Scars by JamesMFan starting 13th March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scars by JamesMFan starting 13th March 2020

We will be discussing Scars by JamesMFan next. I have found it only on The Spuffy Realm. If you have other links, please post them here. the discussion will officially start on Friday 13th March 2020 but if you would like to comment on the fic as you are reading through it you are always welcome to do so by putting your comments under spoiler brackets.

I don't know much about this fic except that the author has called it a dark fic.

http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyReal....php?sid=12446

Dear JamesMFan, if you have found your way to this thread, please be so kind as to read this:

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...re-you-proceed

before you proceed. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel welcome to join in the discussion. We would be delighted and honored.

flow
    Last edited by flow; 28-02-20, 09:12 PM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

I have read this story before and I think I enjoyed it. I can't quite remember the ending, so looking forward to reading it again

Comment

I read this before too and it is the ending I remember the most about. I'm hoping to read it in time and with two weeks I might just manage it!

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no, what have I forgotten, something silly, something great or something terrible? I might have to read the end first to check :-)

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it is one of those things you'd reduce if you didn't get there chronologically. But then I'd always say that.

I can't believe this group is reading scars. I've just finished it and I'm pretty sure there is a number of things guaranteed to annoy just about everyone. I'm the easiest to please by far and I wish I had not read it lol.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
        I can't believe this group is reading scars. I've just finished it and I'm pretty sure there is a number of things guaranteed to annoy just about everyone. I'm the easiest to please by far and I wish I had not read it lol.
        Looking forward to this even more now. I thought I'd read it, but maybe i gave up when it got too annoying

Comment

Get ready to be traumatized Priceless

Comment

• flow
            flow commented
            Editing a comment
            That bad? I am about halfway through and so far I am okay.

Get ready to be traumatized Priceless
          Stop it GoSpuffy, you're scaring me

Comment

I've read it before so I know what's coming and I still want to reread it. Not sure where/when I'm going to find the time mind you.

Comment

Yeah - I thought I'd read it so I checked the end to see if it was the one I was thinking of - it was. I'm surprised you have read it before Priceless
              sigpic

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I have read it, and I think I liked it because I am sure I started searching for more by JamesMFan . . . but I can't remember it, so I might be hallucinating lol

I finished reading this a week ago. The ending absolutely devastated me, I haven't read something so depressing in a long time.

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh no :-( I started it this morning, but only got a couple of chapters in

• redtent
                redtent commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't mean to scare you off to stop reading. It's a very intense story, and it's a fast read, I'm sure you'll read it in no time.

• Double Dutchess
                Double Dutchess commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm reading too; mentally preparing for a devastating ending. Thanks for the warning!

Keep reading Pricey, it's only fair you join us in trying to rub the final images from our brains.

Comment

Keep reading Pricey, it's only fair you join us in trying to rub the final images from our brains.
                Buffy's just escaped through a sewer full of shit and the author has annoyed me by commenting 'who among us hasn't wanted to cover Buffy with shit at one time or another'

Comment

Priceless Honestly mate...I'm really not sure I want you to finish it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Priceless
                    Priceless commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm sure it'll be fine lol

Ooh, I hope to participate in this one!

flow, do you think it would be appropriate to also discuss the various dates of the fics if we know when they were written?

JamesMFan was writing after the airing of the actual show but almost a decade ago from today. I think it would be interesting in another thread (or this one) to discuss the development of Spuffy fan fiction and how the characterizations of Spike and Buffy perhaps changed due to whatever was happening in the culture at the time - and also the development of the Whedon comics.

Comment

• Priceless
                    Priceless commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a great idea American Aurora. I think there are such obvious differences between writers today and those of 20 + years ago

I would love to see your thoughts on Scars, American Aurora!

Discussing the changes in Spuffy fanfiction through the decades is something I have been wanting to do for quite some time now. It is a shame that we often don't know when fics have been written. For example, after Elysian Fields went online older fics were archived there too but only show the date they were uploaded on EF. Since other archives where they have been published originally are gone now there is no chance telling when they have actually been written. I assume that Scars has actually been written from 2005 on because it was published bit by bit on The Spuffy Realm and finally finished in 2006. That's still closer to the ending of the show than to our current time and I definitely think the writing of the characters as well of the popularity of certain tropes has changed a lot since then.

I am game for discussing this in a separate thread.

flow
                  ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Working...
                  X