Feedback for Dorian's Kitten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    A solid conclusion to a very good, very well-voiced bit of fiction. Willow kinda stole this chapter with the bit about biting and drinking. You found an interesting solution to Spike's superpowerless ennui, and even had phlebotenum for it rather than just pure fiat. Personally, given my own preferences, I was disappointed that you passed on the opportunity to establish that Spike as a normal guy would have been enough for both of them, but that's about the only complaint I have.

I did sort of keep waiting for either a huge internal dilemma for Buffy about the claim, something "I Will Remember You"-ish in scale, or for something to try to block it, but I know that's not the story you were trying to tell.

"Prior Claims" is probably the best Spuffy fic I've read.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
      Spoiler:
      A solid conclusion to a very good, very well-voiced bit of fiction. Willow kinda stole this chapter with the bit about biting and drinking. You found an interesting solution to Spike's superpowerless ennui, and even had phlebotenum for it rather than just pure fiat. Personally, given my own preferences, I was disappointed that you passed on the opportunity to establish that Spike as a normal guy would have been enough for both of them, but that's about the only complaint I have.

I did sort of keep waiting for either a huge internal dilemma for Buffy about the claim, something "I Will Remember You"-ish in scale, or for something to try to block it, but I know that's not the story you were trying to tell.

"Prior Claims" is probably the best Spuffy fic I've read.
      Thank you Dan. I'm still a bit surprised you read past my warning that it would be a Spuffy romance. Thanks for appreciating the phlebotenum -I did have Xander and Dawn deliver just because you were missing them (and I let Xander be all gentlmenly)-I know it was wordy but if I delivered it a little bit at a time I think I would have given away too much.

As far as your bigger concern:
      Spoiler:
      I did have them make the choice not knowing. So Buffy said it didn't matter to her-he was enough. I just thought he would be happier this way and I thought there was a sort of logic to it. Also of course I just thought that I needed to mess with canon in a truly spectacular way. And really Spike as a slayer would freak out Joss!
      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Well DK I know you have waited for my long? Hmm... Windy? Hmmm.... Tedious? Mind-numbing? Yeah - mind-numbing - critique of Prior Claims, however I am going to have to disappoint you.

Instead I'll just say - I liked your Spuffy story!!! It was GOOOOOOOD! Write another one!!!!

Spoiler:
        Seriously - really liked the "prior claim" that Buffy had over Spike's soul. That was original and intriguing to me. And I was so excited you made Spike a Slayer!!!! Please tell Joss!!

You still have the best "voice of Spike" evah!
        -TP<3
        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Just read "Start of Something"... If only... *sigh* it happens that way...

Loved your take on that scene and conversation. It was perfect! Sweet, lots of wanting and awkwardness that is Spuffy...

Please write another!! And another! And another!!!!
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Working...
          X