Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you're stranded on a desert island with a fanfic to read.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I think I've just come to accept that Spike and Buffy are constantly putting their fingers to each other's lips . . . it saddens me, but it's where every writer goes eventually
    Hahaha as a single woman I dream of a man who will express his love by placing his finger to my lips, I get regular manicures in case the opportunity to reciprocate arises.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
      Hahaha as a single woman I dream of a man who will express his love by placing his finger to my lips, I get regular manicures in case the opportunity to reciprocate arises.

I don't mind if it's the odd thumb, done erotically, but it's usually used to shut someone up and I don't think that's ever happened in real life, or not in the modern age.

Comment

TriBel:
        flow: did I ever see the Polar Bear fic?
        Mine? It`s not finished yet. I`ve written about two thirds of it and it took me a year. Duh. Hopefully I`ll be finished within the next half year. But no promises made!

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
          TriBel:

Mine? It`s not finished yet. I`ve written about two thirds of it and it took me a year. Duh. Hopefully I`ll be finished within the next half year. But no promises made!

flow
          You're still planning on posting a chapter on Seasonal Spuffy aren't you flow? I'm really looking forward to reading it

Comment

Yea, I am!

flow
            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              Yea, I am!

flow
              Yay! Honestly so looking forward to this, just to see what your thinking is and where you might take a story. I've not worries about the writing because I know it'll be fab

Comment

Drabble...or dribble...or drivel.

"He pulled her to her feet and walked her into a field of golden flowers. With no sense of urgency, he removed his duster and spread it on the ground. From nowhere came the thought that from space it resembled a large sunflower....The actual sunflowers displaced by the coat sprang back to create a canopy. “You are like nobody since I love you. Let me spread you out among yellow garlands”, he murmured. With one arm, he cupped her legs, with the other, her waist. He scooped her up, held her for a moment, and then lay her gently on the coat. Leisurely, he removed his clothes while she watched. Once naked, he began to remove hers. He looked at her. “I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees” Then he straddled her. He grasped her hands, kissed them and laced his finger through hers. He took each hand in turn and placed it above her head. He covered both of her hands with one of his own, pinning her arms to the ground. His free hand (CENSORED)... His blue eyes became darker, swirled through with indigo. Flecks of gold appeared. “Starry, starry night”, she murmured. He smiled. “Hush” he said. The planes of his face grew keener, his canines sharper. His back arched as he brought his face to hers, predator to prey. Their eyes locked. His chest brushed lightly against her *******. She trembled and turned her head to the side. He moved closer and said, sotto voce:

“I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
                Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
                Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
                I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.

I hunger for your sleek laugh,
                your hands the colour of a savage harvest,
                hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
                I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.

I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
                the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
                I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,

and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
                hunting for you, for your hot heart,
                like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue”.

“Vampire”, he said. He nipped her throat, just enough to draw blood. “Tasting” he murmured. She turned her head once more and once more held his gaze. He slipped his hand (CENSORED). Edited to read: "Quoting a Nobel winning poet is all well and good mister", she murmured, "but if you put your finger to my lips again, particularly in view of where it's just been, I'll bite the bloody thing off". She paused before adding "You're evoking every cliche in the book. This...place...for want of a better word...is camp enough to have been conjured by Andrew. I've got sand where sand really shouldn't be and...oh look...is that a turtle?"
                sigpic

Comment

I can't believe I couldn't see where you were going with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                    I can't believe I couldn't see where you were going with that.
                    It misses the bit where Spike gets drunk and starts espousing what he calls "Johnny Walker Wisdom" (that phrase is nicked from Cohen) - below. That said...I quite like the rewrite.

“Wanna know how Lorca d’scribed Neruda?” he slurred. No I don’t but suspect you’re going to tell me. “A poet closer to death than to philosophy, closer to pain than intelligence, closer to blood than to ink.” There was a short pause. “Proves Neruda was a vampire”. He sank down again. After a few minutes, Voice heard the unnecessary (but not unwelcome) sound of snoring".
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X