Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost In Time by seductiveembrace starting 15th Novemver 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost In Time by seductiveembrace starting 15th Novemver 2019

    The next fic will be pretty lengthy with 170k words. Therefore I am planning three weeks for reading before we start the discussion. Hopefully, everyone can manage to join in.

    Lost in Time by seductivembrace

    Please note that the writer also uses the aliases kat and spikeskat. You might know this story from a different archive under one of her other pseudonyms.

    Summary: Set during Halloween. Buffy and the gang “turn into” their Halloween costumes. But, before Giles can break the spell, Ethan does something that has a profound effect on Buffy... and Spike is along for the ride.

    https://archiveofourown.org/works/10...apters/2153860

    Dear seductiveembrace, if you have found your way to this thread, please be so kind as to read this:

    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...re-you-proceed!

    before you proceed. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel welcome to join in the discussion. We would be delighted and honored.


    flow
    Last edited by flow; 25-10-19, 11:34 AM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

  • #2
    Just a quick reminder that this fic is up for discussion in about two weeks and since it is a rather long story it might take you some time to get through.

    flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

    Comment


    • #3
      I almost definitely won't get time to read this I'm afraid.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a question for anyone who is farther into the story than me. I've read the first 13 chapters and I'm not sure I want to proceed. Buffy isn't herself, she's the dumbed down S2 Buffy from Halloween. Spike is S2 as well meaning that all the awesome character development he goes through is missing from his personality. And I don't really buy into the vampires who are lords and ladies, I guess the money's nice but vamps have fun outside society's restrictions not from within the gentry, right? Any encouragement to keep going or is the tone the same throughout?


        I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, I am sad to have to say this because I was the one who suggested the fic for group reading. But the answer is definitely no. There is no encouragement from my side to keep reading.

          flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

          Comment


          • #6
            It has been so many years since I read it I'm not sure my opinion is worth a great deal. I think it is one of those stories that is seen as a classic possibly because the writer was so prolific and because it was so epic. But as far as I remember the characterisation issues you have both aren't hard to understand or are going to go away any time soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
              I have a question for anyone who is farther into the story than me. I've read the first 13 chapters and I'm not sure I want to proceed. Buffy isn't herself, she's the dumbed down S2 Buffy from Halloween. Spike is S2 as well meaning that all the awesome character development he goes through is missing from his personality. And I don't really buy into the vampires who are lords and ladies, I guess the money's nice but vamps have fun outside society's restrictions not from within the gentry, right? Any encouragement to keep going or is the tone the same throughout?
              I'm only on chapter 6 and I'm thinking of giving up. I don't like this Buffy or Spike, or the setting or the claim.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                I'm only on chapter 6 and I'm thinking of giving up. I don't like this Buffy or Spike, or the setting or the claim.
                Wait until they add vampire royalty

                It is a very well written story. The author is talented. It's just not the bantering spuffy action adventure with lots of jokes that you and I tend to binge read our way through.


                I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                  Wait until they add vampire royalty

                  It is a very well written story. The author is talented. It's just not the bantering spuffy action adventure with lots of jokes that you and I tend to binge read our way through.
                  Agreed, seductiveembrace is a talented writer, but the story does nothing for me. I like my Buffy to be a slayer, or at least not a simpering 'lady' type. I like it when she can give Spike the fight back he deserves.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I peaked at the end and it does look intriguing. Spike is more Spike-like and it's so different from the beginning I'm thinking of going further. Anyone else still reading?


                    I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have skimmed through it. It is an interesting story line but it is not for me. I‘ll put it under spoilers.

                      Spoiler:
                      Buffy‘s memories come back but she stays OOC. Spike is also OOC imho.


                      flow
                      ................................ Banner by buffylover

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Spoiler:
                        I also skimmed through it. Some scenes are a bit repetitive and it's very OOC. But as a story, it's fine if you try to forget that it's supposed to be BTVS fic.
                        Last edited by redtent; 02-11-19, 09:08 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buffy gets her memories back in chapter 27. It's a well written story. A little repetitive on the sexy times but over all a good story. The secret is to think of it as an AU. I generally prefer stories that fit In More realistically with BtVS.


                          I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If I recall correctly, the whole vamp society/claim aspect really does keep it a very AU feel even when Buffy gets her memories back.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't think I can read 26 chapters before I get to Slayer Buffy, especially since she's already been claimed. I did think the writing was very good and the story interesting, but it just isn't my sort of story.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X