Fanfic Wishlist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanfic Wishlist!

Just write down the fanfic you wish to read!!! You never know, someone may get inspired and write it!

This is my wishlist, written months ago on Tumblr:

1. Tara as a student in Sunnydale High. (I started writing it here).

2. Xander’s father marrying Faith’s mother, and Xander and Faith becoming siblings. (Just saw this idea today and I really wanna read it!)

3. Willow and Tara as students in Hogwarts or teachers.

4. Sweet taking Xander to hell with him. But without Xander-bashing. ‘Cause the ones I saw are all about bashing Xander and that’s just lazy.

5. Buffy and Willow discover that Xander lied in Becoming. S3 being about Xander trying to win their trust back.

6. Dawn enrolling into a newly reformed watcher council to train as a watcher.

7. Xander having unrequited feelings for Spike. Spike never loves him back. Yes, I wanna hurt!

8. Jenny Calendar living beyond S2 and all the changes she’ll have on the cast and future events. (The_Eclectic_Bookworm wrote this here.)

9. Joyce discovering that Buffy was the Slayer in School Hard and the impact she’ll have.

10. Angel gets turned into a teenager Buffy’s age during S2. Giles pretending to be his guardian.

11. The world without one of the unpopular characters: Xander or Dawn or Riley. Any season. The world is a worse place without them. Showing all the effects on the characters, little and big.

12. A quadruple character swap. Buffy in Xander’s body, experiencing life as a normal human in a normal body. Xander in Spike’s, a vampire and chipped. Spike in Willow’s, goes to college and learns about modern poetry. Willow in Buffy’s, no more the sidekick, finally gets to be the Slayer.

13. Xander and Spike being turned into their 10 year old selves during S5 and their clothes shrink with them. Little William is speaking like the Vectorian he is, doesn’t get Xander’s slang, shocked by the cars, his own duster and his bleached hair. Little Xander believes that America is more advanced than England which is why William is having trouble with all the technology, protects William from the bullies, doesn’t understand why Jesse isn’t around, is awed by Buffy’s strength and wants to be strong like her.

Giles is very taken by all the facts about Victorian England, Willow and Dawn finding Little William’s fondness of books and poetry so endearing. Tara sensing Xander’s jealousy over all the attention William is getting, notices signs of abuse, loves and protects Little Xander at all costs.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

1. Any Spuffy fic set within the comics - there just aren't enough of these

2. A serious angsty Angel/Riley fic

Comment

Aw, I love this thread!
      I'll have to give this more thought. But off the top of my head, I would love to read:

GENERAL WISH LIST:

1. Realistically written friendships between Spike/Xander, Spike/Wood, Drusilla/Buffy, Angel/Xander.

(I realise this may have been done but I'm newish to fanfic and have read very little.)

SPUFFY WISH LIST:

1. Spike and Buffy meet in New York, post Chosen, she's a grad student at NYU or Columbia, she's still not over him but trying to hide it, he mistakenly believes she’s happy. Written like Hannah and Her Sisters meets Age of Innocence meets Mulholland Drive, with lots of yearning and snow. I may attempt to write this one day.

2. Spike and Buffy go on an actual DATE with each other. This is the 'courtship' stage of their relationship - since it wasn't explored on the show - there was never the time or opportunity for them to go on proper dates. They must authentically be themselves and sound like themselves. As if in canon. Post-Chosen/S6/ S7, with some alteration of canon. The Scoobies support them.

3. A metafictional romance. S5, post FFL. There's much angst, yearning, love & lust between Spike and Buffy. But his soullessness, Buffy’s sense of morality, factors like Glory, the obstacle of Riley, are keeping them apart. They both separately meet a mysterious man named Joss Whedon. He seems to know exactly what they're going through, what their hopes and dreams are and he helps defeat the Doc, preventing Buffy’s death. Joss enjoys playing matchmaker. He's a little evil at times, playing with their feelings. Buffy wonders if he’s the next Big Bad, he knows too much and is too insightful. Spike thinks he’s Willow’s poncy friend from a magic convention. No one really seems to know where he came from. Ultimately, Joss removes Spike’s chip through special powers and grants him a soul. In a few months, Buffy and Spike are no longer able to deny their feelings and openly announce their newfound relationship. This is just ridiculous, speculative fantasy, of course, not to be taken seriously.

4. A fanfic where Spike is feeling down & out and utterly convinced that Buffy doesn't love him the way he loves her…Until he gets the opportunity to look her mind for half an hour. And what he sees blows his mind.
      Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 25-05-18, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I'd love to read great, moving, clever, serious fics about Willow/Faith and Angel/Cordy. I've read a few fics with those pairings, but they haven't been very good. If anyone can recommend some, that would be great

Comment

A Wuffy fic! Give me William and Buffy either in the past or in the present or somewhere between or in another dimension. Whatever. I love those two together. I know, that there are already many wonderful Wuffy-fics, but I want more!

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post

GENERAL WISH LIST:

1. Realistically written friendships between Spike/Xander, Spike/Wood, Drusilla/Buffy, Angel/Xander.

Regarding Xander/Spike and Xander/Angel friendship, does that fic have to be Spuffy? Or you don't mind a purely friendship fic? 'Cause I think I can help.
            Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

A purely friendship one is good! If it has Spuffy, that's great, but it doesn't have to.
              But I probably wouldn't enjoy ones alluding to Buffy with Angel unless it's set in the early seasons, in which case it's fine.

EDIT: In which case, I probably would also enjoy cutesy, jokey Spander/ Spiley/ Spood, too.
              Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 26-05-18, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                A purely friendship one is good! If it has Spuffy, that's great, but it doesn't have to.
                But I probably wouldn't enjoy ones alluding to Buffy with Angel unless it's set in the early seasons, in which case it's fine.

EDIT: In which case, I probably would also enjoy cutesy, jokey Spander/ Spiley/ Spood, too.
                Rahirah has written a few: And Do the Things My Fathers Learned To Do, Mightier Than the Sword and Boys' Night Out

My La Femme Spander fic a silly Xander/Spike friendship fic with a Spuffy ending. It's co-written with Lusciousspike.

These are a couple of short fics about Spike's stay at Xander's place: The Unforgiven Boys by TerrusDacktellus and Seeing Things by Eowyn315.

If you're interested, here are some cutesy Spander fics I've written: Legal Guardians, Dawson's Creek and Buffy's Champion. (The last one isn't Spander)

Walking After Midnight by aadler. ِA semi-Xander and Angel friendship, though they're more reluctant partners trying to save the world than friends. But this fic is so well done. Aadler is a great writer.
                Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

SpuffyGlitz:

A metafictional romance. S5, post FFL...This is just ridiculous, speculative fantasy, of course, not to be taken seriously.
                  Oh I dunno. I think it's possible to read this as the intrusive author:

MORPHING MONSTER (as THE MASTER) (stands) ...right back to the beginning. Not the Bang... not the Word... the true beginning. The next few months are going to be quite a ride. And I think we're all going to learn something about ourselves in the process. You'll learn you're a pathetic schmuck, if it hasn't sunk in already. Look at you. Trying to do what's right, just like her. You still don't get it. It's not about right, not about wrong...it's about power.

Who wields more power in the 'verse than Whedon?
                  sigpic

Comment

In the talk about Giles, I was reminded that I have requested stories where the Council sends a replacement Watcher once Giles leaves in S6 — either while Buffy is still dead or after Tabula Rasa.

My request bore fruit, the delicious Unexpected Assignment by Hello_Spikey, in which Lydia is the new Watcher. Totally gen and totally great.

I think there is room for more interpretations of the general premise, though. I have seen variations wherein Spike becomes Buffy's de facto Watcher, but I'm not sure I buy that the Council would go for that.
                    Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

*Tribel
                      Oh I dunno. I think it's possible to read this as the intrusive author...Who wields more power in the 'verse than Whedon?
                      I know it would be, LOL! That's why it would tickle me. I enjoy the idea of this crazy amount of power invested in Spuffy in S5, unbeknownst to them. It's like Joss would be acting as an all-powerful author of their love story, removing all the obstacles to it, being their mega-powerful fairy-godmother, all during S5 events...and neither Buffy, Spike, nor the others would know it. I have my quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        1. Any Spuffy fic set within the comics - there just aren't enough of these
                        I've written one and have read a few. My all time favorite is:

Thought You Should Know by Emmie: Before the final battle in Not Fade Away, Spike sent Buffy a letter saying goodbye, never expecting to survive the fight or ever see her again. But survive he does only to discover there isn’t much room in Buffy's new world for long-lost romance. The reunited pair must face deception, betrayal, and oh yeah, a whole lot of people who want the Slayer and her allies dead. Permanently. Spike/Buffy, ensemble cast of Buffy and Angel. Set in the canon of the Season 8 and After the Fall comics. R. +100,000 words. Work In Progress.
                        Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Thanks Sosa lola for the rec, but I don't read WIP's, they're too disappointing. Emmie hasn't been back to this fic since 2012

Comment

I understand. It's such a shame because the fic is brilliant.
                            Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
                              I understand. It's such a shame because the fic is brilliant.
                              On my fanfic wishlist I would include;

If a fic hasn't been updated in over 3 years, another person can take it over and finish it. I think it's really sad when a story gets so far, and for whatever reason, the author can't finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X