No announcement yet.

Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the article called? I'm not clever enough to find it.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
      Click on this link,

http://www.whedonstudies.tv/

Then on the line that reads;

23 May 2018--Slayage, Issue 16.1 ([47] Winter/Spring 2018) Released!

That should take you to the list of articles. They're academic and I only understand every third word, but I enjoy reading them and I always learn something

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
        Click on Current Issue.

It's called "One of your little pop culture references": Argument, Intertextuality, and Literary Affordance in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fanfiction.

LOL! Fan of fanfic are "dismissed as socially awkward infantile losers, mindless and uncritical consumers, and fanatics who preferred speculative fiction
        to real life". Yup - that's me! I have got to follow this reference!

What did you think of her interpretation Sosa Lola? Argh! No need to answer - I've seen it "elsewhere."
        Last edited by TriBel; 01-06-18, 08:25 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to recommend Encapsulated by BillieLiar. It's a very slight story, one chapter of just over 3000 words. It sets Spike and Buffy in a place and situation I've never read in a fic before, and I enjoyed that part of it. It's also really sweet and well written imo.

Comment

No Mistakes by TreacleA here https://archiveofourown.org/works/12...pters/28935369

I think Rebcake recommended it - or mentioned it - on another site. I enjoyed it!

Aargh! No - another page - not another site. Another page here. Doh!
            sigpic

Comment

This fic has the (questionable) honor, of now being No. 50 on my to-read-list of Spuffy fanfics.

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                This fic has the (questionable) honor, of now being No. 50 on my to-read-list of Spuffy fanfics.

flow
                You have a list? With 50 on? A list...a proper list? You don't just think..."Sod it...I can't be arsed working/cleaning/etc" and then click on a recommendation? Or surprise yourself with a random choice? Sigh...my life's chaotic. A list? A bloody list? I feel inadequate now...
                sigpic

Comment

But you never lie awake at night, thinking "Heck, when will I ever cope to read 50 fanfics? Some of them more than 300k words long? Should I begin in alphatbetical order? Or rather by wordcount? Or by date of publishing....maybe thematically? Sorted by season....?

Chaotic is better

flow

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                    But you never lie awake at night, thinking "Heck, when will I ever cope to read 50 fanfics? Some of them more than 300k words long? Should I begin in alphatbetical order? Or rather by wordcount? Or by date of publishing....maybe thematically? Sorted by season....?

Chaotic is better

flow
                    Huh! That's nothing - I have my own quandary to keep me up at night. I've just accessed my history on my work computer. Oh. My. God! It's all either here or EF! Do I delete it and risk losing all my passwords or risk leaving it as it is and pass it off as "research"?

Here's a chaotic choice - based on the writer's name. Never Stay With Spuffy by Bojangles. It made me laugh out loud!

Argh! I've had to move on to my own lap-top and this damn site makes me log on every 10 minutes!
                    sigpic

Comment

For funny, this one rocks: Spike's Demon vs. Pants by ChryshCn

This might not work for those who hate the Man/Demon split. The demon temporarily takes over the wheel — which is a problem, because the demon has problems with human technology like doorknobs and zippers, and probably wheels, too. But demon doesn't have any problem expressing himself, and he knows who his pack is.
                      Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post

This might not work for those who hate the Man/Demon split. The demon temporarily takes over the wheel — which is a problem, because the demon has problems with human technology like doorknobs and zippers, and probably wheels, too. But demon doesn't have any problem expressing himself, and he knows who his pack is.
                        You said the magic word "funny". This is now on my list. And thankfully my bookshelf is empty compared to Flow

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        I'd like to recommend Encapsulated by BillieLiar. It's a very slight story, one chapter of just over 3000 words. It sets Spike and Buffy in a place and situation I've never read in a fic before, and I enjoyed that part of it. It's also really sweet and well written imo.
                        And this one is on as well!

Am I supposed to be reading something for Friday? I'm currently reading this wanton world by Euyrdice. It's totally off canon but it's definitely Buffy and Spike so therefore okay by me. And I like this writer so there's that too
                        Last edited by GoSpuffy; 05-06-18, 04:34 AM.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

You get a break this Friday. Next discussion will be starting on 15th.

flow

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post

I support this recommendation! It is a very funny story.

In serious fics, I'm generally not a fan of the Man/Demon split (with some exceptions) but in stories like this one I love it.
                            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

I'd posted this earlier elsewhere but want to post this here as well so I can keep track of all good Spuffy fics

Eurydice's A Stone's Throw From Yesterday and loved it. http://dark-solace.org/elysian/views...ze=0&chapter=1

A Joan and Randy: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1654489...andy-Christmas

Just A Little Death Wish by Acajou Amarth http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyReal...t=ok&warning=5
                              Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 07-06-18, 02:17 PM.

Comment

SpuffyGlitz I'm sorry but none of your links works for me, would it be possible to tell me who wrote the A Joan And Randy fic so I could look for it myself? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X