Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

New Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Are Your Specs by Sigyn is a lovely little one chapter fic about the specs Spike gave Warren for the BuffyBot.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=5427

Comment

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6235

a matter of taste by twinkles. She's a great writer and always has original stories
      ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

Hey, flow!

I am stuck in a theater as always - just twiddling my thumbs waiting for a 1000 lighting adjustments - so I thought I would start collecting various old threads to be preserved. I’ve already done a cut and paste of half of the old Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations into Word, preserving all the suggestions by various posters and the links (If possible).

I had no problem getting into the thread unlike others, so I was thinking of maybe posting this version in a separate folder in Fanfiction if that’s okay with everyone? That way, at least we won’t lose the thread, which was a great resource!

I’m currently on page 17 of 33, so it shouldn’t be that much longer, I hope. Will probably post it tonight if you like and then maybe get started on the Rewatch threads just in case they can’t be saved and at least fix all the punctuation corruption. Stoney, I can at least save everything but the pictures - at least for posterity.

Usually, I’m just doing logic puzzles or reading while waiting, so this gives me something useful to do!

Comment

• flow
          flow commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be absolutely fantastic! <3

Wow Aurora, not small projects! Were you meaning to just save the reviews, as I definitely have the text from each of them, but not all the picture links saved (some did, I think Word just didn't cope with the file I created because it had all of a season's reviews in the one doc). At the moment if anyone who can't access a thread logs out they should be able to access the thread they couldn't when logged in. The problem oddly seems to be linked to being logged in, but Hunga Munga, who registered since the upgrade, has also said that they haven't found any they can't access yet. So I'm not sure it will stay a problem. Likewise the problem with the punctuation might be fixable.

I'm really grateful that you are looking at this (I currently can't get into seasons 4, 5 or 6 without logging out myself), but to be honest it's hard to say whether a save will even be needed, I suppose there is always the risk of them becoming totally inaccessible but I don't want you to waste a tremendous amount of time if they are fixed. Or even if they are always accessible just from logging out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          Wow Aurora, not small projects! Were you meaning to just save the reviews, as I definitely have the text from each of them, but not all the picture links saved (some did, I think Word just didn't cope with the file I created because it had all of a season's reviews in the one doc). At the moment if anyone who can't access a thread logs out they should be able to access the thread they couldn't when logged in. The problem oddly seems to be linked to being logged in, but Hunga Munga, who registered since the upgrade, has also said that they haven't found any they can't access yet. So I'm not sure it will stay a problem. Likewise the problem with the punctuation might be fixable.

I'm really grateful that you are looking at this (I currently can't get into seasons 4, 5 or 6 without logging out myself), but to be honest it's hard to say whether a save will even be needed, I suppose there is always the risk of them becoming totally inaccessible but I don't want you to waste a tremendous amount of time if they are fixed. Or even if they are always accessible just from logging out.
          Ha, okay, perhaps I’m sounding a bit too ambitious. I wasn’t planning on preserving and posting the Rewatch Threads in the next week - only as a future project!

Thank goodness you saved all the reviews! I was thinking of all the responses as well, though - some of them are incredible and I go back to them all the time when thinking about an episode. Now it’s hard to do so because there’s all this symbolism in the way that acts as a grawlix. As an avid comic reader, my mind keeps supplying dirty words in place of an apostrophe. So when you post about “Spike @#$&! s soul” - I get a very different picture than what was intended!

I’m primarily concerned with the corruptions everywhere in the Rewatch thread when it comes to punctuation. I’ve logged in and out and they’re still there - for me at least. I was just thinking of saving the whole thread (through cut and paste) into Word and then - if the punctuation problem can’t be fixed - they could be preserved somehow. I’ll just copy the entirety of the threads (which takes no time at all) and wait to see how things pan out.

However, preserving the little Spuffy Fanfiction thread was easy as pie.

Comment

Yes, the punctuation corruptions are a separate issue to opening the threads and being logged in or not.

It would be great to save the threads for all the responses as well as the reviews themselves. As a mod I can go into all the posts and could edit out the corruptions, but it would take me a very loooooong time and I'm hoping that a site wide fix will be possible somehow. I'm just glad they are still there at the moment but the uncertainty of what fixes are going to be possible is what has me holding back on trying to get the S7 rewatch restarted again. We need to soon though.

Comment

Priceless:
              I'd like to recommend
              Healing by Kimi
              I just noticed there is a "companion piece" to Healing. It's called gnilaeH (no kidding) and it's also by Kimi:

http://www.allaboutspike.com/fic.html?id=288

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                Priceless:

I just noticed there is a "companion piece" to Healing. It's called gnilaeH (no kidding) and it's also by Kimi:

http://www.allaboutspike.com/fic.html?id=288

flow
                Thank you for this flow. I hadn't seen this fic, so it'll go on my 'to read' list now

Comment

Hills of Iowa by Moonmoth is just a lovely ficlet, has a great Riley Finn and actually a fantastic Buffy who feels real

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=4246

Comment

• GoSpuffy
                    GoSpuffy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've added it to my bookshelf. I like the author but generally skip over the PG stuff.

His Girl by Sigyn is really sweet. She's such a good writer.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=4304

Comment

Historical Point by Gillo - ficlet slice of life, very nicely written

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=5045

Comment

What are the best post NFA stories that don't deal too much with the comics. I've been on a Spuffy binge and that is my sweet spot.
                      Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
                        GoSpuffy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tell me your suggestions! I love these too!!

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
                      What are the best post NFA stories that don't deal too much with the comics. I've been on a Spuffy binge and that is my sweet spot.
                      I would recommend
                      Distance by Herself, where Buffy goes to help Spike after the LA apocalypse
                      My Life Closed Twice by anaross
                      Spike's Girl by Herself
                      Stay by anaross
                      Sunsets by Abby
                      The Feelings of Being in Motion Again by bayloriffic
                      Hills of Iowa by Moonmoth

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
                        200 More MilesOf Postcardblues by callherblondie on LJ
                        A Better Man by sunalso on EF
                        A Terrible Thing by Herself on EF
                        Closer by TheHousekeeper on EF
                        Colors by anaross on AO3
                        Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground by cousinjean on EF
                        Encapsulatedby BillieLiar on EF
                        Nevertime by anaross on EF

One Night in London by Stephwin on EF
                        Paper Thin Line by Priceless on AO3
                        Poetic License by cousinjean on EF
                        The Sharing Game by stuffandnonsense on AO3

I only recced fics Pricey hasn't already recced. Otherwise My Life Closed Twice and Stay would be in my list too.

flow

................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Thank you! I can load my kindle. Having another disc fusion Tuesday which will leave me with seven fused discs. Fan fiction keeps me sane.
                          Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Working...
                          X