other guests. I doubt they’ll be too pleased to find that they’re sticking around-

Devyn: Shouldn’t Sam be here?

Juliet looks at him. He’s looking at her.

Devyn: He knows one of the others right? He should have a say in this.

Juliet hesitates.

Juliet: I was gonna talk to him later. This isn’t about...the other three right now, I guess we’ll deal with them later.

Grace: What, we’re gonna have a talk about them too? The people that actually fired hundreds of bullets at us-

Juliet: No. They will go.

The others look at her, the finality in her voice clear. Juliet looks around at them.

Juliet: But I need to know what happened first.

There is a pause.

Gael: Jules...if Aura and Mark stay, I can tell you now, Bethany’s not gonna stick around.

Juliet looks serious.

Dominic: She might not be the only one.

Juliet looks surprised; even Grace does. Tegan narrows her brow.

Tegan: You’re gonna threaten to leave?

Dominic: I’m not threatening anything. I’m just saying how I feel, which is the point of this right?

He looks at Juliet.

Dominic: Look, I appreciate everything you’ve done to help me fit in here, you all have.

He glances around at the others. His eyes linger on Grace for a second and then he looks back at Juliet.

Dominic: The risk I’m prepared to take is that once in a while, someone might try something that puts us all in danger. But waiting to see if they might do it again...that’s a risk I’m not taking.

Grace looks serious.

Devyn: You don’t think they’ve learnt their lesson?

Dominic shrugs.

Dominic: Anything can change under enough pressure.

Tegan looks serious.

Tegan: You’re happy to live among people who’ve done way worse than Mark and Aura. Does everything change just cause you’re the one affected?

Dominic shrugs.

Dominic: Yeah.

There is a pause. Juliet unfolds her arms.

Juliet: I’m sorry T.

Tegan looks at her.

Juliet: Things are barely being held together as it is. They can’t stay.

Tegan looks away and nods to herself.

Tegan: You gonna throw them out now, or wait and see if it’s easier later on? Cause it won’t be Jules.

Juliet looks serious.

Juliet: Don’t talk like I don’t know that.

There is silence. Juliet shakes her head. She walks past the others and out. Everyone else is left in silence.

CUT TO:

EXT. AMETHYST HQ

CUT TO:

INT. AMETHYST HQ, COMPUTER ROOM

Leo is seen typing at a computer. Two other men are sat in front of computers next to him.

Man #1: Rumour has it that she’s taking the fall for the escape debacle and this is her last chance to prove herself.

He smiles at the second man.

Man #1: You realise that means we have the power over whether she stays or goes?

The second man smiles at this as Leo glances over at them.

Leo: I wouldn’t be so confident just yet.

The other two look at him. The first man raises an eyebrow.

Man #1: Oh yeah? And why’s that?

Jackie OS: Because if I go, then guess who I’ll be taking with me?

Leo and the others turn to see Jackie stood in the entrance to the room, her arms folded.

Jackie: I trust you’re progressing ahead of the lenient schedule I gave you?

She smiles dangerously.

Man #2: Uh...

Leo: We’re almost there. We just need a test subject or two.

Jackie: Good. I’ve already arranged that part. So, Leo you can finish off here, and you two...get out.

The other two men look annoyed.

Man #1: We just spent a day and a half on this-

Jackie: Yes, but somehow I feel your heart wasn’t in it. Now, you should go, unless you want to give me any more reasons to have you fired.

The men hesitate and then stand. The second man heads for the door but the first stares at Jackie for a moment.

Man #1: Maybe I’ll go to Mr Dalen about this.

Jackie stares back.

Jackie: Be my guest. If you’re truly that confident in your position. I’m looking forward to finding out.

She smiles slightly. The man looks annoyed and follows the other out. Jackie looks relieved as Leo looks up at her, a little alarmed.

Leo: You...are a very scary woman that I don’t know.

Jackie rolls her eyes.

Jackie: Please. That was barely more than a bluff.

Leo: Really? You mean...?

Jackie: We’re not talking about this.

She raises an eyebrow. Leo seems to get the message.

Leo: Right. Well, uh, I’ll be done soon.

Jackie: Make that sooner.

She smiles, more softly and walks away. Leo nods and then looks back at the computer, continuing with his work.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL

CUT TO:

INT. BETHANY’S ROOM

Bethany is sat on her bed, leaning against the headrest at an angle. She looks tired. Gael is sat near the bed.

Bethany: When will they go?

Gael: Soon. It’ll be soon.

Bethany glances down .

Bethany: Can you come back and tell me when they’re gone? Then maybe I can get out of here.

Gael nods slightly but frowns. Bethany looks at him.

Bethany: What?

Gael: There’s nothing...you want to say to them? Cause this is your last chance. You might regret not doing it now.

Bethany looks serious.

Bethany: They lied to me for years. They were the ones I truly depended on, other than Josef...and now I don’t even have him, because of them. What would you say?

Gael hesitates.

Gael: I’d say that. And then I’d let them go.

Bethany glances upwards.

Bethany: I already have.

She looks at him.

Bethany: I wish I was angrier. Maybe I will be and I won’t have to sit here...but until then, I can’t do what you’re suggesting.

Gael: It might be too late by then.

Bethany: That’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Gael: All right. If you’re sure.

There is a pause. Bethany looks at him.

Bethany: You know, you and Josef are more alike than he would ever admit.

Gael looks curious.

Gael: Really?

She nods.

Bethany: Maybe he woulda told you. If only he wasn’t so goddamn proud.

She smiles sadly and closes her eyes. Gael stays with her in silence.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

The room is fairly subdued, only a few guests are sat around. Marcia and Lucas are sat talking quietly, Marcia’s arm in a sling. Tegan appears and smiles as they see her. The three of them go out of focus as Dominic comes into focus behind the canteen.

Grace appears from the kitchen and sets down more plates on the pile already on the canteen top. Dominic looks as Grace looks at him troubled. Dominic smiles at first but narrows his brow as he sees Grace’s expression.

Grace: Would you really go?

Dominic expression falls as he hears this. He looks awkward. Grace shrugs off her sense of regret at asking this.

Grace: I need to ask you.

Dominic pauses and then slowly nods.

Dominic: Yeah, I would go.

Grace looks uncomfortable.

Dominic: But I’m not-

Grace: But you would. If something like this happens again, I mean something like this will happen again.

She exhales.

Grace: You...you have more than one life sentence against your name, how could you just leave?

Dominic looks serious.

Dominic: Because I’m not gonna be trapped.

Grace shakes her head.

Grace: You’re not always gonna agree with Juliet’s decisions. God knows I don’t. She’s not always gonna change things if you threaten to leave.

Dominic: I’m not asking her to.

Grace moves closer looking worried.

Grace: I’m asking you to not. To not go. To accept that Haven is a step above bearable.

Dominic narrows his brow, looking surprised.

Dominic: You think I haven’t already?

Grace looks frustrated.

Grace: I think you don’t quite realise the kind of people we can get here. People way worse than Valoro, people you can’t change.

Dominic: Yeah, well, as you pointed out just now, I’m one of them.

He looks annoyed and heads back into the kitchen. Grace is left looking taken-a-back by this.

In the foreground Tegan comes into focus, walking away from Marcia and Lucas. As she walks through to the lobby, Erica appears carrying Teya. Riley and Amy walk on either side of her. Erica walks quickly looking flustered. She places Teya down.

Erica: Amy take your brother and sister and sit down. I’ll be right through.

The children walk into the dining area. Tegan watches them and then looks at Erica.

Erica: Are they gone?

Tegan: Uh, not yet-

Erica looks annoyed.

Erica: Then we are. Please do whatever it is you do and let us go.

Tegan: Erica-

Erica: Look I can’t let my family stay here, I should never have brought them here in the first place, it was a mistake to surround them with murderers and-and others, just let me do what I have to.

Tegan glances at Amy for a split-second and then looks at Erica.

Tegan: They’re going today. You still wanna go after that, then I won’t stop you.

She walks round and sits behind the reception desk. Erica stares at her.

Erica: You’re just gonna ignore me!?

Tegan looks at her.

Tegan: I don’t think you survived all this just to walk out of here and die in a few days time. So yes, until I have no other choice, I will ignore you.

Erica looks angry.

Erica: I want to talk to Juliet.

Tegan: She’s busy.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN SURVEILLANCE ROOM

Juliet appears to have just entered. Sam nods his head in the direction of a spare seat.

Sam: You wanna take a seat?

Juliet smiles weakly and closes the door. She then sits down opposite him. There is a pause.

Juliet: Are you ok?

Sam looks serious.

Sam: No. Are you?

Juliet exhales.

Juliet: Barely, I guess.

She looks awkward.

Juliet: Look, Sam, there’s no easy way to really say this-

Sam: Elle can’t stay here. I know that. I ain’t gonna get in the way of her leaving so don’t worry.

He looks uncomfortable. Juliet nods slightly.

Juliet: Who is she Sam?

Sam stares back.

Sam: Does it matter?

Juliet: Maybe not. But I saw you with her. I don’t want you to think that I’m just disregarding how you feel about her-

Sam: Felt. She was someone I left back up there, and I really didn’t wanna look back. One time she and I were pretty close, and one time I was involved with all kinds of crap with her and Valoro and the rest of ‘em. It was a long while back. I was kinda hoping never to see ‘em again. That what you wanted to hear?

Juliet pauses.

Juliet: Now you have seen them...and you don’t have to deal with that up here, on your own.

Sam pauses. He nods slightly in way of thanks. Juliet smiles momentarily.

Juliet: They’re going today.

She gets up and walks out. Sam watches her. He goes back to looking at the surveillance screens.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet appears from the surveillance room door. She walks over to the main corridor, smiling at Tegan as she passes.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Juliet walks in looking tired. However her gaze is re-directed to the wall. The bookcase is pushed ajar revealing the passage to Room 21. Juliet looks completely shocked. She walks over to the shelf and moves the bookshelf aside slightly, making the passageway wider. She stares in disbelief. Suddenly distant gunshots are heard. Juliet turns her head, in further surprise. She rushes out.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN THIRD LOWER-CORRIDOR

The camera moves down the corridor, facing the ground. As it reveals Room 20’s open doorway at the end, a pair of female legs are stood at the entrance.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

The body of Nicole lying on the floor of the room, two bullet holes in her chest. Rick is half-lying on the bed, a bullet hole in his head. Elle is lying against the wall a bullet hole in her stomach. The camera moves up further to show the woman holding the gun. The sound of people running and getting nearer is heard.

Juliet appears, followed by Gael. They stare at the figure with the gun as others start to arrive. Juliet stares in slight horror at what has happened. She looks at the figure.

Bethany slowly lowers the gun, but continues staring at the bodies. Gael stares at the back of her head seriously.

Gael: Bethany...why now?

Bethany continues to stare blankly at the room.

Bethany: I got angry.

sigpic
    Banner set made by Lex
    Haven

Comment

ACT III

CUT TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

“My Heart” by The Perishers begins to play. The camera pans away from the face of a woman in scrubs, her mouth covered. She lowers a scalpel and cuts into the chest of a body lying on an operating table before her.

The lyrics of the song begin as the figure being operated upon is shown to be a man in his 30s lying unconscious, dressed in casual clothing with his shirt ripped open. Both his wrists are chained to the rails of the table. As the woman continues cutting, other figures are seen observing, two dressed in scrubs like the woman, and three other men dressed smartly, watching intently.

‘It’s my heart you’re stealing
      It’s my heart you take
      It’s my heart you’re dealing with
      And it’s my heart you’ll break’

The woman looks over at the men, her eyes not revealing anything. A pair of gloved hands belonging to one of the others wearing scrubs lifts the victim’s heart from his chest. One of the men in suits nods, smiling very slightly at the woman who looks away as their eyes meet.

‘It’s my heart you’re taking
      It’s breaking bit by bit
      It’s my heart you’re dealing with
      But you don’t know about it’

The other two figures on scrubs place the heart into a plastic bag and seal it as the woman walks out. The men in suits watch her go.

CUT TO:

INT. CORRIDOR

The woman walks out and pulls off her mask. It is Elle. She looks troubled as she walks away from what she has just done.

‘If you’d feel like I feel
      And if you’d know what I know
      I don’t think you’d ever play me
      I know you’d never play me’

The music fades out.

FADE TO: WHITE

FADE TO:

INT. HAVEN, ROOM 20

Elle is lying against the wall, a bullet wound near her shoulder. She is still.

Suddenly she gasps and her eyes burst open. She struggles to breathe. Nearby Juliet’s eyes widen and she hurries over. Bethany watches, narrowing her brow and raises the gun, pointing it at Elle once again. Elle looks horrified as she realises, but Devyn also notices and quickly grabs the gun, attempting to prise it from Bethany’s hands. They struggle and the gun goes off, hitting the wall harmlessly. Juliet turns in shock as a ripple of gasps is heard from the crowd outside. Juliet makes eye contact with Devyn as Gael goes to help him take the gun from Bethany. Juliet then looks at Grace outside. Grace acts quickly and slams the door closed leaving Juliet, Gael, Devyn and Bethany in the room with the bodies, and Elle.

CUT TO:

INT. THIRD LOWER CORRIDOR

People run in terror, past Tegan who looks confused as they barge past her. A few remain at the end of the corridor but they too are being urged to leave with Grace and Dominic.

Tegan: Oh God, what now?

Grace looks awkward.

Grace: Bethany decided it was time to use her gun.

Tegan’s eyes widen as she stares at the door several metres away.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Juliet prepares to help Elle up.

Elle: Don’t lift me.

She breathes shakily. Juliet stops and places her hands over Elle’s bullet wound. Elle looks at her.

Elle: Can you see...blood from an exit...wound?

Juliet looks to see but sees nothing. She shakes her head. Elle closes her eyes. The door bursts open and Tegan walks in. She looks taken-a-back by the bodies. The others look at her.

Elle: I am going...to bleed to death. Do you have...ice packs or-or something?

She clenches her teeth, clearly in pain. Juliet looks at Gael who nods and hurries away. Tegan glances at Bethany who stares away. Juliet notices her and looks at Devyn.

Juliet: Can you get her out of here please?

Devyn nods and puts a firm hand on Bethany’s shoulder. She goes without much force. Tegan watches them go and looks back at Juliet and Elle.

Tegan: Shouldn’t we remove the bullet?

Elle shakes her head.

Elle: Unless...any of you have a degree...in medicine...you’ll cause more harm than good.

She screws up her eyes.

Elle: It can...wait...

She looks at her hand which is covered with a steady stream of blood. She puts her head back against the wall, seeing the bodies of her dead friends. She knows that this is not enough.

Gael hurries in with several ice packs and hands them to Juliet who takes them quickly. She places on where her hands were previously. Elle looks in pain but breathes more easily.

Elle: That’s better.

Juliet looks somewhat relieved.

Elle: You know...you might be here a while.

Juliet nods.

Gael: Jules, let me.

Juliet looks at him.

Gael: Things aren’t good upstairs. They need you.

Juliet hesitates and then nods. Gael quickly trades places with her. He cannot look Elle in the eye. Juliet looks weary as she walks away barely registering Tegan as she does. Tegan looks torn as to whether to stay or go.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN THIRD LOWER-CORRIDOR

Juliet walks down for a second and then stops. She tries to compose herself but cannot quite do so. She stares at the ground, and seems empty. Then her eyes come to life once again and she begins to walk more purposefully towards the stairs.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Grace and Dominic are stood with a group of guests, and are trying to calm them down but with minimal success. Marcia and Lucas appear to be trying to help. Erica is shouting at Grace, as Warren argues with Dominic. Juliet watches as if she has never seen any of them before. Erica soon notices that she is standing there.

Erica: Juliet! Please, I’m not asking anything from you here, I-I just want to take my children and go.

Juliet stares at her.

Juliet: I’d like to go too.

Erica looks surprised.

Juliet: I’m tired. And walking out of here into the rain would be wonderful right about now. But I can’t. A woman downstairs is dying, and you...and all of you...

She addresses everyone.

Juliet: Will wait.

Erica looks annoyed but Juliet continues.

Juliet: None of you are in any danger. The people that were are dead, or soon will be. You...you all have to learn that this is all your life now. Things are gonna get worse a lot more often than they will get better. But there will be better if you stay calm and don’t do anything stupid like leave because you’re afraid. Fear will be a lot harder to avoid, up there. Go back to whatever you were doing. Or at least try.

She turns down the main corridor, leaving the rest a little stunned. Grace looks serious and follows.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Juliet is stood staring at the open passageway behind the bookshelf. Grace enters and is about to speak when she notices it and looks perplexed.

Grace: Since when...did we have that?

Juliet continues to stare.

Juliet: I don’t know. But Bethany does.

She turns to Grace.

Juliet: I have to talk to her. Can you and Dominic-

Grace: Yeah, sure. Aren’t you gonna see where that tunnel leads?

Juliet is already walking away.

Juliet: I already know where it leads.

CUT TO:

INT. BETHANY’S ROOM

Bethany is sat staring blankly forwards. Devyn is stood by the door. The door opens and Juliet stands staring at Bethany. She looks at Devyn.

Juliet: Thank you, but I can take it from here.

Devyn: You sure?

Bethany stands.

Bethany: She’s right. You should go. Jules and I need a heart to heart.

Juliet looks seriously at her and nods at Devyn who glances at Bethany before walking out. He closes the door behind him. There is a pause.

Bethany: Is she dead?

Juliet shakes her head.

Juliet: No.

Bethany nods, glancing away. Juliet steps towards her.

Juliet: Bethany...this, was the worst thing you could have done-

Bethany: Worse than what they did?

Juliet: They were gonna go. Today!

Bethany: And what then, Jules? They could come back, with another Response and do this again, and kill some more people who were just trying to fix their lives.

Juliet looks away.

Juliet: You did this for you.

Bethany: Sure, I did. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t do it for you too.

Juliet looks her in the eye.

Bethany: You may not realise, but I kinda know you. You wouldn’t be able to let go of the fact that you sent them out there to die. Somewhere along the lines you said you were done, no more. Am I right?

Juliet doesn’t reply.

Bethany: Well now you don’t have to worry. They’re gone. We can try and rebuild or whatever.

Juliet narrows her brow.

Juliet: You think we can just go back? That it’s that easy?

Bethany: It can be if you decide it is! God, Jules, this place, it shouldn’t work. And sometimes it doesn’t. But the rest of the time, it does, because of you. You know that? You can make it stronger. If I didn’t believe in you I woulda walked out of here as soon as I found Josef was dead.

Juliet looks surprised by what she has just heard.

Bethany: I do believe. I did, what no one else here wanted to do, so I think you should do what you want not whatever it is you feel you should do, cause right now, I don’t think there are many rules left to be broken.

Juliet considers this.

Juliet: What about Mark and Aura? Are you planning on trying to kill them too?

She looks serious. Bethany looks uncomfortable.

Bethany: I know them. I trusted them. They...at least should have a chance.

Juliet looks thoughtful.

Bethany: I imagine I missed the part where you decided what to do with them.

Juliet looks her in the eye.

Juliet: Maybe not.

She prepares to leave and then stops. She turns backs.

Juliet: There’s something else, I almost forgot about. And you need to tell me this.

Bethany looks confused.

CUT TO:

INT. LARGE ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Deirdre is stood with her arms folded as Jackie speaks. Mr Dalen is stood nearby.

Jackie: It was only a matter of time before our technology advanced to this stage; this will be the turning point in our offensive against the threat that Haven poses.

She glances very slightly at Mr Dalen and then smiles at Deirdre. Deirdre nods looking interested.

Deirdre: Show me what you have.

Jackie glances at Leo who is sat nearby. He nods and types something into a computer screen. Jackie looks behind her expectantly as a large plasma screen turns on. A basic map of Belview appears. The screen zooms in several times and shows a flashing yellow dot moving down a street.

Jackie: We were in the process of reactivating the signal of the chip belonging to prisoner 4022 when she escaped.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET

The street is small and few people are seen. Walking down it hurriedly is a hooded figure: Fran.

CUT TO:

INT. LARGE ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Deirdre: Looks like you succeeded.

Jackie nods and smiles slightly.

Jackie: That’s because we did so remotely.

Deirdre raises an eyebrow.

Jackie: That’s not all. Leo.

She inhales looks anticipative. Leo hesitates and then presses a button. The map zooms out a little.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET

Fran slows suddenly looking confused. She clutches her left arm. The camera zooms up as the area suddenly transitions to the map that Jackie is displaying to Deirdre and Mr Dalen.

Mr Dalen: What are we supposed to be looking at Jackie?

Jackie: Wait.

Mr Dalen narrows his brow but watches. Jackie looks at the screen intensely.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET

The camera moves away from Fran; several metres ahead of her walks Greg, also hooded. He grabs his arm as well and looks confused. He looks back at Fran, as her pain appears to subside.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Another yellow dot appears in Greg’s location, flashing like Fran’s. Deirdre looks transfixed, her mouth opening slightly.

CUT TO:

EXT. STREET

The camera zooms away from Fran and Greg and into the window of an upper floor building. Inside is a middle-aged man at his computer. He begins to look confused as he clutches his arm.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Another yellow dot appears where the man was. Then another nearby. Then two more. Jackie smiles and glances at Mr Dalen.

Jackie: As you can see; the chip has been modified to tap into those that have been de-activated by amateurs.

She glances back at the screen. More yellow dots appear as the map zooms out slowly.

CUT TO:

INT. APARTMENT

Jethro, the man who led Aura and Mark to Haven, lies in bed. He opens his eyes with a start, clutching his arm in surprise.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Jackie walks up to where Deirdre and Mr Dalen are watching. Deirdre smiles, surprised, as she stares transfixed.

Deirdre: How were you able to develop this so quickly?

Jackie smiles and glances at Leo.

Jackie: The nature of the conviction chips was only slightly flawed. Leo’s expertise is clearly unmatched. As is my determination.

Mr Dalen stares at the screen, his neutral expression frozen on his face. Jackie watches him.

CUT TO:

Juliet walks out of Bethany’s room and towards the camera.

Jackie VO: Amethyst now has what it needs to find Haven.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM, AMETHYST HQ

Jackie: It’s only a matter of time before-

All the yellow dots on the screen suddenly vanish behind Jackie. Deirdre looks taken-a-back. Jackie turns and her face falls, as all that is left is the map. Empty. She stares, perplexed and then looks at Leo who is similarly shocked by what has happened. Mr Dalen says nothing. Jackie hurries over to Leo.

Jackie: Leo what is this?

Leo: I-I don’t know, this shouldn’t have happened?

Deirdre: What exactly has happened?

Jackie looks at Leo for an explanation. Leo looks horrified.

Leo: There...there must have been some kind of feedback from the signal of the initial chip. It’s deactivated instead of activating all the others.

Jackie’s fear stings her face. Deirdre’s look of concern turns to shock.

Deirdre: You mean...we now have no way of tracking any criminal out there?

Leo looks at her and then glances away, swallowing. Jackie stares down at him.

Jackie: All I needed was for this to not fail.

Deirdre: It appears this more than a failure. I gave you no authorisation for anything that had such a risk attached! I will talk to you in my office within the hour.

She turns and walks away, slamming the door behind her. There is silence as Jackie looks devastated. Mr Dalen glances at her.

Mr Dalen: I’m sorry Jackie. I hope you have better luck...next time, if there is a next time.

He turns away. Jackie stares at him, her anger growing. She quickly follows him.

Jackie: You...you did this...

Mr Dalen stops, his smile fixed, but his brow narrows as he turns back.

Mr Dalen: Excuse me?

Jackie: Leo get out.

She stares at Mr Dalen as she says this. Leo hesitates and then gets up and hurries away. Mr Dalen stares right back at Jackie.

Jackie: I really am a threat to you aren’t I? You couldn’t bear how close I was to-

Mr Dalen: You were too close Jackie. Deirdre was right. You were never given permission to try this.

Jackie smiles, incredulously.

Jackie: Do not pretend that you have some kind of concern for Amethyst. We have nothing, thanks to you. And that’s exactly what you wanted isn’t it?

Mr Dalen: We? I think, very shortly, you will mean they.

Jackie shakes her head.

Jackie: There’s more to this than your excuses about misleading the public. There has to be. I will find out.

Mr Dalen smiles slightly.

Mr Dalen: Good luck.

He walks away. Jackie is left alone, the empty map behind her.

Last edited by Alex; 27-01-09, 09:23 PM.
      sigpic
      Banner set made by Lex
      Haven

Comment

ACT IV

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN, ROOM 20

Elle is lying on the bed looking pained, but stable. The door opens nearby. Sam walks in, followed by Gael. Elle looks glad to see Sam. They share a weak smile. Gael watches and then backs away, closing the door to leave the two of them alone. Sam stays near the door. Elle’s smile fades.

Sam: How...how are you doing?

Elle pauses, inhaling.

Elle: I got a bullet in my shoulder, that...no one here can remove, except me, and I’m wondering how long I can last before I got no other choice but to try. How...are you?

Sam looks serious.

Sam: I could be better too.

Elle nods very slightly, but looks awkward. She closes her eyes, still in pain. Sam walks over.

Elle: You came down here...to see how I was?

Sam sits down on the end of the bed. He considers this.

Sam: I guess I came down to see who you are.

Elle looks unimpressed.

Elle: How much righteousness you plannin’ on onloadin’?

She looks at him.

Elle: I ain’t never...gonna be you.

Sam looks serious.

Sam: Ain’t so much fun being me anyway. So lucky you.

Elle smiles a little, despite herself.

Elle: I don’t know ‘bout that. Didn’t...didn’t we usedta have fun?

Sam smiles too.

Sam: Yeah.

He looks down.

Sam: Was easier when I didn’t care.

Elle looks at him.

Elle: An’ now? You care?

Sam looks at her and nods. Elle looks upset as she looks away.

Elle: Nicole and Rick are dead. Everyone is dead. I...might as well be.

She clenches her teeth in pain. Sam looks at her seriously.

Sam: Juliet obviously thought you were worth saving.

Elle looks unimpressed.

Elle: I get this bullet out, and actually recover...and if someone doesn’t try and shoot me again...I’ll just be the last one remaining who came in here and ruined everything for y’all. A problem that your Juliet is gonna want rid of as soon as I can walk. Don’t try and make me feel like I could even think’ve belongin’ here Sam. Like I said; I ain’t you.

There is silence as Sam takes this in, but he stays.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN KITCHEN

Grace and Dominic are sat at the kitchen table.

Grace: You think we’ll get used to it? Death every couple of days?

Dominic: I hope not.

They look at one another. There is an awkward pause.

Grace: Listen-

Dominic: Grace-

They speak simultaneously and smile slightly. Grace exhales.

Grace: I think what really bothers me...is that I have no control over whether you stay or go.

She looks at him again.

Grace: That one day I’ll wake up, and you’ll be gone. And I will be back where I was.

Dominic: If we were any normal couple...we could stay or go anytime.

Grace: I know. So I guess I worry...that I wasn’t what you were planning on. And now I’m in your way.

Dominic frowns, shaking his head.

Dominic: You’re not, Grace; listen, one day...I will go, and I don’t know when that’s gonna be, but when I do...it doesn’t mean you just have to be what you were. This shouldn’t be forever for anyone. Don’t...don’t you ever think about taking a chance, up there?

Grace smiles sadly.

Grace: I think all my chances were taken.

Dominic looks serious.

Dominic: You don’t miss the freedom?

Grace looks sympathetic.

Grace: You begin to forget.

Dominic looks troubled.

Dominic: I pray to God I never do.

Grace considers this.

Grace: Not everything.

Dominic looks curious. Grace stands and holds out her hand. Dominic takes it and she helps him up, smiling.

CUT TO:

Tegan and Juliet stand together. Tegan looks awkward.

Tegan: They know.

Juliet nods slowly and smiles slightly.

Juliet: Thanks.

Tegan ****s her head slightly, acknowledging this.

Tegan: You want me to go in there with you?

Juliet looks thankful but shakes her head.

Juliet: No I need to tell them alone. You should go rest, been another long day.

Tegan: Wasn’t aware short ones still existed for us.

She smiles and walks away. Juliet’s smile fades as she hesitates and then opens the door.

CUT TO:

INT. MARK’S ROOM

Mark is sat on his bed. Aura is leaning against the far wall, her arms crossed. She regards Juliet with a glare as she enters. Mark stares at the floor. Juliet breathes deeply.

Aura: You here to kill us too?

Juliet looks angry.

Juliet: You are not going to die.

Aura says nothing. Juliet looks from her to Mark.

Juliet: You’re gonna live, if you want to. Right here.

Mark looks up. Aura looks surprised.

Juliet: The fact is, we are running low on people here. And I know you can do the job. So, here’s what’ll happen: you will work down here full time. You won’t go upstairs for any reason, unless I say.

Mark looks serious.

Mark: No one wants us here. How are we gonna work with people that hate us-

Juliet: You’ll find a way. You can’t just walk away from what you’ve done. You have to live with it.

Aura looks unimpressed.

Aura: Seems to me we’d be better off out there.

Juliet: Then go. I’m not gonna stop you. But don’t think about ever coming back.

There is a pause.

Juliet: You’ve heard my offer. You wanna take it, let me know.

She turns and is about to walk out.

Mark: We got nothing else. You know that.

Juliet stops and turns to him.

Juliet: No. You have the knowledge that your families are alive. That it was all worth it, for them.

She looks from him to Aura and then walks out. The pair are left to contemplate their fate and their future.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Gael is sat talking to Erica. Behind them Marcia and Lucas are sat with Tegan. She looks up as she sees Royce walk in from the lobby. Tegan smiles at the others and then stands up and walks over to him.

Tegan: Hey. I need to talk to you.

Royce looks at her seriously.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S OFFICE

Tegan and Royce stare at the open tunnel where they were hidden only a day earlier.

Tegan: You have to tell them. Especially Juliet.

Tegan looks at him. Royce does not look back.

Royce: It’s not my decision to make.

He glances at her.

Tegan: She’s gonna need an explanation.

Royce: She has no reason to ask for one from us.

Tegan: Not yet, maybe, but...Royce you can’t keep this hidden much longer. I’m not gonna keep a secret this important for no reason.

Royce looks at her.

Royce: Liliana did not want Juliet to find out for a reason. Maybe it is time for that to happen. But I can’t make that choice and neither should you. Trust in what I am telling you, Tegan.

Tegan looks troubled, walking away. Royce is left alone, but then he too follows.

EXT. AMETHYST HQ – EVENING

CUT TO:

INT. JACKIE’S OFFICE

Jackie is sat behind her desk, clearing out a drawer, her face stained with tears. There is a knock at the door. Jackie looks over but says nothing. After a few seconds the knocking sounds again.

Jackie: Come in!

She speaks angrily. The door opens and Leo walks in. Jackie smiles extremely weakly. Leo looks agitated.

Leo: Jackie I need to talk to you.

Jackie looks bitter.

Jackie: I appreciate it Leo but there’s nothing left to be said-

Leo: No, there is.

Jackie looks confused. Leo smiles looking excited.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM

Leo, followed by Jackie return to the room where they presented the radar experiment to Deirdre and Mr Dalen. Leo walks over to a laptop and starts typing while standing.

Leo: There-there was data from the radar test. Mr Dalen deleted whatever was on the system.

Jackie looks confused.

Jackie: And therefore we have nothing.

Leo: No. We have my own records, which he didn’t get a hold of because I am a genius...

He continues typing looking pleased with himself. Jackie looks more interested and walks over to him, looking at the screen.

Leo: The locations of the chips that were reactivated just before the shutdown are still on here.

Jackie frowns.

Jackie: That was hours ago. Maybe some of them will still be in the same area, but the majority could be anywhere right now.

Leo: You’re right. They could be anywhere. But most...

Leo clicks and then sits back looking content. Jackie leans in, her lips parting as she stares.

Leo: Are here.

The map screen on the laptop shows a collection of yellow dots in one place, flashing. A sharp piano key plays every few seconds. A smile begins to emerge on Jackie’s lips.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL – NIGHT

CUT TO:

INT. DEVYN’S ROOM

Devyn opens the door. Juliet is stood outside. She smiles.

Juliet: Hey.

Devyn looks pleasantly surprised to see her.

Devyn: Hey!

CUT TO:

INT. DEVYN’S ROOM – SOME TIME LATER

Juliet and Devyn both lie on his bed staring at the ceiling. Juliet looks serious.

Juliet: It must be Royce. He must’ve been the one that knew.

Devyn turns his head to look at her.

Devyn: How could he have known there was a tunnel leading to the third lower-corridor...if you didn’t?

Juliet shrugs, still staring up.

Juliet: Before it was refurbished it was a long time since it was used. He was here before I was. Maybe there was a time, like yesterday, when it was needed.

Devyn nods, looking at the ceiling too.

Devyn: Are you gonna confront him about it?

Juliet sighs.

Juliet: Not tonight. I don’t have the strength for yet another heated conversation today.

Devyn glances at her. Juliet closes her eyes.

Juliet: Thanks for letting me talk to you about this.

Devyn: S’ok. It’s important.

Juliet opens her eyes and turns to look at him.

Juliet: How’s this job turning out for you? Not regretting it?

Devyn smiles and shakes his head.

Devyn: No. Not at all.

Juliet nods.

Juliet: Gotta say I’m surprised.

She glances down at the duvet.

Juliet: This...all this is barely being held together. It’s never been this bad. If so much keeps happening, if Amethyst suddenly re-emerge...I don’t know how I can keep doing this.

Devyn looks serious.

Devyn: What about what Liliana said-

Juliet: She says a lot. Even if what she’s saying is true, about this big idea she has, it could be a long time before anything happens.

Devyn considers this.

Devyn: Well...we’ll deal. You don’t have to handle every catastrophe like it’s assigned to you.

Juliet looks him in the eye. She smiles wearily.

Juliet: Is this another way of saying what you said to me when you first arrived? That I should “let go of the control”? Cause you know how dead we would be if I did that.

Devyn smiles back.

Devyn: I’d like to think...my hands are capable of holding on...for you.

Devyn places his hand lightly on Juliet’s arm. Juliet looks at his hand and then into his eyes once more. ”The Beginning After the End” by Stars begins to play. Juliet and Devyn stare at one another. As the music grows louder Devyn’s hand moves up Juliet’s arm to her shoulder. Juliet moves her face closer to his. Devyn does the same as Juliet moves her hand to his arm, her fingers slipping through the gap in his shirt-sleeve. Their lips meet as they kiss for a moment. Devyn clutches the back of Juliet’s hair, as their embrace intensifies.

CUT TO:

EXT. SUMMERTIME GENERAL, ROOF

Grace and Dominic sit on the roof, hidden by the surrounding rooftops. They stare up at the stars, content. Dominic clutches Grace’s hand.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Erica says something to Riley as he sits down at the table. She looks over to see Gael and Amy talking. Amy smiles as Gael says something amusing. Erica finds herself pleasantly surprised as she sees her daughter happy.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN DINING AREA

Tegan is sat with Marcia and Lucas talking. Marcia appears to be reassuring Tegan, who nods as she hears what Marcia is saying.

CUT TO:

INT. HAVEN LOBBY

Bethany walks out into the lobby. As she does so she sees Warren walking up from the lower corridors. His eyes are red from tears. He stares at her as he sees her. Bethany smiles sympathetically at him. Warren smiles back for a moment.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM 20

Elle looks in pain as Sam presses a damp cloth against her bullet wound. She does not smile but neither does she resist his help. He looks at her, knowing that deep down she needs him. Next to them on the counter lies the bullet, fully removed and ready to be discarded.

INT. MARK’S ROOM

Mark lies on his bed staring at the ceiling. He glances over at the wall next to him. Overhead, the camera moves across to reveal Aura sat on her own bed. She looks at her bedside table. On it is a picture of her and her family: her mother, father and younger sisters. She strokes the photo fondly before laying back down.

CUT TO:

INT. ROYCE’S ROOM

Royce sits in his room, his mind clearly fixed on something as he stares into space.

‘Oh the blood and the treasure,
        And then losing it all,
        The time that we wasted,
        And the place where we fall.’

The camera moves closers as the music begins to fade out leaving just the spoken words at the end of the song.

‘Will we wake in the morning
        And know what it was all for?
        Up in our bedroom
        After the war.’

THE END
        sigpic
        Banner set made by Lex
        Haven

Comment

Working...