Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Fin Amour by Angearia starting on 12th April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi DD -

This is one of those stories that always stay with you - I've read it twice and saying I "enjoyed it" does not feel right with the theme and the ending but it was a great Spike sacrifice story and to me it very much connected to how the series finale depicted Spike's transformation journey and his heroic ending. Late on the comments discussion for this story but I plan on joining the discussions again. Hope all is well with you.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Cil, nice to hear from you! I hope you are doing well too. When I said "I enjoyed it" I was referring to the sequel, which is decidedly less tragic than Fin Amour. I agree that for Fin Amour "enjoy" is not exactly the right word to use. I did love it, though -- I think it is an amazing and touching tale.
      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        I had started to read the sequel and whilst I found aspects of it quite lovely I also found frustrations too. I stopped reading it for concern that by touching on things that I personally find frustrating it could result in it marring my feelings about the original fic, which I have read and reread and really do love as is. I think I was just happier to see it end as a bittersweet story.
        My feelings exactly.

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        Do you still write Emmie?
        Unfortunately not so much fanfic anymore! I have been venturing toward writing original works actually.
        sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Emmie View Post
          Unfortunately not so much fanfic anymore! I have been venturing toward writing original works actually.
          That's exciting. Is it any different a writing experience in terms of stress or fun?

It goes without saying I hope that I'd absolutely love to read anything you write and would be very excited to add an Emmie original fic to my kindle or bookshelf.

Comment

Wishing you loads of success with the original work Emmie.

Just finished The Soul Lies Down. I thought it was well written, but there was a little too much blaming Buffy for everything, which I am not a fan of. But a good story and very well written.

Comment

Now that this thread has been revived, I also read this fic and god it's so good. I love it! The character's voices are done close to the series. I could easily imagine actors saying the words.
              I don't mind the sad ending, it felt right, even though I generally prefer happy endings. I have to admit, I cried at the end, which rarely happens.
              Added to a list of my favorites.

Comment

Attached Files
                Last edited by Emmie; 19-01-20, 06:25 AM.
                sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

AwsomeCon looks amazing! So jealous. Thanks for sharing.

Flow is our fanfic one, she alone will tell us when the new fic starts and what we'll be reading next

Comment

Emmie:
                    For me, that phrase captures what I love most about Spike's character. In this fic's context, it's what makes him so tragic. But in canon, it's what makes him so wonderfully human.
                    This is awesome. I really envy you for meeting him as well as for getting the message

Priceless:
                    Flow is our fanfic one, she alone will tell us when the new fic starts and what we'll be reading next
                    I have actually ordered everyone to take a break from reading and discussing fanfiction until February

But if people feel up to it we could squeeze in a group discussion in January. I'd love to see you join the discussion, Emmie! I'll post a couple of suggestions in the suggestion thread.

flow
                    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I have actually ordered everyone to take a break from reading and discussing fanfiction until February

But if people feel up to it we could squeeze in a group discussion in January. I'd love to see you join the discussion, Emmie! I'll post a couple of suggestions in the suggestion thread.
                      I'm sorry flow, there is no pressure, I'm fine not having a group read in January. February is nearly here, and this break gives us chance to read other things.

Comment

Working...
                      X