Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Feedback for Obsessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for Obsessed

Post feedback for Obsessed's fics in here

Just caught up with the end of Rain so far...

I must say that I'm impressed by the concept of this fic. It stands to reason that once there are a lot of Slayers out there, some of them may be other things as well, and I like to see girls from all kinds of backgrounds.

At the same time....It seems as if we've encountered an awful lot of Slayers who come from ugly roots. Broken homes, abusive parents, major deaths in the family...I've begun to crave the idea of a Slayer whose life was good, or even great, before her calling. There's plenty of room for angst, still--it's hard to scarper off to Yale when you're busy fighting demons in your home town. Except maybe if you're from Boston, anyway. Anyway, clearly I'm not going to get that from Rain, so I may as well enjoy it for what it is.

There are a lot of unplumbed mysteries to be explored in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing them unfold.
    DeadWar: Burden of Proof
    Out Now.
    Feedback is always welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabus View Post
      Just caught up with the end of Rain so far...

I must say that I'm impressed by the concept of this fic. It stands to reason that once there are a lot of Slayers out there, some of them may be other things as well, and I like to see girls from all kinds of backgrounds.

At the same time....It seems as if we've encountered an awful lot of Slayers who come from ugly roots. Broken homes, abusive parents, major deaths in the family...I've begun to crave the idea of a Slayer whose life was good, or even great, before her calling. There's plenty of room for angst, still--it's hard to scarper off to Yale when you're busy fighting demons in your home town. Except maybe if you're from Boston, anyway. Anyway, clearly I'm not going to get that from Rain, so I may as well enjoy it for what it is.

There are a lot of unplumbed mysteries to be explored in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing them unfold.
      I wasn't aware there were a lot of slayers written angst, from broken homes, etc (other than Faith) til a few weeks ago. I think it was you actually that mentioned it. Really- the idea of of Rain came from a college type VS with different slayers/personalities. Odelia and I end up liking Rain- we were drawn to the idea of balancing two powers. And it just went on from there. Yet I am pleased you're impressed with Rain and I certainly value your thoughts, especially when those thoughts are from talented VS writer.

As I told you before- the idea of a slayer with a decent background certainly has some interest and its something I'd like to explore myself or at least read about. Again, thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.
      Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessed View Post
        I wasn't aware there were a lot of slayers written angst, from broken homes, etc (other than Faith) til a few weeks ago. I think it was you actually that mentioned it. Really- the idea of of Rain came from a college type VS with different slayers/personalities. Odelia and I end up liking Rain- we were drawn to the idea of balancing two powers. And it just went on from there. Yet I am pleased you're impressed with Rain and I certainly value your thoughts, especially when those thoughts are from talented VS writer.

As I told you before- the idea of a slayer with a decent background certainly has some interest and its something I'd like to explore myself or at least read about. Again, thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.
        Well...we start off with Buffy, who clearly has father issues (Joss' main theme, it sometimes seems like) and whose mother dies in the course of the series, leaving her to take care of her sister alone. Then there's Kendra, who was given to the Council to raise from a very young age--I'm sure it was an honor, but it clearly left its marks. And of course, Faith. In addition, it seems as if any original Slayer I've ever read about comes from a background something like that, although I'm sure I've only read a tiny fraction of the fic available.

I believe the very first original Slayer I came up with was Saghani, from the still-unfinished "Demon Ride". Saghani doesn't know she's a Slayer, but she's on good terms with her family and they are very proud of her ascension to high rank in the Mongol hordes that are busy overrunning Europe.
        Last edited by Mabus; 26-07-07, 03:41 AM.
        Out Now.

Comment

Hey Beth,
          I left you feedback back at Buffyworld about episode one. But I just wanted you to know that I really liked the episode. It was very different and I like the way you used the character. Also the whole thing with Rains's mother being a drunk who takes her boy friend side then her childs. I also thought Rain is a very good character and I loved how it was written. I Say 2 thumbs up
          Good job
          -Kevin
          East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

OMG I LOVE THIS EPISODE.

I love how u developed ur character Rain from the rest of the other slayers that have come around. It is very unique and i like it.

I love the part where Rain talks about her having three bosses. I find that funny. Will she ever meet Rupert Giles?

The next part I liked the most in this episode is the way u have Nick and Rain interact with each other. I wonder is there anything that is going to sprout from that

I also love the reference Rain made to Buffy and how she can do things better than Buffy. Will Rain ever meet her?

Oh and the ending made me have goosebumps I want to know who her husband is and why he affects her like this

All in all. I like it and give this episode a 10

Comment

Glad you liked Back to School episode. Yes, Rain and Nick interacted with each other more this time. Will something sprout? Mmm?? Maybe... maybe not.

I can tell you that Rain will in fact meet Giles and Buffy, even Willow in a special episode in the near future.

I agree Madeline's husband is uber-creepy. Thanks to Odelia, she created him!

The following episode is mostly written and should be released soon. *cross fingers* Thanks for posting feedback and the rating scores!

Comment

I just read Rain 1.01 "Happy Birthday, Rain" and I am pleased to say that I really, really liked it!

Just to get this out of the way, I loved the little obscure references, like "Shadow Stalker", Officer Kold, Doublemeat Palace, etc. Those were really great!

On a more serious note, I feel the best thing you did with this pilot was setting up a great theme: the social classes. In every show that has them, they create a great storyline. I'm thinking of Veronica Mars. You effectively described Rain's house in direct contrast, to say Bella's house or Michael's restaurant. And Bella's parents are obviously huge bitches, but Jake is also creepy and a jerk, as well. They are both bad people, IMO, but both in a different way. And I love that Bella and Rain stay friends, and don't just take the stereotypes. It's almost like Romeo & Juliet, with only girls, and not...ya know, sexual

I love Rain's character the most. I really do. She made some character progress in just the first episode! She has an attitude, but she really doesn't deserve the treatment she gets at school. She's closing everyone off, including her best friend, Bella. And I liked all her small conversations with Michael. At first, she tried to get him off her back, but she slowly opened up and became more friendly. Of course, she isn't friendly yet, but definitely more friendly. I like the rest of the characters. The Principal, with his sci-fi posters, Bella, Michael. However, I don't really like Madeline yet. I mean, she was in one scene, but so far I don't like her. She seems like S3 Wesley. Hope she is different than that

Also, you did a great job at sending out twists. I was shocked when Rain was so quickly suspended from school. I mean, I could tell from the first scene that she must not be well liked by teachers, but I didn't expect that. And, secondly, Connie dying! It was a quick thing that shocked me so much! And the police officer who called and said it's taken care of? This is a great seasonal mystery. It is a seasonal mystery, right?

BTW, what does CU/ECU, etc. mean? Is it like a close up shot?

So, overall, a really fantastic pilot. A mystery was set up, a great theme was introduced, the characters were introduced perfectly, and we really got to know Rain. Awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                  I just read Rain 1.01 "Happy Birthday, Rain" and I am pleased to say that I really, really liked it!

Just to get this out of the way, I loved the little obscure references, like "Shadow Stalker", Officer Kold, Doublemeat Palace, etc. Those were really great!

On a more serious note, I feel the best thing you did with this pilot was setting up a great theme: the social classes. In every show that has them, they create a great storyline. I'm thinking of Veronica Mars. You effectively described Rain's house in direct contrast, to say Bella's house or Michael's restaurant. And Bella's parents are obviously huge bitches, but Jake is also creepy and a jerk, as well. They are both bad people, IMO, but both in a different way. And I love that Bella and Rain stay friends, and don't just take the stereotypes. It's almost like Romeo & Juliet, with only girls, and not...ya know, sexual

I love Rain's character the most. I really do. She made some character progress in just the first episode! She has an attitude, but she really doesn't deserve the treatment she gets at school. She's closing everyone off, including her best friend, Bella. And I liked all her small conversations with Michael. At first, she tried to get him off her back, but she slowly opened up and became more friendly. Of course, she isn't friendly yet, but definitely more friendly. I like the rest of the characters. The Principal, with his sci-fi posters, Bella, Michael. However, I don't really like Madeline yet. I mean, she was in one scene, but so far I don't like her. She seems like S3 Wesley. Hope she is different than that

Also, you did a great job at sending out twists. I was shocked when Rain was so quickly suspended from school. I mean, I could tell from the first scene that she must not be well liked by teachers, but I didn't expect that. And, secondly, Connie dying! It was a quick thing that shocked me so much! And the police officer who called and said it's taken care of? This is a great seasonal mystery. It is a seasonal mystery, right?

BTW, what does CU/ECU, etc. mean? Is it like a close up shot?

So, overall, a really fantastic pilot. A mystery was set up, a great theme was introduced, the characters were introduced perfectly, and we really got to know Rain. Awesome job!
                  I am so pleased you liked the pilot! As for those references- that was the new, excited fanfic writer in me. I've kind stopped doing that because its hard to keep track of everyone and everything. But yeah, its all in good fun.

I worked really hard to show the contrast between Rain and Bella's lives- poor/rich. I am really glad you caught that head on. I also wanted to break the sterotypes of rich girls not hanging out with poor girls. That's what I like about Bella- even though this is the only world she's ever known, she's not impressed by it- at least not in some aspects. Sure she likes getting some designer clothes and a credit card, who doesn't but she doesn't let these objects define her like her parents might.

I am appreciate you get Rain thus far. You seem to understand her dynamic and the world she's in as well as the relationships around her. As for Madeline- I agree she's S3 Wesley but not as nerdy or awkward. She knows how to fight and can her hold her own but she's still naive and isn't good at forming relationships, especially young adults. Another thing, she's not as by the book even though she tries to be.

Rain being suspended was done quickly because of a zero policy at the school. No I am kidding. The purpose was so that Rain would be on her own in future episodes. You'll see.

And Connie dying- yeah such a mystery, isn't it. You'll just have to tune in to find out if its a seasonal one.

CU and ECU closes up shots... I think extreme close-up? Odelia added that. So you'll have to ask her that.

Well that's that. Thanks for the feedback. I loved reading your thoughts!

Comment

I'm finding all kinds of Bellas lately for some reason. It's odd...

Poor Bella. I suppose I shouldn't feel sorry for her--the things she did put Amy's antics (pre-comics, anyway) to shame. But she so obviously did it out of loneliness.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reread the whole series before I completely understand--it's been too long since I read last, and I've forgotten who everyone is. But it still has punch.
                    Out Now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabus View Post
                      I'm finding all kinds of Bellas lately for some reason. It's odd...

Poor Bella. I suppose I shouldn't feel sorry for her--the things she did put Amy's antics (pre-comics, anyway) to shame. But she so obviously did it out of loneliness.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reread the whole series before I completely understand--it's been too long since I read last, and I've forgotten who everyone is. But it still has punch.
                      Just remember- my fanfic came out first before Twilight. So I own the name Bella.

Glad you enjoyed the read! It took me a sec to figure out who meant when you said Amy. *smacks head* Yeah, I agree- different motivations right there.

Comment

WOW. Episode 6 amazing.

Teaser: I thought the teaser was very good. It was nice to give a flashback on who the man was. And the part at the end when she called Giles was really good as well.

Act 1: Hmmm.....The first act was good. I mean it was good how u showed the episode from the gangs point of views. Also another flash back was a good way to help the story progress. Good job. I liked the interaction between Nick, Bella, and Rain. It shows great development of the characters. The fightscene between Rain and Rowe was cool. And the ending of the act was really good as well

I especially loved how u had Giles in this episode. Hopefully I see more of him. And here is a question: When is Bella and Nick going to go patrolling with Rain? And when will we find out who Michael's contacts are?

Oh and I especially loved the Sunnydale joke and how obliviious Nick is to the demon world.

All in all this was a good episode

Comment

Hiya all - I thought it was about time I poked my head in and said hello. I'm so pleased that you're enjoying the story so far - Obsessed has put an amazing amount of time and energy into building the Rain'verse, so all kudos to her.

I wish that I had the time to be working on RAIN 'full time', so to speak, but my job is so crazy these days and my internet access a bit limited...gah...but Beth has kindly let me go part time - I do a bit of the editing for the series still, just to keep my finger in the RAIN puddle (sorry, bad pun, lol)!

Blasterboy - yes, CU & ECU mean, 'close up' and 'extreme close up' - after the episode you refer to, they've not been used again (I'm pretty sure?).

Anyway, thanks again for all your feedback! Will pop back in here soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

kjhurd15-

Glad you enjoyed Acid Test. Odelia actually wrote that fight scene between Rain/Rowe. So kudos to her. Yes you will see Giles again in a two parter.

Not sure when but yeah Bella, Nick and Rain will patrol sometime in the future. As for when Michael's contacts will be revealed- that remains to be seen. It could be a while.

Pleased like you like the Sunnydale joke. Gotta throw in Buffy connections everyone once in a while, eh. As for Nick- yeah he's a dork when it comes to the supernatural world. That's what makes me like him more.

Odelia dear- thank you for your lovely comments. Regardless that you're working part-time, I am glad you're back on board.

Comment

Episode 7 or Rain is something i was waiting for .
                              And i enjoyed every second of it.

I love how you started the episode with Rain out going through a magic store. I really thought it was a good idea to have her start there. And i love how she gets a spellbook and tries to figure things out.

Okay the spell that she reads that gives the gang her powers was really ingenious. Although can u explain to me why you gave the gang each power?

I also liked how u had a montage for Rain's normal girl day. It was cute and funny. The vampire attack in the salon was necessary. At least this proves she can handle herself. Although the mugging was really sad. I felt bad. Will we see those two boys again?

I also loved in this episode the fight with Paris and those vampires and how the gang had to help her. At least this proves they are family. I also love the "Scooby" reference when they were coming up with names. BTW what is Rain's inner circle's name? And will they meet the Scooby gang at all?

I also want to know if the big bad of the season is what Michael and Jackie were about?
                              And what is going on with Bella's dad? Is he hiding something?
                              Also who was that figure who was burning those pics of the restaurant.
                              And who was the figure who was visiting the group who brought back Rain's powers?
                              And will Nick and Bella learn how to fight?

All in all I love this episode 11 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                              X