Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for kungfubear

Post feedback for kungfubear in here

These are the current works I have posted so far. Any and all forms of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

-kungfubear

Dawn: The Series 1x01 "First Light" Back at the original BWF, Skinless approached me about doing a spin-off series. After much brainstorming, we agreed upon focusing on Dawn going to college in Chicago.
    Dawn: The Series 1x02 "Orientation" This is essentially the continuation of the pilot episode, but I decided to split it in two as that would most likely be the case on network television.
    Dawn: The Series 1x03 "Mind Fields" The season four finale of Buffy, "Restless" is probably my favorite episode of the entire series. Obviously, I was very much in that frame of mind when writing this.
    Dawn: The Series 1x04 "Burn" Fair warning, some of the subject matter here may fit better with the Angel series, but I made sure to inject lots of funny, in an attempt to balance things out. I'm rather proud of this one.
    Dawn: The Series 1x05 "Dreams Of A Dead Man" Starting in July 1st of '08, I didn't finish this one until December 31st. I worked on it off and on for six whole months. It's the first story that doesn't contain any of Joss Whedon's original characters! It was a lot of fun and hard work to try this one out. It's currently my favorite.
    Last edited by kungfubear; 31-12-08, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Okay, I'm first cab off the rank! I'm loving this series. I'm usually much more of a ficlet kinda gal, but there's something about this series that is drawing me in- and we haven't even seen Faith yet (just FYI, I'm a Fawn shipper... ) but I guess we mightn't...!
      I'm only half way through number four, but so far it's awesome- so good I couldn't make it all the way through before feedbacking! Three I loved too- dream sequences are hard, but you pulled it off! And the first two- well, pilots can be dull since there's so much scene setting, but... pretty awesome also.
      I'm a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
        Okay, I'm first cab off the rank! I'm loving this series. I'm usually much more of a ficlet kinda gal, but there's something about this series that is drawing me in- and we haven't even seen Faith yet (just FYI, I'm a Fawn shipper... ) but I guess we mightn't...!
        I'm only half way through number four, but so far it's awesome- so good I couldn't make it all the way through before feedbacking! Three I loved too- dream sequences are hard, but you pulled it off! And the first two- well, pilots can be dull since there's so much scene setting, but... pretty awesome also.
        I'm a fan!
        Veverka,

Thanks so much for the very kind words! I would imagine, if this series can manage to keep you invested even though you generally don't follow long-running works, then I guess I must be doing something really right here. Sorry to say, at this time, there are no plans to bring Faith into the picture. I'm enough of a Faith fan, I'd much rather write a separate series for her to headline. When you use the term "Fawn shipper", do you mean to say the idea of Dawn and Faith being "friendly" together? Now there's something that never managed to ever cross my mind before. Seriously, it never occurred to my squishy brain even once.

I'm really curious to read what you have to say about episode four once you've finished reading it, for obvious reasons. I hope I'm doing Joss Whedon's characters justice. I try very hard to get those voices down as best I can, which is usually what consumes most of my time when writing an episode.

Episode three was fun to write, but also very challenging in that it's very stream of consciousness writing. I'm never sure where it's going to go, and it's very easy to just go off on tangents. Thankfully, I am a very visually-oriented person. My dreams often play out like movie trailers, with little to no dialog, which helped a lot for the episode. I wanted it to be fragmented like a dream, but not disjointed. It's a subtle difference, but important.

Thanks again. Hope you enjoy the rest of episode four.
        -kungfubear

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! They were good! Are you going to continue? I would love to read them. I can so see that as a flick too!! The frat vamps remind me of my college days. My heart raced when Dawn was injected as she danced, that was good. Tug killed me in that one! What a hoot! I can see that guy that was on Home Improvements ( the oldes blond son) playing that part. The dream from the fever was real good and the ending............the dad worked for Wolfram and Hart.......too good! Only one thing. Blue Bell!!! might have to explain to Northern folk it is the best ice cream around!!!! Just kidding. I really thought they were good!
          suziqb77

Comment

Working...
          X