Touching Your Fingers to a Lovers Lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching Your Fingers to a Lovers Lips

Have you even stopped your loved one from speaking by gently touching your fingertips to your significant other's lips? If you have, please tell me their response
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

I prefer to bark "Shut up" at them. It usually does the trick.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

No - I haven't*. There again, there's probably lots of things I haven't done with a lover and it's probably been a long time since I didn't do any of them.

On a more positive note, I bought a new Doc Marten backpack - it's nicer than I expected so everything's good with the world.

*It's really bugging you isn't it!?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
        I prefer to bark "Shut up" at them. It usually does the trick.

flow
        You romantic you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
        No - I haven't*. There again, there's probably lots of things I haven't done with a lover and it's probably been a long time since I didn't do any of them.

On a more positive note, I bought a new Doc Marten backpack - it's nicer than I expected so everything's good with the world.

*It's really bugging you isn't it!?
        There are a lot of things in fanfic that I've never done . . . riding a desoto . . . wearing pleather pants . . . you know, that sorta thing

It's not bugging me really I like stories that feel real . . . but then just because I don't do something doesn't mean others don't either

Comment

I haven't done it but it doesn't bother me when I read it in fanfics. I never even noticed how common it was until you pointed it out but now I see it is everywhere.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I googled it - did you google it? It's not on the Wiki list of gestures but putting your finger on your own lips seems to indicate your in league with Satan!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not gentle and loving enough to do that. If I'm wanting to shut up my other half it is generally because I'm annoyed. I think the finger to lip gesture is supposed to be tender and romantic and I'm just not ever those. If my other half ever did it to me I'd be infuriated at being 'shushed', it wouldn't go down well at all and the one thing you can absolutely guarantee is that I wouldn't be quiet because of it.

It doesn't bother me when I read it in stories though or see it on tv/film because I accept there are plenty of fluffy/loving people in the world and they might think it's nice.

Comment

I've never done it in my life. It's a trope I see done a lot in movies and TV shows.
                Made by Trickyboxes
                Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Have you even stopped your loved one from speaking by gently touching your fingertips to your significant other's lips?

Comment

That is so creepy!

Comment

I was at a conference once when an MEP "shushed" me by putting his whole hand in front of my face. I swear to God, if he'd done it again I'd have "done a Hannibal" and bitten every bloody finger off!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                        I was at a conference once when an MEP "shushed" me by putting his whole hand in front of my face. I swear to God, if he'd done it again I'd have "done a Hannibal" and bitten every bloody finger off!
                        What a d***head! What is wrong with people

Comment

Indeed! What a plank!

I wish I had the power that Matt Smith's Doctor had - all he had to do was say "shush!" with his finger to his own lips and that would be that. It was supposed to work only on weak minds. Bit Jedi like. Very funny.

No, never done fingers to lips. Being OC, I'd probably feel the immediate need to cleanse my hands with gel, a la Robby Williams.
                          You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

You answered your own question. He had little hands and little fingers...finish the sentence for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

My choir teacher did this to me once in high school (put her hand over my mouth to stop me talking.) She made one mistake. She told me that if i bit her, ahe would bite me back! So of course I did! I wore a white uniform blouse with a bright orange lipstick print for the rest of the school year! Fun!

I totally adored her!

Blue (who has always been weird and inapprooriate)
                              Last edited by DeepBlueJoy; 06-12-18, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X