No announcement yet.

Rare Pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sosa lola, that's a wonderful ficlet. I can't imagine there are there many Snyder/Xander fics out there, they must be one of the rarest pairings

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Sosa lola, that's a wonderful ficlet. I can't imagine there are there many Snyder/Xander fics out there, they must be one of the rarest pairings
      I remember finding three Xander/Snyder fics in the past, I guess two of them were at fanfiction.net and another in an old Slash fic website.

I think the rarest Xander pairing would be Xander/Caleb... I've only found one fic.
      Made by Trickyboxes
      Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

It's probably not as rare as I think, if Xander/caleb are the example, but what about Ethan and Giles? They could get up to all kinds of good stuff together.

I hope Caleb apologized for the eye thing before they got groiny.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
          It's probably not as rare as I think, if Xander/caleb are the example, but what about Ethan and Giles? They could get up to all kinds of good stuff together.

I hope Caleb apologized for the eye thing before they got groiny.
          I think Ethan/Giles is a very popular ship. There are tons of fics about them.

Caleb/Xander is a interesting pairing and I'd be stuck how they'd get together if they kept true to their personalities. Caleb is a psychopath who kills young girls and hates women. That's a very difficult character to write a romance for. It would have to be pretty dark

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Caleb/Xander is a interesting pairing and I'd be stuck how they'd get together if they kept true to their personalities. Caleb is a psychopath who kills young girls and hates women. That's a very difficult character to write a romance for. It would have to be pretty dark
            The fic I found was a rape fic. It says Caleb/Xander, but it's not lovey-dovey. Caleb is disgusted by Xander following those women and being emasculated by them and he decided to teach him a lesson by raping him and calling him a "dirty woman" throughout the fic.
            Made by Trickyboxes
            Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

bespangled:
              http://decadent.popullus.net/index2.html

It's a Spike/Lilah Archive.
              I went onto this site and actually found not only the stories but also essays about fanfiction. One of them by cousinjean, one of my favorite fanfic authors. This site is an absolute gem!

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Agreed - I have no idea how I discovered it. I love the essays!
                Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Is Rupert / Spike rare? I've never heard of Rike or Spupert so I'm thinking it fills the bill. God the ship names alone put an end to it.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Is Rupert / Spike rare? I've never heard of Rike or Spupert so I'm thinking it fills the bill. God the ship names alone put an end to it.
                    Loving Rike and Spupert

I don't think Giles/Spike is rare. I don't think Spike with anyone is particularly rare, especially in slash fic. Giles is very popular too.

Comment

You'd like to imagine it would be. Going by the smaller number of fics listed by pairing on All About Spike it isn't the rarest. There is a listing for one story on there with Anne, as in Chanterelle I believe. Which made me hope that Spike/Anne, as in his mum, would be the rarest pair. I've little hope no stories exist for it, especially with how ready people are to create any pairing with Spike despite how hugely unlikely they are, but I definitely wouldn't be sad if there are zero for that.

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Spike/Anne-Mum fic as long as it doesn't go down the literal incest route. You've no idea how much I want to write Anne-Mum as Ann-e-Ma/Anima and go meandering through Jung (of whom I know bugger all!)I've been thinking about the "Does Angel love Darla" thread and the difference between how Angel loves and how Spike loves. I think Mother's the most significant factor. As Lucifer reminded me, Angels come into the world fully formed. They're literally created by God the Father. They "skip" the dyadic relationship with the mother - and the mother is the child's first love. Liam's mum's significant in her absence.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just checked and thankfully it's Spike/Anne as in Spike/Lily or Spike/Chanterelle. I also found Spike /Holden and Spike/Janice on the same site.

flow
                          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Ah I think I've heard about a Spike/Janice story where it was when he was triggered, so it might be that. Pretty yuk. I thought the Anne one was Chanterelle.

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post

Some people think pulling the wings off flies is fun...just sayin'. I can just about get my head around ships intimated by the original work. I fail miserably with ships that are not only "outside the box" but also destroyed the box in the process of leaving it!

I googled. The world has gone insane.

Out of interest, what does your imagination make of Connor/Willow (my imagination's put in a request for "leave of absence").
                              Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                              This is where I am tbh. I was genuinely taken aback by how much people shipped non-canon pairings when I joined fandom, but I've seen on various fanfic sites over the years the sheer variety of ships that have been written about. Basically just any combination that can cross your mind. I'm not particularly interested in wondering how people can generate scenarios to try and make things off canon seem plausible (mostly I think it would just push characterisation beyond believability for me), but I do find the fact that people do it kind of fascinating in and of itself, even if I've no interest in reading the stories.
                              Their are some terrible stories and some excellent stories. Usually they go AU at the start of the relationship, and exist when a key point is changed - sort of a what if.... Spike/Giles (Spiles) is usually in a world where Buffy never returned from the dead in season 6. There are a few stories that take place before the series, and some where Giles is a vampire. Spike/Wesley almost always takes place before the series, or away AU. There is one rare pairing story - maybe the rarest of all - Spike/Giles/Wesley/Angel/Ethan. The story is Tea and Biscuits written just after the show ended.

A good writer can make the characters live and breathe in your head, and you can see why they make the decisions they do. A less adept writer can write pure canon and still not be able to engage you.
                              Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

A good writer can make the characters live and breathe in your head, and you can see why they make the decisions they do. A less adept writer can write pure canon and still not be able to engage you.
                                Christ, ain't that the truth!

Comment

Working...
                                X