Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well minimum requirement is only 500 words. Just 500. That's hardly anything really now, is it?
    JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
    Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

• Bloody hell tangent it's 3 in the morning and I've just got out of bed to write the beginning of my challenge entry in case I should forget it in the night...

Some of us have a 2,000 word essay to write tomorrow! You bugger!
      "I'd like to keep Spike as my pet."
      "Get out of my temporal lobe, House!"
      "Confessssssssssss!"

Comment

• Tangent, I really want to enter your challenge but the first inspiration that hit me was actually for firefly story. You said if I wanted to write something else to ask so...can I write it? It's set post Serenity and it was inspired by the Killers song.

Comment

• That would be fine Casi. I should probably have included the whole Jossverse.

Looking forward to reading it!
          JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
          Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

• Thanks! I haven't written anything Jossverse in quite awhile so I'm hoping it will at least be entertaining. Good song choices, by the by. I've got at least two stories now that I want to write for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkedup View Post
              Does anybody know of a place where challenges are more common? Maybe a board specifically dedicated to this 'verse fan fiction writing and challenges? I'd like to join one but I don't know where I would start.
              I don't know If you'll see this seeing as you asked this question so long ago, but on lj one of the most active challenge com's is still_grrr

http://community.livejournal.com/still_grrr/

They set challenges every two weeks I believe for both writers and artists.

There's also fantas_magoria which isn't a challenge com as such but a place that's going through every season of Buffy and ask folks to contribute fics, drabbles, icons and artworks for every episode they cover.

Info for both places are on their lj profile pages.

http://community.livejournal.com/fantas_magoria/

Comment

• Well, 3 days to go so time for the inevitable question. Are there any people out there wanting an extension?

Sorry for the link to song 3 by the way there's been some problems with it. It should be working now but if not and you want to look it up on your own it a song called Precious by Depeche Mode.
                JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

• Right sportsfans, i'm extending the challenge to Saturday the 28th of March. Get your Writing (Insert Whatever you wear while writing) on!
                  JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                  Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

• Will do my best. Bit manic at work (and out of it) but will do best!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

• Hey, challenge folk!

I know I'm next on the list, and I'm working on my challenge, but I'm very busy at the moment and probably for another week or so. So if anybody's got a challenge in mind please feel free to ask a mod to jump the queue because mine's not gonna be ready just yet. (Plus, to be honest, it's a bit random, I might scrap it altogether and do another one...)

So just to keep you posted, I will have a challenge ready for you guys, but not for a week or so. Sorry about that.
                      "Confessssssssssss!"

Comment

• Hey Thomas, cool challenge!

I might run mine in parallel... Or maybe it's best if we only have one running at a time, not sure.

I'll probably have a go at yours anyway.
                        "Confessssssssssss!"

Comment

• My challenge is officially over...

Thank you, cliomiao for entering. Um, since only one person entered, I won't be declaring a winner, but I'll try to make an award as a "Thanks for entering!" type thing in a couple of days.
                          Last edited by Thomas; 08-06-09, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Love the challenge, tangent! Great idea!
                            "Confessssssssssss!"

Comment

• Tangent- I've decided to enter your #15 challenge- however, I am uncertain about the style. I am used to transcript-style. I imagine myself doing this format- with the teaser and acts but I am concerned. Does it matter?
                              Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

• not at all, Go with what you feel comfortable with. obviously you'll need to find a way to work in your first and last lines but then that's the challenge isn't it?
                                JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                                Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Working...
                                X