Whose Torment is this, Anyway? by Rebcake starting 2nd November 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rebcake,

I am late to respond to you post. Like the others before, I also want to say thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It always gives so much more insight into a story and the writing process, if we have the chance to talk to the writer herself. We have another one of your stories on our to read-list (though we haven`t set a date for reading it yet).

Thank you so much again!

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Fun fluff. Enjoyable but kind of predictable. Sometimes we need uncomplcated. The characterizations were spot on, and intelligent. I have no priblem with Buffy's "earthiness". Character language is not limited by PG TV constraints.
      Last edited by DeepBlueJoy; 09-11-18, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The voicing was very good, I thought the characters were captured really well. The only issue I had with the language was Buffy saying ''when exactly have I ever given you the impression that I’m a, well, a whore?” was a little ott and out of character. No matter how angry or upset Buffy has been, she's not usually so coarse..
        I've been doing a rewatch, and had to pop in to say that Buffy calls Cordelia a "vapid whore" in Homecoming. That's twice she's used the word in canon, so far!

I didn't think I was being terribly original...
        Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post
          I've been doing a rewatch, and had to pop in to say that Buffy calls Cordelia a "vapid whore" in Homecoming. That's twice she's used the word in canon, so far!

I didn't think I was being terribly original...
          You are quite right. It's just a word i don't like, especially when women use it about themselves or other women. It's just one of my bugbears

Comment

I'm with you. It's too often thrown about in a way that robs it of its actual meaning. When Buffy uses it about Dru or Cordy, it's not accurate, and it's meant to be demeaning. In this story, it IS accurate, in that she's upset that he would think of her affection as transactional. So her usage in this story doesn't match up with her (incorrect) usage in canon. And how many conversations have you had lately about the importance of precision when using the word? I have with various teenagers of my acquaintance — watch them squirm — and it's not even on the SATs!
            Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Working...
            X