Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    On my fanfic wishlist I would include;

If a fic hasn't been updated in over 3 years, another person can take it over and finish it. I think it's really sad when a story gets so far, and for whatever reason, the author can't finish.
    The thing about this is that you need the permission of the author to do so, and usually reaching the author is very hard. I once wanted to rewrite a Spander story with a few well drawn out original characters, but I was told it isn't ethical to do it unless the author agrees, and sadly the author hasn't been in fandom for years.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
      The thing about this is that you need the permission of the author to do so, and usually reaching the author is very hard. I once wanted to rewrite a Spander story with a few well drawn out original characters, but I was told it isn't ethical to do it unless the author agrees, and sadly the author hasn't been in fandom for years.
      I guess it's seen as stealing their work, though of course they'd get full credit. It could be in the terms and conditions when you join a fanfic site 'if you leave a work unfinished and the site does not register that you have opened the fic in a rolling three year period, said fic can be auctioned off to other authors who will then be bound by the same rules. All authors having input into the fic will be the named authors when/if fic ever completed' I think that would be brilliant and we'd have loads more finished fics

Does Elysian Fields or AO3 have a suggestions box?

Comment

I'm in a mood for a very long and angsty Xander/Larry high school romance.
        Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

My daughter was watching a trailer for Jojo Siwa’s movie “Blurt!” and it made me think of a fic idea where someone shy and hesitant start blurting out her true feelings, yes, I’m talking about Tara!

Problem with writing that kinda fic is that it could easily turn into Tara becoming the mouthpiece of the author, blurting out hard truths the author wants to say about the characters and it will end up not being true to the Tara character.
          Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

My daughter was watching a trailer for Jojo Siwa’s movie “Blurt!” and it made me think of a fic idea where someone shy and hesitant start blurting out her true feelings, yes, I’m talking about Tara!

Problem with writing that kinda fic is that it could easily turn into Tara becoming the mouthpiece of the author, blurting out hard truths the author wants to say about the characters and it will end up not being true to the Tara character.
            Isn't Tara sort of a mouthpiece anyway (magic works this and that way. Willow scores about this high right now on the villain-o-meter)?

Anyway, I guess a good way to make an introvert character extrovert, if it's going to be quick, is by turning them into a vampire or by some other McGuffin (truth-spell or a curse etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              A Wuffy fic! Give me William and Buffy either in the past or in the present or somewhere between or in another dimension. Whatever. I love those two together. I know, that there are already many wonderful Wuffy-fics, but I want more!

flow
              I'm pretty sure that is Billiam because Wuffy is taken by Willow Buffy.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Billiam! Good god. What a name. I mean, it makes sense but that's the first I've heard of it. Now I know to steer clear of fics labelled Wuffy - I'd always assumed that meant William and Buffy. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

eta: Oh wait, just realised Wuffy means Willow-Buffy, not Spike-Willow. I'm fine with reading those

Comment

Traditionally, Willow/Buffy was named Wiffy. New fans, however, tend to call it Wuffy. It's unfortunate.

Comment

Is there a consensus then about how William/Buffy fics are called? I`ve never heard the term Billiam before. Of course, if Wiffy is now vacant, they could be called Wiffy instead.

flow
                    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

How about bulliam? Or buffiam?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                        How about bulliam? Or buffiam?
                        Why would you give them names that sound a) like a form of abuse and b) like a shoe polish?

Sigh...sometimes you are callous and strange...
                        sigpic

Comment

Callous? No. Strange, yeah I'll own that.

I was thinking it sounded like bullion, you know gold bullion. Sounds like treasure to me.

Comment

13. Xander and Spike being turned into their 10 year old selves during S5 and their clothes shrink with them. Little William is speaking like the Vectorian he is, doesn’t get Xander’s slang, shocked by the cars, his own duster and his bleached hair. Little Xander believes that America is more advanced than England which is why William is having trouble with all the technology, protects William from the bullies, doesn’t understand why Jesse isn’t around, is awed by Buffy’s strength and wants to be strong like her.

Giles is very taken by all the facts about Victorian England, Willow and Dawn finding Little William’s fondness of books and poetry so endearing. Tara sensing Xander’s jealousy over all the attention William is getting, notices signs of abuse, loves and protects Little Xander at all costs.
                            I would totally love to read this story!

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                            1. Realistically written friendships between Spike/Xander, Spike/Wood, Drusilla/Buffy, Angel/Xander.
                            Have you read A touch of her style, by myrabeth? It is Spuffy, but the Spike/Wood friendship is great.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Thanks Sosa lola for the rec, but I don't read WIP's, they're too disappointing. Emmie hasn't been back to this fic since 2012
                            One of my greatest fanfic sorrows...

Comment

Hey Rihannon! No, I haven't read a touch of her style, thanks tons for the rec! It sounds like I'll enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Rihannon View Post
                                I would totally love to read this story!
                                I was actually going to write that fic. It was going to be written as a missing episode from S5. Even had the banner made and everything. But I'm too scared about William's Victorian accent.

Banner made by -Carrie-Ann- who also added the quote underneath.
                                Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Working...
                                X