No announcement yet.

Suggestions for the FanFiction discussion threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in this frame of mind (not really off topic - it's fan-fic : )

"Then what's ludicrous about Christmas?"

He shrugs. "Celebrating Jesus's birthday via the idolatry of a fat old man with a sweet tooth? One who, in exchange for biscuits, distributes catastrophic debt to the world?" It's appallingly lacking in pragmatism, but, then again, humans also seem to be convinced the Orcytolagus cuniculus can lay eggs on Easter. "How in the bloody hell does that happen?"

She snickers. "Riiiiight," she says, in that tone she reserves for when he's wandered a little too close to the loony bin and is threatening to fall in. Frankly, he thinks this is unfair, considering she's a proponent of flying reindeer."
    sigpic

Comment

• Is this from your Lucifer fanifc? 'What The Devil Does For Christmas' or 'Detective Under The Tree'?

Comment

• Nope...it is Lucifer but (unfortunately because she writes the best fic I've ever read) not mine! Though I'm pinching "wandered a little too close to the loony bin and is threatening to fall in" and adapting it for every day usage - I think it's a killer! Expect to see it in every post I make. "Sigh...I think you've wandered too close to the loony bin. I'm fearful of you falling in"
        sigpic

Comment

• I am sorry to have neglected the fanfic group. I will announce our new fic to be read next Friday. It will be a short one trherefore I am planning only a week until discussion starts. There will probably be some more shorter fics after that.

As no one has made any suggestions for a Christmas fic I am boldly putting forward Quid Pro Ho Ho Ho, which is a Lucifer fic but it is so brilliant that you should all read it. You don't Need to be familiar with the series to get into it and it does not Spoiler the series for you in case you still haven't watched it (which you should do - I am now close to finfishing my third re-watch and I am considering a fourth one). I also think we already covered most of the Spuffy Christmas fics, haven't we?

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• I'm sorry flow but I'm here for the Spuffy. I'm sure it's a great fic, it's just not for me.

Comment

• Wow! I've only watched BtVS three times. Although I'm currently watching it for the fourth time alongside the third rewatch and the fourth rewatch is about to overtake the third rewatch and become the third whilst the third becomes the fourth.

I'm not going to join in the Lucifer read either I'm afraid, sorry flow. I find it hard to fit in reading the Spuffy ones so I'm not going to find time for Lucifer. I'd be surprised if we've exhausted the Spuffy christmas fics but don't have time to look at what's been read against my lists at the mo.

Comment

• We have already read with the group:

Promise Of Frost by Eurydice
                Fat Chris and The Wish by greyangel
                The Santa Claus Chronicles by glassdarkly
                Christmas Rage by The Enemy Of Reality
                The Mangy Lion by Puddinhead

That's not really that much, I admit. I have also read Angel Got Run over by a Reindeer by Sunalso and Secret Santa by Minx DeLovely. So, if you have anything else, please let me know!

flow
                Last edited by flow; 29-09-19, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• It has been a good few years since I read it but I think Let Nothing You Dismay by Constance was set around Christmas. It's only just over 20k. I'd happily reread it as it has been at least five years.

Snow Virgins and the sequel Spike by Snowlight by Lizerrrbeathan I think were both set at Christmas time but I'm not sure if I would describe them as Christmas stories. It has been even longer since I read those. They are both fairly short as well under 30k and under 20 I think. Most people may have read those though as a lot read several Lizerrrbeathan fics when they discovered her I think.

Autumn Sunset by Holly is a thanksgiving fic with the sequel This Simple Phrase a Christmas one if I recall correctly. Again it's been a lot of years since I read it but I think it's another under 30k.

Baby It's Cold Outside by Addie Logan is a little longer but still under 40k and I think is very Christmassy but I don't remember great details of how much it is.

I don't know if that helps/if anyone else will fancy reading any of those.

Comment

• I don't remember the Lizerrrbeathan fics being very Christmas-y. We have already read several of Holly's fics. Therefore I am all in for the Constance fic. I have neither heard of her nor read anything by her before. Addie Logan is always a good suggestion - I like their writing style a lot - but we have read several Addie Logan┬┤stories before as well, if I remember correctly.

flow

Comment

• @flow - as you know I've read Quid Pro Ho Ho Ho but I'll read it with you again. I'm part way through my 7th complete re-watch since May - I've only stopped to watch 1.5 series of Derry Girls; Good Omens; half of American Gods/Stranger Things; one episode of Bad Boys and a couple of films. I'll sandwich in Marianne and Leonard tonight though.

The Constance fic looks okay - a lot of Dawn in it - though I have my reservations about a story that mentions masturbation twice in the first four paragraphs . I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Promise Of Frost.
                      Last edited by TriBel; 29-09-19, 10:55 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• For Christmas stories, I recommend Dutchbuffy's "Merry Christmas Spike" series:

https://archiveofourown.org/series/740832
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I think we can easily fit in two Christmas fics in December therefore I will put Dutchbuffy‘s series on the list as well.

TriBel, I am gonna create a thread for the best Christmas fic ever too and if no one else wants to join at least you and me can have fun!

flow

Comment

• We have read a couple of very short fics lately and I am planning to pick Lost in Time by seductiveembrace (170k words) next. Hope that's fine with everyone?

flow

Comment

• Is that the same as spikeskat's Lost in Time series? I lose track of which authors have multiple names. I'll probably struggle to manage to join in for a fic of that length but you should just carry on without me as that'll probably always be the case with longer fics, being as slooooow as I am.

Comment

• The group discussion has slowed down considerably. I think we should finish Dutchbuffy's series in December and maybe we should take a break in January and see if people are ready to join again after that. What do you think?

flow

Comment

Working...
                                X