No announcement yet.

New Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck for Tuesday bespangled. I'm going to add a story I keep meaning to reread so it's a tentative rec but one I'll be disappointed if I don't enjoy it as much as I did the first time, Distress Signals by peaceheather. Also Clocks of the Long Now by lostboy I have some issues with characterisation in but it is really well written and a good read.

Comment

I have recommended all of coaltiongirl's comic fics earlier on this rec but I want to throw in another rec for one of her stories especially. It is - I think - her longest comic fic and it's called Embers. It is set in season 9 with Buffy dealing with the aftermath of Twilight, the disappearance of magic, Giles' death, the wrath of the former slayers and some additional stuff. Oh, and residual feelings for Spike that come surfacing but Spike and Buffy are just friends nowadays, aren't they? This is so very well written and has got such a season nine vibe but with a plot of its own and some - many scenes - we didn't see in the comics but should have. If you like the comics you should totally read Embers.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...201&view=all#6

flow
      Last edited by flow; 29-03-20, 01:58 PM.
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been a long time since I read this but I remember thinking it was good too.

• Double Dutchess
        Double Dutchess commented
        Editing a comment
        All coalitiongirl's stories are good!

Another Spuffy comic fic recommendation. This one is unusual as it also hints at Xander/Buffy and it does not really have a HEA Spuffy ending. But it's not a devastating ending either. It's more or less left to the reader's imagination. The story is set in early season 8 and it has got a different take on who is behind Twilight although this is not in the least the main focus of the story. The main focus of the story is Buffy and Spike meeting for the first time after Chosen. It's really well done and also Willow and Xander are both excellently written.
      The story is called Back to Black and it has been written by our very own KoC. You can find the story in the archive here on buffyforums. I am not sure if it has been published anywhere else but I don't think it has.

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...k-pg-13?t=1825

flow

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I've read this at some point browsing through the forum! I loved it, especially that enigmatic ending...I thought it was an amazing "post-Chosen" meet

Strawberry Shortcake by Miss Luci is very short and sweet. It was written after we joked on the EF Facebook group about the scene in the French Restaurant in First Dates. Buffy tries Robin's dessert and says "This is the best thing I've ever had in my mouth." The next shot is on Spike who stands at the table and looks very sad. he probably has made a dessert for Buffy once and now he thinks she hadn't liked it ...

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...t=ok&warning=5

flow

Comment

(Zeus and Hera's 'Epic Snark Battles' presents...) "The Great Face-Off" by Touchstoneaf - Spuffy are pawns of the Greek Gods.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6427

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
          Okay, so it seems to not be that angsty. I will definitely give it a try then.

For now, I have started Midway of Speech and Thought by TheHouskeeper on Elysian Fields. It's a post Chosen story and I really like the authors writing style. I can't say much more for now because I have only read the first chapter so far.

flow
          I've started this and am on chapter 3. I'm really enjoying it and would recommend it. Did you ever finish if flow?

Comment

Big Bad Boyfriend by bewildered on EF. Just a fun fic, with no bashing at all. Really great read, I'd highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
            X