Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

The Ethnocentrism of Vampthropology by Touchstoneaf starting 13th September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    I'm also still keen to finish reading that S12 fic by Twinkles
    It’s definitely not the Twinkles fault, she had to take what season 12 gave her. But just reading the first chapter brought back all those gaping plot holes. A powerful sorcerer who is talking to a vamp in human form fully knowing that this human looking vamp is a vamp and not a human. But he doesn’t know vamps can assume human form. Huh? I had to stop reading.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
      It’s definitely not the Twinkles fault, she had to take what season 12 gave her. But just reading the first chapter brought back all those gaping plot holes. A powerful sorcerer who is talking to a vamp in human form fully knowing that this human looking vamp is a vamp and not a human. But he doesn’t know vamps can assume human form. Huh? I had to stop reading.

flow
      I stopped to. It was just to near the actual S12 and that was too depressing. I may be able to read it years down the road when S12 isn't so fresh in my mind.

Comment

The Twinkles story is worth reading. It does put S12 in a completely different perspective by cleverly adding new details and removing none of the existing content.
        ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

I only mentioned the S12 fic was something I was looking fwd to instead of this one, I wasn't saying anyone else should read it. I love Twinkles, plus I'd already accepted S12 (flaws and all) and could still see potential for positive in it and I like how Twinkles brings that out. To my mind, it's like DactylGirl's S10 comics fics which I also love. I haven't finished it but I have a feeling I'll love it.

On the other hand I gave Ethnocentricism a try, but had to stop midway through chapter 2. I'm afraid I have similar feelings to Double Dutchess.

Spoiler:
          I gave it a try, but I don't think I could make it through it. First, Buffy sounds utterly un-intelligent and very unlike herself in it. And I just can't get past the endless Buffy-blaming (and the text seems to be agreeing) alongside the selective valorisation of Spike (he wouldn't harm a fly, she was the monster, he was "right about her all along"? etc etc). It's just not my thing.

And if it made her feel an enormous shame for past mistakes, it was as much an inherited shame—she was, after all, what she was, and meant to do what she was meant to do—as it was a personal one, to do with things she could have done differently, once, with one particular vampire who had been right about her all along.
          Supposedly soulless, and she couldn’t imagine him hurting a fly
          It was you who couldn’t feel; and you put that on him because you didn’t want to be the monster in that relationship./
          But she had been. She had been.
          Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 09-09-19, 11:21 PM.
          buffylover made this stunning banner

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
            The Woobifying? Even in the first two chapters there's the suggestion Spike was "misunderstood" (which I partly agree with). DD implies this continues and Buffy takes the blame (which I don't think she should).
            I wouldn't say it's woobifying, mostly it's just that Buffy is thinking all the time about how wonderful Spike is. And it's not that I disagree with the sentiment (he really is) but it was getting a bit much for me.
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Working...
            X