Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Roads Less Traveled - 1.01 'In Search of Little Sadie'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roads Less Traveled - 1.01 'In Search of Little Sadie'

TEASER:

OPEN TO:
    A young blonde woman, TAYLOR PEYTON, walks out of a gas station. She walks over to an old van where two blonde men, SULLIVAN CABLE and CAL CARLEN, are sitting. She climbs into the back. There’s only one seat in the back, a chest is behind the seat, and several bags on the floor.

TAYLOR:
    They said Seattle’s about two and a half hours away. We really need GPS.

CAL:
    No, we don’t. Maps still work, princess. We don’t gotta be all high-tech.

TAYLOR:
    Yeah, they work so that we just end up asking for directions.

CAL:
    GPS don’t work either! It just tells you the general area and then you end having to ask for directions anyway. Either way you have to ask for directions. So the question is do you want to save money.
    TAYLOR ignores CAL.

TAYLOR:
    Well, only idiots wouldn’t be able to find where they’re going when they’re there. No offence, Cal.

SULLIVAN:
    Not that I don’t enjoy the bitching, but could we just stay here tonight? Stock up on supplies and leave in the morning?

TAYLOR:
    See, that’s good idea! Glad to see at least two of us think logically.

CAL:
    I’ll drive, we can rest in Seattle.

SULLIVAN:
    Man, it’s already 10:30. A shower would be nice, maybe some dinner that isn‘t cooked in grease.

CAL:
    You two are so high maintenance.

TAYLOR:
    And that means yes?

CAL:
    Yeah, whatever. Maybe we can find something worthwhile to do here.

CUT TO:
    A crime scene. A Hispanic detective is crouching over a corpse. He’s wearing medical gloves, he gently move the dead man’s head to the side, revealing a strange marking carved on it, it looks like the letter ‘I’. A young, tall women with brown hair walks over to him.

WOMEN:
    My names Sadie Paulsen. I work for The Vancouver Province. Can I ask you a few questions?

DETECTIVE:
    Detective Diego Ortiz.

He puts out his hand, she accepts. She then pulls out a tape recorder.

SADIE:
    Is this another one of the murders that have been happening around town?

DETECTIVE:
    Yeah, there’s been almost a dozen like it, the first being in New Jersey and the latest being here.

SADIE:
    Where in New Jersey?

DIEGO:
    Clifton. They’ve been making there way up from there.

SADIE:
    They’re basically the same, right? Knife wound and the carving?

DEIGO:
    Yeah but the carvings are different. I think they’re trying to spell something.

SADIE:
    What do you mean?

DEIGO:
    Each victim has a letter on it’s neck. We’ve decoded “PAUL IS SAD” but two ‘Es’ and an ‘N’ are left. So, that may not actually be it, but it gives us a start.

SADIE:
    So, it’s possibly some one named Paul? Unless it’s not Paul, but Paula?

DIEGO:
    Could be, we could be just grasping at straws, though. It could be nothing but with the lack of anything else going for us with this case it’s everything.

SADIE:
    Have you found the carving’s anywhere besides the neck?

DEIGO:
    Just the neck.

SADIE:
    Wow, that’s cliché. Thanks for answering my question detective.

He nods and she walks out. He stares at her for a second as she leaves.

DEIGO:
    Sadie Paulsen. S-A-D. P-A-U-L. Sad Paul?

He realizes something. He takes out a notebook and begins to write something. He begins to write “SADIE PAULSEN” on it. He underlines each of the letters. He rips out the page and rushes out of the room.

CREDITS
    THEME SONG: “Bad Dream” © Keane

STARRING
    HILARIE BURTON - Taylor Peyton
    CAM GIGANDET - Calvin ‘Cal’ Carlen
    JUSTIN HARTLY - Sullivan Cable
    MISSY PEREGRYM - Sadie Paulsen

SPECIAL GUEST STARRING
    AJ COOK - Carmen White-Rayne
    DRAKE BELL - Josh O’Malley

GUEST STARRING
    RODRIGO SANTORO - Detective Diego Ortiz
    BORIS KODJOE - Mysterious Man

WRITTEN BY:
    Thomas Wright

STORY BY:
    Thomas Wright
    And Alexander Brown

CREATED BY:
    Thomas Wright
    And Alexander Brown

EDITED BY:
    Alexander Brown

Based on: Buffy the Vampire Slayer © Joss Whedon, 20th Century Fox, and Mutant Enemy. And RAVEN © Alexander Brown and Sacred Circle Productions. No profit is made off of this fanfiction.

Act 1:

CUT TO:
    A motel room. Morning. It’s a standard motel room with two beds, a nightstand between them, a small table and a bathroom. TAYLOR is lying on her stomach on one of the beds her legs crossed in the air, she’s got a laptop and notebook in front of her, a pen in her mouth. CAL and SULLIVAN walk into the room. Both carrying bags. They went and got supplies.

TAYLOR:
    I think I found something for us to do while we’re here. There’s been a few murders across town, mostly near an area called Stanley Park. Think we’re up to it?

CAL:
    Maybe it’s nothing?

TAYLOR:
    It doesn’t look like nothing. It could be a demon; the articles say something about mark carvings in the victim’s necks. That sounds pretty demonic. Maybe it could be some kind of cult?

SULLIVAN:
    I think we should investigate.

CAL:
    Why is it always me having to give in to you two?

SULLIVAN:
    It’s probably because you’re hardheaded.

CAL:
    I’m hardheaded? You both are just spoiled.

TAYLOR:
    Me spoiled? Yeah right. For my tenth birthday, I asked my dad for this old set of books. He gave me a horse.

CAL:
    [Sarcastically] That sounds horrible.

TAYLOR:
    It was! There was this guy I liked, he was older, but I liked him and I wanted to show of my demon knowledge and impress him. His name was Wesley, he was the son of my parent’s friends. I wonder what he’s up to these days?

SULLIVAN:
    Can we go check this out instead of thinking about ex-crushes?

CAL:
    Yeah, that’s hurry up and prove it to be nothing so we can go.

CUT TO:
    Stanley Park. It’s morning, the park is almost empty. Taylor, Sullivan, and Cal are walking together, scoping the area.

SULLIVAN:
    Isn’t odd that people were murdered here and it’s still open?

TAYLOR:
    We should split up; we’d find out stuff faster.

SULLIVAN:
    It’s not a good idea, one of us could get hurt alone, since we don’t know what we’re up against.

CAL:
    I’ll go alone and look around the crime scenes. You two can ask around for information. I don’t think whatever’s killing people is going to strike at ten in the morning. Just a hunch.

SULLIVAN:
    Fine, call us if before you attack anything.

CAL:
    When do I not?

SULLIVAN:
    Um, you always attack first, tell us later.

TAYLOR:
    Wait, wait. I thought you just said splitting up was a bad idea but now, it’s a good idea? So, if it’s my idea, it’s bad and if it’s Cal’s it’s good? Fine, you know what? Cal can investigate this all he wants, I’ll just enjoy my day here, doing something normal. Good luck Cal.

TAYLOR walks off, leaving both SULLIVAN and CAL.

SULLIVAN:
    I’ll go check on her. Call if you find anything.

CUT TO:
    SADIE’S sneaking around an office, there‘s yellow tape around the room. It‘s a crime scene. She hears something from outside of the door a quickly hides as someone enters, it’s CAL. He looks around the room and steps forward. SADIE jumps out, she’s holding a taser in her hand.

SADIE:
    Here to cover your tracks?

CAL:
    [Surprised] Are you a cop?

SADIE:
    No, I’m a reporter. Who the hell are you? And why the hell are you here?

CAL:
    That’s none of your business.

SADIE takes her camera and gets a picture of CAL. CAL doesn’t look amused.

SADIE:
    I’ll take this to the cops if you don’t tell me.

CAL rolls his eyes at her.

CAL:
    My sister was killed and I’m looking for who did it.

SADIE:
    Really.

CAL steps forward. SADIE moves back a little intimidated by CAL.

SADIE:
    No offense, but I find it hard to believe you.

CAL:
    Maybe I don’t believe you’re a reporter.

SADIE:
    I’ve got a press pass.

CAL:
    How do I know you didn’t kill a reporter and steal their press pass?

SADIE:
    You know what? I believe you.

CAL:
    So, what do you know about whoever’s killing people?

SADIE:
    Possibly named Paul or Paula.

CAL looks over, he sees a carving in the wall.

CAL:
    What’s that?

SADIE:
    What’s what?

CAL:
    That thing on the wall.

SADIE:
    I have no clue. I didn’t notice that before.

SADIE pulls a digital camera from her bag, she begins to take pictures of the carving in the wall. It’s a symbol, it looks like a half of a heart with two dot next to it.

CAL:
    It’s some kind of a carving.

SADIE:
    [Sarcastically] Oh really? Here I was thinking it was something else.

CUT TO:
    A concession stand. Taylor and Sullivan are getting food, obviously not doing what they‘re supposed to. The walk over to a bench and sit down.

TAYLOR:
    I just don’t see why he has to be so unattached. We’re a team but he always goes into battle alone. It kind of defeats the purpose of having us along with him.

SULLIVAN:
    He’s always been like that, even when we traveled with Speed. It’s part of the reason Speed left us.

TAYLOR:
    I get that but he never wants our help. We should talk to him like an intervention or something.

SULLIVAN:
    Cal’s not the talking or listening type.

TAYLOR:
    I’ll make him listen. If he doesn’t stop, he’ll just end up getting killed.

SULLIVAN:
    Cal makes his own rules, he does what he wants, when he wants. I know you don’t want to admit it, but the reason you two always fight is because, you’re both the same way.

TAYLOR:
    At least I listen once and in awhile, he never does.

SULLIVAN:
    I’ll give you credit for that. What do you say, wanna go kill a demon?

TAYLOR:
    You really think it’s a demon?

SULLIVAN:
    If you really think it is, I do too.

CUT TO:
    The office SADIE and CAL were in. CAL has a piece of paper against the wall, he’s trying the symbol. SADIE watches him, arms crossed.

SADIE:
    You know, you should really update you methods. I mean, you’re drawing it on a piece of paper.

CAL:
    What can I say, I’m old school.

SADIE:
    Yeah, as in, when one rooms school were around? I suppose you carry everything in a belt as well?

CAL:
    You don’t mind judging people do you?

SADIE:
    I’m just saying, your methods are a little outdated. I bet you still use a map.

CAL:
    As a matter of fact, I do use a map.

SADIE:
    You should really update to GPS.

CAL:
    I’m fine thanks. Do you even have a name?

SADIE:
    Sadie.

CAL:
    I’m Cal. So, you been a reporter long?

SADIE:
    Not really. How about you?

CAL:
    I’m not a reporter.

SADIE:
    Well, it’s obvious your sister wasn’t killed.

CAL:
    Alright, fine. I’m a liar. My name is Cal and I am old school but I’m just investigating this because I find doing this exciting. I don’t gain anything from this, just karma points.

SADIE:
    Well, that’s sweet of you.

CAL:
    I know we just met but I’m in town for awhile, maybe if you get tired of work, I could buy you dinner or coffee or whatever the kids are doing these days.

SADIE:
    I don’t usually accept invitations from strangers, but yeah, I’d like that.

CUT TO:
    TAYLOR and SULLIVAN are loading onto a small train in Stanley Park. They sit on a bench across from two old women who are gossiping.

OLD WOMAN #1:
    I think it’s the monster.

OLD WOMAN #2:
    Oh, that monster’s not real. It’s just an old legend.

TAYLOR:
    Excuse me, did you say monster?

OLD WOMAN #2:
    It’s this old myth. They say this monster lives in the park. It comes out at night and feeds. It’s got these glowing red eyes.

SULLIVAN:
    It lives in the park? Thanks for your help ladies.

SULLIVAN and TAYLOR rush off the train, which hasn’t started to move yet.

TAYLOR:
    I think we found are demon.

SULLIVAN:
    Now lets find Cal and get to slayin’.

END ACT I: COMMERCIAL BREAK
    Last edited by Thomas; 26-05-07, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Act 2:

OPEN TO:
      The Sacred Circle. JOSH is wiping the counter. The bell at the door rings, he looks up. SADIE walks in and immediately walks towards JOSH. She places a photo of the symbol on the counter.

SADIE:
      Hi, um, this is kind of a weird question but could you tell me what this symbol means?

JOSH:
      Sorry, I don’t really know much about this stuff.

CARMEN walks down the stairs, she’s holding SILAS.

CARMEN:
      Stop harassing the customers, Josh. Here take Silas.

CARMEN hands SILAS, who begins to cry, to JOSH. JOSH walks over to the other side of the room with him. CARMEN looks at SADIE.

SADIE:
      Hi, I’m Sadie Paulsen, I work for the Vancouver Province. Could I ask you a question about something?

CARMEN:
      Depends on what the question is.

SADIE:
      I’m investigating those murders, the ones around the Stanley Park area. I found this symbol carved into a wall at one of the crime scenes. Have you ever seen it before?

SADIE hands her the picture, CARMEN analyzes it.

CARMEN:
      Can’t say I have.

SADIE:
      Could I leave you my number and one of the pictures? That way if you come across it or remember seeing it anywhere you can just call me.

SADIE takes a pen from her bag and writes her number on the back of one of the pictures.

CARMEN:
      Sure, I’ll call you if I find anything.

SADIE:
      Thanks.

SADIE leaves. CARMEN folds the picture and tosses it in a trashcan that’s under the counter, unknown to her, it miss the trashcan and slides further under the counter.

CARMEN:
      Freak…

CUT TO:
      The entrance of Stanley Park. TAYLOR and SULLIVAN are standing near the entrance waiting for CAL. CAL spots them and walks over to them.

TAYLOR:
      Did you find anything worthwhile out?

CAL:
      Yeah, I found a symbol carved into the wall at one of the crime scenes. What did you find?

SULLIVAN:
      Apparently, a demon lurks around the park at night. So, I’m thinking that maybe the demon’s just pissed that his territories being visited by hundreds of people daily.

TAYLOR:
      Maybe the symbol is it’s way of marking its territory?

CAL:
      Each of the victims has a letter carved into their necks. Plus, why would a demon stab its victims?

TAYLOR:
      Not all demons necessarily have powers. Even if it has powers, it could just be healing or invisibility. Something used to protect itself in a nonviolent way.

CAL:
      A demon’s a demon. They’re all violent, that’s the reason we kill them.

TAYLOR:
      Not everything’s black and white, Cal. Demons can be good.

CAL:
      If that’s the case, maybe we shouldn’t kill demons anymore, since they apparently have feelings now. I mean, I wouldn’t kill a person who was evil so why should we kill demons that are evil?

TAYLOR:
      There’s a difference. The police handles people. Demons on the other hand, they do what they want and answer to themselves.

CAL:
      So, you really think this demon’s just trying to protect it’s self?

TAYLOR:
      Possibly, wouldn’t you fight for the thing you care about the most? Would it make you bad doing so?

SULLIVAN:
      We can’t get them to just close the park though. We may end up having to kill it.

TAYLOR:
      You’re probably right. Now we got to find out what kind of demon it is. Me and Sullivan will go into research mode, you just keep looking around here.

CUT TO:
      The motel room. TAYLOR is sitting at a table, she’s got the laptop open. She’s researching the symbol. SULLIVAN is sitting across from her, he’s looking through several books that are scattered across the table.

TAYLOR:
      You know, all my time at the Watcher’s Academy and I’ve never seen this symbol. Maybe it is just some psycho who likes to crave crap into his victims? You know, it could his or her calling card.

SULLIVAN:
      I think you’re right. I mean, the bodies didn’t look mutilated, right? I doubt a demon would just carve some symbol and leave the body. Wouldn’t they feed?

TAYLOR:
      That’s the thing. Cal said the first were in New Jersey and the latest were here.

SULLIVAN:
      Maybe there’s more than one of them?

TAYLOR:
      Or it could be one person that travels?

TAYLOR looks down at the laptop. She looks up again.

TAYLOR:
      There she blows!

SULLIVAN:
      What is it?

TAYLOR:
      There’s a ex-watcher in town. Carmen White-Rayne, she runs a magic shop.

SULLIVAN:
      White Rain? Like the hair products?

TAYLOR:
      No, you dumbass. Her last name is White-Rayne. Speaking of which, it sounds familiar. The Rayne part anyway. I think we should go ask her for help. It’s worth a shot, right?

SULLIVAN:
      I guess, it wouldn’t hurt. Maybe she knows something else that we may have overlooked?

CUT TO:
      CAL is wondering around Stanley Park. It’s dark and after closing. There’s an eerie quiet, suddenly, the sound of a trashcan being knocked over is heard. CAL jumps a bit. A man is standing near the knocked over trashcan.

CAL:
      Shape shifter, figures.

CAL walks towards the MYSTERIOUS MAN, who continues to just stand there, watching CAL walk towards him.

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
      You might want to stop.

CAL:
      Let me guess, or you’ll kill me too?

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
      Yeah.

The MYSTERIOUS MAN swings at CAL, hitting him in the face hard. He falls to the ground, grabbing his lip.

CAL:
      So, what are you?

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
      Human… at least… for now.

The MYSTERIOUS MAN smiles and begins to punch CAL repeatedly. A shrieking can be heard, the MYSTERIOUS MAN is tackled by something unseen. CAL looks up at the attackers, it’s eyes glow red. Nothing else is visible, just it’s eyes. CAL gets up and runs, leaving the MYSTERIOUS MAN and the RED EYED FIGURE to fight.

CUT TO:
      The Sacred Circle, it’s late and near closing. CARMEN’S standing behind the counter, polishing her shotgun. TAYLOR and SULLIVAN walk in, they stop for a second after noticing CARMEN’S gun.

TAYLOR:
      Nice gun! Looks like an antique!

CARMEN:
      Why yes. I got it into working order and everything.

TAYLOR:
      With all those murders it’s best to protect yourself, I guess.

CARMEN:
      I’m really not worried about that.

TAYLOR:
      I’m just going to cut to the chase; I need your help with something.

CARMEN:
      Let me guess, you want to know about that symbol?

SULLIVAN:
      So, you’ve been investigating it too?

CARMEN:
      No, some other girl just came in and was asking about it. The half of a heart with the two dots next to it?

TAYLOR:
      Yeah, that’s one.

CARMEN:
      Sorry, never seen it.

TAYLOR turns to go away, but something clicks in her head. She turns around and makes Carmen flinch for a second.

TAYLOR:
      Rayne! I remember it now. Arthur Rayne.

CARMEN:
      You know my husband?

TAYLOR:
      You’re his wife? I knew him from the Watcher’s Council. How’s he doing no a days?

CARMEN:
      He’s in a coma, thanks for asking.

CARMEN goes back to polishing her gun, annoyed.

TAYLOR:
      Oh, sorry to hear that.

CARMEN ignores her.

TAYLOR: We have to go now…

TAYLOR and SULLIVAN leave.

CUT TO:
      Taylor and Sullivan arrive back at the motel. They find Cal, who’s got a busted lip, sitting on one of the beds with a small bag of ice to his mouth.

TAYLOR:
      What happened to you?

CAL:
      I got attacked by some guy, I’m guessing the person who’s doing the killing. He seemed pretty human to me but the odd part is, I was saved by something. I didn’t see what it was but it had these red eyes. I’m guessing the monster at Stanley Park is really not as bad as everyone thought.

SULLIVAN:
      We’ve got a long night ahead of us. I’ll go get some coffee.

CAL:
      I’ll go get it. I need some air.

He begins to walk out but turns around.

CAL:
      [Cont’d] What did you guys learn?

TAYLOR:
      There’s some other woman trying to find out who’s killing people and that the symbol. Doesn’t seem to be demonic.

CAL:
      Alright, I’ll be back in a little bit.

CUT TO:
      A coffee shop. It’s late and closing is approaching, the only people there are the man behind the counter and SADIE. She’s getting an order, a man walks in, it’s the MYSTERIOUS MAN that is responsible for the murders. He pushes SADIE out of the way. The MYSTERIOUS MAN grabs the man behind the counter and slams him into the glass counter breaking it. The man’s bleeding and still alive until the MYSTERIOUS MAN breaks his neck. He looks over to SADIE, who fidgeting with a camera phone. He yanks the phone from her hand and throws it to the ground, breaking it. He grabs SADIE by the throat and smiles.

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
      Found you.

END ACT II: COMMERICAL BREAK
      Last edited by Thomas; 26-05-07, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Act 3:

OPEN TO:
        The outside of the coffee shop. SADIE is thrown out the window of the store and lands in the street. The MYSTERIOUS MAN climbs out through the window after her. CAL sees this and runs over to help her.

CAL:
        Leave her alone!

The MYSTERIOUS MAN continues to walks towards SADIE. CAL punches the MYSTERIOUS MAN, who stumbles back a bit.

CAL:
        Run!

She does, leaving CAL and MYSTERIOUS MAN to fight. SULLIVAN and Taylor run out of the motel and see CAL fighting the MYSTERIOUS MAN. They both run to help CAL. The MYSTERIOUS MAN throws CAL into a wall. The MYSTERIOUS MAN then pulls out a knife and walks toward CAL but SULLIVAN punches him in the head. The MYSTERIOUS MAN swings his knife and almost hits SULLIVAN but CAL knocks SULLIVAN out of the way, and gets stabbed instead.

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
        Oops.

A smile creeps on his face as he walks away. Sullivan and Taylor run to CAL’S side.

CUT TO:
        SADIE running down a street. She looks behind her and sees that the MYSTERIOUS MAN is approaching her from a distance, walking slowly in basic slasher movie killer fashion. She continues to run, she makes a dash into an alley but discovers she’s backed into a wall. The MYSTERIOUS MAN appears at the end of the alley.

SADIE:
        Why are you killing all these people, what’s the sense?

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
        I’ve been searching for you Sadie. I need you to do something for me and if you agree, the killing will stop. If you refuse, I’ll just continue to kill innocent people because you refuse to accept your destiny.

As he talks he begins to walk closer and closer to her. He grabs her by the throat and pins her against the wall.

MYSTERIOUS MAN:
        You can’t fight destiny.

SADIE struggles for a minute, she manages to pull out a taser. She tasers him, he falls to the ground from the jolt of electricity. She runs, he watches her as she gets away, he smiles devilishly.

CUT TO:
        The outside of the coffee shop. SULLIVAN is applying pressure to Cal’s wound. Cal’s having trouble breathing.

SULLIVAN:
        It’s going to be alright, Cal. You’ll get through this.

TAYLOR:
        If the ambulance doesn’t get here soon, I don’t think he’ll make it. The wounds is the area his lung is, it might of hit his lung.

CAL tries to murmur something.

SULLIVAN:
        Everything is going to be okay.

Cal breathing begin to become even slower and weaker. He begins to take his last breathes. Taylor watches in shock from a distance, her eyes begin to water. SULLIVAN stands up, a pained expression on his face.

SULLIVAN:
        He’s gone.

CUT TO:
        SADIE’S apartment. She’s got a duffle bag, she quickly through different items in it. “Running Up That Hill” a cover by Placebo plays throughout this scene. (Lyrics below)

It doesn't hurt me.
        You want to feel how it feels?
        You want to know that it doesn't hurt me?
        You want to hear about the deal that I'm making?
        You,(be running up that hill)
        You and me. (be running up that hill)

CUT TO:
        Forest. SULLIVAN and TAYLOR are digging a grave for CAL. “Running Up That Hill” continues to play throughout this scene. (Lyrics below)

And if I only could,
        I'd make a deal with God,
        And I'd get him to swap our places,
        Be running up that road,
        Be running up that hill,
        Be running up that building.
        If I only could, oh...

CUT TO:
        SADIE’S finishes getting her things. She runs out of the door. Up the street, unknown to her, the MYSTERIOUS MAN is standing there, watching her run away. “Running Up That Hill” continues to play throughout this scene. (Lyrics below)

You don't want to hurt me,
        But see how deep the bullet lies.
        Unaware I'm tearing you asunder.
        There is thunder in our hearts, baby

CUT TO:
        Forest. SULLIVAN and TAYLOR are walking from the van. CAL’S body is covered by a sheet, they carry it over to the freshly dug grave. They lower his body into the ground. “Running Up That Hill” continues to play throughout this scene. (Lyrics below)

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
        Tell me, we both matter, don't we?
        You, (be running up that hill)
        you and me. (be running up that hill)
        You and me won't be unhappy.

CUT TO:
        SADIE walks down the street, silently. Looking at all the things she’s about to leave behind. “Running Up That Hill” continues to play throughout this scene. (Lyrics below)

And if I only could,
        I'd make a deal with God,
        And I'd get him to swap our places,
        Be running up that road,
        Be running up that hill,
        Be running up that building,
        If I only could, oh...

CUT TO:
        The van. SULLIVAN and TAYLOR are loading supplies in the van. Nether of them are talking, it’s silent. TAYLOR hands SULLIVAN another bag and he palaces it into the van. He stops and furiously hits the van, making a slight dent in the side. TAYLOR looks at him, crossing her arms. An instrumental version of “Running Up That Hill” plays throughout this scene.

TAYLOR:
        Do you want to talk about it?

SULLIVAN:
        No, I don’t. There’s nothing to talk about, I’m fine.

TAYLOR:
        Yeah, well, you look fine. Sit down, we’re talking.

SULLIVAN:
        Damnit Taylor! I said there’s nothing to talk about!

TAYLOR:
        Our friend was just murdered! No, nothing is fine, Sullivan! He’s gone and we need to talk about what we’re going to do now!

SULLIVAN:
        I’m dropping you off in New York. You can go back to your life.

TAYLOR:
        Okay, what are you going to do? Huh? What Sullivan?!

SULLIVAN:
        I’m plan on track the bastard who killed him down, I’m gonna kill him. I don’t care if he’s human, he‘s still a monster.

TAYLOR:
        I’m not letting you kill anyone and I’m not leaving because, quite frankly, if I do, you’ll starve to death on some random road after you run out of gas. I’m the money source remember. Plus, your as bad at navigating as Cal.

SULLIVAN:
        I’m not letting you get hurt.

TAYLOR:
        Well, by killing someone, that’ll hurt me in a way you can even imagine. Don’t become that person!

SULLIVAN:
        He needs to pay-

TAYLOR interrupts him.

TAYLOR:
        And you’re the person to do that? Think it through, just move on, we do a dangerous job, death is apart of our lives. It always has been. Please, let’s just get out of here. Continue what he started, that’s the best way to remember him not by seeking revenge on some guy who could be anywhere. We’ll never find him, ever.

SULLIVAN:
        I don’t know how to move on. He was my best friend.

TAYLOR:
        I know, but he was against killing humans. No matter how bad they are. He’d want us to continue saving people and he’d want us to keep the van safe so you better apologies for hitting her.

There’s a long pause between them. TAYLOR walks over to SULLIVAN, she hugs him tightly.

TAYLOR:
        [Cont’d] It’s going to be alright. We’ll get through this.

The continue to hug as the scene fades.

CUT TO:
        A highway. It’s dark, a lone person is walking along it, it’s revealed to be SADIE. She was a duffle bag slung over her shoulder. Headlights shine on her as each car passes, finally, a van pull over to the side. “Running Up That Hill” by Placebo resumes playing. (Lyrics below)

"C'mon, baby, c'mon darling,
        Let me steal this moment from you now.
        C'mon, angel, c'mon, c'mon, darling,
        Let's exchange the experience, oh..."

Someone peaks their head out of the window, it’s TAYLOR.

TAYLOR:
        Hey, are you alright?

SADIE turns around, she sighs in relief as she walks over to the van.

SADIE:
        Yeah, I need a ride, though. I need to get out of town really bad.

TAYLOR:
        [Jokingly] Who doesn’t, right? Get in, where are you headed?

SADIE opens the sliding door and climbs into the back. She places her bag on the floor beside her.

SADIE:
        Um, I’ll go as far as you’ll take me.

TAYLOR:
        Well, you got a ride from the right people. I’m Taylor by the way. This is Sullivan, he‘s not talking much lately. He’s the Silent Bob to my Jay.

TAYLOR nudges SULLIVAN, he forces a smirk.

SADIE:
        Sadie Paulsen. It’s nice to meet you both and thank you so much.

TAYLOR:
        Our pleasure.

SULLIVAN puts the van into gear and they ride off into the night, unaware that destiny has been set into motion.

CUT TO:
        Black

END EPISODE.

IN ASSOCIATION WITH:

RAVEN © Alexander Brown and Travis Truant-Simpson
        SORCERESS OF CRIMSON FALLS © Travis Truant-Simpson
        BROKEN DESTINY © Joseph Sessumes with Alexander Brown
        And THE REALM BELOW © Alexander Brown and Amber Rose
        Last edited by Thomas; 26-05-07, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Trivia

Feel free to PM me feedback or post it in my Buffyworld feedback thread whenever the forums comeback.

- Taylor’s last name is Peyton. That’s a nod to Hilarie Burton’s character on One Tree Hill, Peyton Sawyer.

- Carman White-Rayne appears in this episode. The episode was written in Burnaby solely to have Carmen featured. Sadie was originally from Boston and would have had ties with Faith.

- Early drafts of the series had Sullivan, then named Kenndell, Taylor, and Faith. Faith was traveling with them because she was running from the police. This was before it was apart of the RAVENverse.

- Taylor was originally intended to be Kennedy’s half-sister. Conflicts with Broken Destiny caused the re-write in Taylor’s family. It was also considered making Taylor the daughter of Quentin Travers.

- The original concept was an episode of Shadyside, my other series that’s in the works. Taylor, Cal, and Sullivan, then Kenndell, came to Shadyside while tracking down a fish demon. After Ian, one of the main characters, was attacked by the fish demon, Gunn and Kelley, another one of the main characters, decided to help them slay the fish demon. It would have served as a backdoor pilot for Roads Less Traveled.

- The title Roads Less Traveled comes from a website that I used early on in the series development. The site is an Urban Legends site that tells different Urban Legends across the United States. Some are being used in this series.

- Clifton, New Jersey is mentioned. Clifton, New Jersey was also mentioned in Supernatural Pilot.

- This series was inspired by Supernatural, the episode ‘Spiral’ in season 5 of Buffy, and the concept of the Faith spin-off with her traveling on a motorcycle.

- Taylor mentioned having a crush on Wesley when she was younger. Don’t be surprised if he appears later on. And don’t be surprised if any of the other characters have connection with other Jossverse or RAVENverse characters.

- ‘In Search of Little Sadie’ is a Bob Dylan song. All episode titles with be song titles. I chose songs because while traveling, people normally listen to lots of music.

- This is the 5th series in the RAVENverse.

Comment

Working...
          X