Rare Pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
    That's an abomination the thought of which can only be removed with mind-bleach. You are a bad person..

In addition to not wanting to see it, I can't see it. Class might be an issue. Spike thinks Angel's a ponce - and he's insecure around him. Imagine what he'd be like if confronted with Lucifer, King of Hell and Noel Coward sound-alike (which is apparently what TE was going for - not Leslie bloody Phillips ). Lucifer might be less resistant though. He does some really interesting things with car batteries - the De Soto might be useful. Maybe they'd bond over cars? D'you think Spike would like Lucifer's Corvette?

I think they could be friends - I can see Spike and Maze working!
    Spike/Lucifer isn't a combination I particularly care for either and I apologise for even suggesting such a thing.

Ellis is very Leslie Philips, I don't care what he says . . . ding dong He's certainly not sophisticated enough to be Coward-like. I agree, as Luci is a little like Angel, Spike would feel intimidated and behave appallingly, which could be fun for everyone involved.

I've not seen enough of the show to garner Maze's character. Is she Buffy-like?

- - - Updated - - -

A pairing I would love to see is Lorne and Doyle. I wrote them in a platonic relationship as part of one of my stories and I love how funny it came out. I think they'd be a cute couple.
    Doyle/Lorne would be a lovely pairing. I imagine it quite sweet and sweetly sexy. I'd definitely read that.

Comment

Priceless:

I've not seen enough of the show to garner Maze's character. Is she Buffy-like?
      No - she's Spike - with breasts! At least she admits to shagging an Angel.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
        I used to read Anya/Giles until I realized that the popular theme of the pairing is Giles being more tolerable towards Anya's antics than Xander, and it's just not true. Giles wanted to fire Anya at one point and usually rolled his eyes at her, not to mention snapping at her to get to the point in The Gift. I'd say he tolerates her less than Xander does. There are plenty of times that show Xander enjoying Anya's way of talking and thinking, but I've yet to see something similar with Giles.
        How about Anya / Wesley then? Like Giles his watcher background would give him an understanding of her idiosyncrasies and appreciate all her demon knowledge .

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I like the idea of Wesley/Anya. These are definitely opposites and Wesley would struggle to handle her. They could be fun together

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
            How about Anya / Wesley then? Like Giles his watcher background would give him an understanding of her idiosyncrasies and appreciate all her demon knowledge .
            I actually like Anya/Giles. I just don't like mellowing Giles's character to show that he's a much more understanding man. He's not. And that makes Anya/Giles FUN! I don't enjoy reading about perfect couples. I enjoy struggles, because real life couples don't really love every single thing about each other, but eventually they learn to live with them.

I never really thought about Wesley/Anya. That would be interesting. Perhaps after the whole Entropy mess, Anya decides to leave Sunnydale for good and ends up in LA, where she finds Hallie. Hallie tells her about cursing Wesley because of what he did to baby Connor, but she can't work out the curse because Connor is in another reality - hence unable to make a wish. She asks Anya for help, telling her that Wesley chained a woman in his closet and that Anya could ask the woman to make a wish. Anya goes to Wesley's apartment and finds him there, she can't reveal her identity, so they chat... my muse stopped here.
            Made by Trickyboxes
            Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

It's probably not as rare as I think, if Xander/caleb are the example, but what about Ethan and Giles? They could get up to all kinds of good stuff together.

I hope Caleb apologized for the eye thing before they got groiny.
              Ethan and Giles used to have their own website. They are actually a canon pairing btw... (they all slept together by Giles' actual admission, and Whedon confirmed there was something 'there')

my favorite Giles/Ethan saga is 'Of Old Mystics' - it's on AO3 - https://archiveofourown.org/series/639

Before I read this, I had no use for slash. This also influenced me to actually try to write my own fanfic, so it had quite an effect on me.

The idea of Caleb and Xander together makes me want to hurl... both in the throwing things sense and the vomiting sense.

While we are speaking of odd pairings, there's the (actually quite well done) story where Willow pairs up with... Severus Snape.

Then there's the one about Spike copulating with a desk but that one resulted from a typo and I can't find it at the moment. (it is very, very funny...)

Comment

DBJ

While we are speaking of odd pairings, there's the (actually quite well done) story where Willow pairs up with... Severus Snape.
                I've never read a HP book nor have I seen a HP film. I'm not going to go in through the back door (so to speak). I'm not sure how I feel about ships across different programmes/platforms. Not that there's anything intrinsically "wrong" with them (except for Luffy? BuffyStar? ). I just don't have the imagination to make them work.

I enjoyed Slaysoftly's Lucifer/BtVS (but the ships were strictly Spuffy/Deckerstar) and there's a really good Lucifer/Good Omens fic in progress (but again using the "established" ships). About the only crossover ship I've enjoyed (and I haven't read many) was Zoe/Spike in (I've forgotten) but crossing from one Whedonverse to another doesn't actually require Olympic standard reading skills.

I'm fairly sure DBJ writes crossover fic (apologies if you don't). How do others feel. Am I totally inept on my own?
                sigpic

Comment

I've read two crossover fics, and both were very good, but both also contained Spuffy. One was the Zoe/Spike one, in which Spike only goes back to Zoe once Buffy is dead, and the other (by Signy?? I can't remember) had Jack Harkness (Torchwood) as The Immortal. Buffy is mourning Spike and he's mourning someone . . . can't remember and didn't watch the show. Eventually Spike comes back, but to be honest Harkness was written so well that it was touch and go whether Buffy would leave him for Spike

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I've read two crossover fics, and both were very good, but both also contained Spuffy. One was the Zoe/Spike one, in which Spike only goes back to Zoe once Buffy is dead, and the other (by Signy?? I can't remember) had Jack Harkness (Torchwood) as The Immortal. Buffy is mourning Spike and he's mourning someone . . . can't remember and didn't watch the show. Eventually Spike comes back, but to be honest Harkness was written so well that it was touch and go whether Buffy would leave him for Spike
                    Yeah...that's the Zoe/Spike one I read. Capt. Jack - if it had been Capt John I could understand (a three-way perhaps? Or even a four-way - now that would be interesting! ). Puns/innuendos aside, there's still a conduit of sorts here (Buffy falling for someone who fell for someone who looked like Spike's a bit convoluted but still a connection). How about a fic between - I dunno - Buffy and Greg House? Spike and Sherlock?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah...that's the Zoe/Spike one I read. Capt. Jack - if it had been Capt John I could understand (a three-way perhaps? Or even a four-way - now that would be interesting! ). Puns/innuendos aside, there's still a conduit of sorts here (Buffy falling for someone who fell for someone who looked like Spike's a bit convoluted but still a connection). How about a fic between - I dunno - Buffy and Greg House? Spike and Sherlock?
                      If it were short, I'd read a Buffy & House or Spike & Sherlock fic. Not sure about any romance between them. Which Sherlock is it? I'm not a Cumberbatch fan, but Rathbone could be a goer

Comment

I'm not into crossovers, but I have read three I have enjoyed a lot.

The first ever crossover I read was BtVS/Queer As Folk: Xander continues his road trip after Oxnard and ends up in Pittsburgh. I have really enjoyed reading it even though I've never watched QAF.

Coming Out by spikedluv

The second crossover I have read was with Harry Potter. Willow and Xander becoming teachers at Hogwarts. Post-Chosen, Willow and Xander have been invited to teach at Hogwarts. The two best friends on a new mission to teach teenage witches and wizards the finer points of Defence Against the Dark Arts.

And We're Off by Xandra

The third crossover I have read with Merlin. Xander has an encounter he’ll probably never forget when he goes to meet a contact and make a delivery.

The Lightening Spark by Sparrow2000
                        Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Sosa Lola

The first ever crossover I read was BtVS/Queer As Folk
                          Okay - for a start Queer as Folk - the original QaF - happens here so Xander (better Spander) need to fly into Manchester Airport. If it's set in Manchester, I'm up for it - a confrontation between Spander, Little Finger from GoT and Jax Teller from SoA might be something to savour. Plus - they could go to a United match after. You write it Sosa Lola and I'll read it!*

Priceless:

Which Sherlock is it? I'm not a Cumberbatch fan, but Rathbone could be a goer
                          You're such an odd person!

*I really want this now!
                          Last edited by TriBel; 19-06-19, 12:55 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sosa Lola

Okay - for a start Queer as Folk - the original QaF - happens here so Xander (better Spander) need to fly into Manchester Airport. If it's set in Manchester, I'm up for it - a confrontation between Spander, Little Finger from GoT and Jax Teller from SoA might be something to savour. Plus - they could go to a United match after. You write it Sosa Lola and I'll read it!*
                            I haven't watched the US version nor the UK version, but I'm loving the idea of Spander in Manchester! Spike going all football crazed, and Xander being caught in the middle especially since he isn't a sports fan.
                            Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Huh. Origins: revelations is full of rare pairs it seems. Wesley and Dawn. That has to be rare.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Huh. Origins: revelations is full of rare pairs it seems. Wesley and Dawn. That has to be rare.
                                That's an odd one. How old is Dawn? I just cannot imagine these two being attracted to each other at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X