Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I presumed he was trying to
    Spoiler:
    tie Angel's soul because he knew Buffy would eventually leave him for Angel and he wanted her (and the kid) to be safe and happy (bloody idiot!)?

Decided to put that in spoilers in case folk haven't read it.
    Last edited by TriBel; 22-08-19, 02:33 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Just finished Sosa lola's Strangers https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=4420

Great fic, set in the comicverse with a maturer Spike and Buffy. Would highly recommend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Just finished Sosa lola's Strangers https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=4420

Great fic, set in the comicverse with a maturer Spike and Buffy. Would highly recommend.
        ""Well, we didn't get to finish it." Buffy dipped another cookie in her tea and took a bite. Ever since they'd started working on setting up their hideaway in Edinburgh, Buffy had come to appreciate tea, especially with cookies."

If Buffy found "cookies" of the non-shortbread variety in Edinburgh, then she's a better woman than I am. All you can buy in Edinburgh Old Town is shortbread and tartan scarves! I don't think I'd want to dip shortbread in tea...it feels wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
          ""Well, we didn't get to finish it." Buffy dipped another cookie in her tea and took a bite. Ever since they'd started working on setting up their hideaway in Edinburgh, Buffy had come to appreciate tea, especially with cookies."

If Buffy found "cookies" of the non-shortbread variety in Edinburgh, then she's a better woman than I am. All you can buy in Edinburgh Old Town is shortbread and tartan scarves! I don't think I'd want to dip shortbread in tea...it feels wrong.
          Oh shortbread is mentioned in this fic. I have dipped shortbread. There is not kind of biscuit/cookie that I haven't dipped

Comment

Oh shortbread is mentioned in this fic. I have dipped shortbread. There is not kind of biscuit/cookie that I haven't dipped
            Local colour then - and not of the tartan variety! Hob-Nobs...the Marines of the biscuit world - scientifically proven to be the only biscuit worth dunking.

Buffy knows best: "Ugh, no, it's too buttery." Buffy's nose was scrunched up like she had caught a whiff. She drew away from the extended cookies and picked up a hobnob."
            Last edited by TriBel; 15-09-19, 11:09 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Buffy dips the Hob Nob and is greatly satisfied with the hot melting biscuit in her mouth.

Spike, sporting a glinting eye, says 'Slayer, you ain't dipped till you've bitten the top and bottom off a Cadbury's Finger and used it as a straw to drink your tea,'

Buffy's mind was blown.

Comment

Buffy dips the Hob Nob and is greatly satisfied with the hot melting biscuit in her mouth.

Spike, sporting a glinting eye, says 'Slayer, you ain't dipped till you've bitten the top and bottom off a Cadbury's Finger and used it as a straw to drink your tea,'

Buffy's mind was blown.
                Beta

Concur with chocolate hobnobs and would add chocolate digestives to the list. For class - plain chocolate + espresso.

Spike. There is no way in hell he could draw through a chocolate finger unless he's buying partly hollow rejects from a Pound Shop. An attempt to draw up fluid would involve sucking his cheeks in to the extent that his cheekbones became a weapon of mass destruction.
                sigpic

Comment

• Still, I'd like to see him try.

Comment

Buffy dips the Hob Nob and is greatly satisfied with the hot melting biscuit in her mouth.

Buffy's mind was blown.
                    LOL! I've just re-read this - more innuendos than Up Pompeii! You are Frankie Howerd and I claim £5!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                      LOL! I've just re-read this - more innuendos than Up Pompeii! You are Frankie Howerd and I claim £5!
                      The more I read it, the worse it sounds

Comment

• The Price for Flight by Gwyneth Rhys
                        Lovely story from Spike's pov of trying to rebuild a relationship with Buffy after he returns with his soul.
                        https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=977

Comment

• Gwyneth Rhys is one of my favorite Spuffy writers.

flow
                          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
                            Gwyneth Rhys is one of my favorite Spuffy writers.

flow
                            I've added several of her stories to my bookshelf based on your recommendation. Seems she wrote in 2006 so somehow I missed her. Measure of a Man looks interesting, too bad it's likely to remain a WIP forever.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
                              Gwyneth Rhys is one of my favorite Spuffy writers.

flow
                              I'd recommend The Perfume of Kismet, that's really good too. We may have read it as a group? I can't remember

Comment

• Really enjoyed Tracker by spikes_evilbint. The Initiative stuff is horrible, but feels true. Spike's punishment is a bit silly, but it's got a nice happy ending.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/search.php

Comment

Working...
                                X