No announcement yet.

Lost In Time by seductiveembrace starting 15th Novemver 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've completed the story. It is definitely "epic" and the writer is talented but this is very AU and not typically what I like in a fanfic. This Buffy cries....a lot. Spike is always carrying her around in times of trouble. I like my Buffy to be strong and fierce. Spike is sometimes in character, but mostly not. Buffy's hard to recognize. Oddly Willow, Giles and Xander are quite in character. Also there's a lot of repetitive sex scenes with lots of biting. I don't mind how S11 handled Buffy giving Spike blood to help him survive but I'm not sure being a vampires chew toy would be fun and arousing. I think it sounds quite painful, even if you are a slayer.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Has Buffy lost the use of her legs? Maybe all that loss of blood has affected how steady she is on her feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Has Buffy lost the use of her legs? Maybe all that loss of blood has affected how steady she is on her feet.
        Spike is so big and strong and her caretaker so naturally he picks he up and keeps her on his lap when ever she's upset.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
          Spike is so big and strong and her caretaker so naturally he picks he up and keeps her on his lap when ever she's upset.
          Oh dear. Makes her sound like a ventriloquists dummy

Comment

Either Buffy got smaller or Spike got bigger during the time travel.

Comment

Weepy/weak/lap dog Buffy is one of my least favourite character warpings in Spuffy fics.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

Weepy/weak/lap dog Buffy is one of my least favourite character warpings in Spuffy fics.
                Very much so. Buffy does cry, but she's emotional about emotional things, her mum's illness, her boyfriends leaving her. Time travel is a practical problem and practical problems bring the best out in her, she'd take charge and look for a solution and not rely on others to solve the problem for her

Comment

I will be traveling tomorrow. Therefore I am opening the discussion early. What do you think about this story?

As others have said before - this is a very alternate AU. It reminded me more of the Outlanderverse than of the Buffyverse. Time and location at least fitted (edit: for Outlander). It was well written but this wasn't my Buffy. It wasn't really my Spike either. I skipped a lot of it and would like to know what made Spike fight the good fight. Somehow I missed that part. And where did all the other vampires who became part of their clan come from and why did they also fight the good fight?

flow
                  Last edited by flow; 15-11-19, 02:46 PM.
                  ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I'm sorry to say that I haven't finished this fic and doubt I will. It is well written and there is a lot going on but none of it really appeals to me.

Comment

I honestly don't remember specifics flow and didn't find the time to reread it. I think it was one of those situations where Buffy came to accept/see a grey area in vamp society which was 'proven' by the writer just creating this social vibe around them and Spike fell into helping and showing whatever restraint was required because he loved Buffy and it was what she wanted. All convenient and easy and yeah, it really doesn't feel like canon. But that is a general memory from years ago and I could be thinking about generic directions fics take that this one didn't fall to, but I think it fits from my sketchy recall.

Comment

I also did not finish this fic. I stopped reading a few chapters in, when it became clear that it was pretty much a bodice ripper with the faces and names of Buffy and Spike glued on to the main characters. Probably not a bad story, but not one for me.
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Yep, this is a classic of Spuffy fic, and is so AU as to verge on original fic. There is a lot of world-building in it, and there are parts of that world that are unforgettable. For what it's worth, once Buffy gets her memories back, she whips everyone around her into shape and they ultimately form an immortal crime-fightin' team! Team of Extraordinary Ladies and Vamps, Ltd. I joke.

It's a tremendous work, but definitely borrows heavily from the historical bodice-buster realm (+ vampires) and takes commitment, as it is so long. I am not as interested in romance as some readers, but I did enjoy the "politics" of the piece. How do vampires exist in plain sight? If they aren't mindless feeding machines — sharks on land — what does motivate them over time? If they create a society, what is it like, and what sort of rules are laid down to keep them safe and undiscovered (i.e. well-regulated)? There are things that differentiate the vampires we "know" in the Buffyverse from the stake-fodder vamps, and this fic is an interesting attempt to tease out some of those differences and expand on how it might look in a particular place and time.

It's not a pithy banter-thon, but not all fic has to be that. I got quite a bit out of this story, ultimately.
                          Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Working...
                          X