No announcement yet.

Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That link is missing a colon, this should work - https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6259.

I often don't read really short fics but they can be great. I think that was an interesting read for a pov of the limitations on the S6 relationship. Not enough to really gauge the full perspective of the writer or to give all the nuance of the relationship, but an intriguing glimpse of one aspect. Thanks for the rec.

Comment

• Sunalso has announced on EF she will be pulling Belle South and Beyond the Sea from the internet soon. The first is on Ao3 the second on Ao3 and EF. If you want to keep them you should download them asap.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• That is so spooky, as I am just reading Beyond The Sea right now. Why is she pulling it?

Comment

• She is going to try publishing them as original fiction.

flow

Comment

• I haven't read either, but I've taken copies, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: on EF there's a note that Belle South is being taken off AO3 '12/27/2019, to be reworked for 2020 or 2021 release'. Which could still mean as original fic of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
              She is going to try publishing them as original fiction.

flow
              Oh that's great. Hope she does.

Comment

• I am currently on a Nautibitz-high. I have re-read Baby Likes to Roleplay (which was the only one of her I've read before) and just now I have started Crash and Burn. It's so cute! Nautibitz's characters are so true to character even if the story is a All Human and they are lacking their vampire/slayer/werewolf/witch aspects.

flow
                Last edited by flow; 05-01-20, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Yes by Herself - a really sweet, very short, fic about a proposal.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3705

Comment

• After we read a wonderful Christmas fic (Let Nothing You Dismay) by Constance in our fanfic club I decided to take a closer look at her other stories. I want to recommend Not Quite Forever. It is very short (less than 4k words), on EF and deals with Dawn's and Buffy's grief after Joyce's death and how Spike tries to help. What I liked about it was that although he is very supportive in a still unsouled state he does not turn into a saint but is still Spike. There is also a nice back steps scene between him and Buffy. One of my favorite places for Spuffy

flow
                    Last edited by flow; 08-01-20, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• I just read Somniloquy by Gwyneth Rhys on EF and it's a freakingly good story but it only has 38 likes and 25 comments. What is going on here? This story deserves more than that!

If you go and read it, please like it and leave a comment.

It is set post The Gift and I think the setting is quite unusual. I have read a dozen versions of The Gift in fanfic but this one is - i think - unique. Spike simply defeats Doc and that's it. World is saved, Buffy is alive and no animal was harmed during the making of that scene. The interesting part is what comes after that. Spike is the hero now, but the Scoobies don't actually like him and still mistrust him. It's 50kish and Spike will remain soulless. I absolutely adored it.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=976

Oh, just one tiny warning - there is a little bit of Xander bashing, so this fic is probably not for Sosa Lola. But in the end even Xander comes around.

flow

Comment

I just read Somniloquy by Gwyneth Rhys on EF and it's a freakingly good story but it only has 38 likes and 25 comments. What is going on here? This story deserves more than that!

If you go and read it, please like it and leave a comment.

It is set post The Gift and I think the setting is quite unusual. I have read a dozen versions of The Gift in fanfic but this one is - i think - unique. Spike simply defeats Doc and that's it. World is saved, Buffy is alive and no animal was harmed during the making of that scene. The interesting part is what comes after that. Spike is the hero now, but the Scoobies don't actually like him and still mistrust him. It's 50kish and Spike will remain soulless. I absolutely adored it.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=976

Oh, just one tiny warning - there is a little bit of Xander bashing, so this fic is probably not for Sosa Lola. But in the end even Xander comes around.

flow
                        It's on my shelf but I haven't read it yet. I'll move it up the list!

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Priceless:
                          A Matter of Taste by Twinkles is really well written and an interesting story. It's really two or three stories in one, but it works well.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...t=ok&warning=6
                          ]
                          I have just started this one (I'm back from my trip into Spillow fanfiction wonderland). Wow, it is really interesting. Humans turn into demon-hunting zombies and suddenly Spike and Buffy are on the run...

Edit: I have finished it and can't praise it highly enough. This story is incredibly well written and despite the gruesome zombie theme the writer delivers a deep and touching story. The premise is really unusual and something I haven't seen before in Spuffy fanfic. The zombie virus is the starting point for Spike and Buffy to go on a road trip. Now, there are many road trip fics around but this one has Buffy and Spike being on the run. But things get even worse ... (I won't spoil this part). Through all of this mess they manage to connect. To give you an impression of how well the writing - it's shifting between Spike's and Buffy's POV - works, here is just one tiny paragraph:

"Look at us," she murmured, still with the tiny attempt at a smile. "We look like Danny and Sandy at the end of Grease."

"Good movie, that," he said, to fill the pulsing silence, to give her an opening to discuss something frivolous. It wasn't, it was a bleeding awful movie, but he was evil, he could lie.
                          "We have it. If you want to watch it?" she asked uncertainly, her eyebrows tilting in dubious hopefulness.
                          "Yeah. Why not," he said, smiling. It was a brilliant film.

I simply love the way the writer captures Spike's as well as Buffy's insecurities throughout the fic. It's definitely a must-read! (But beware of the zombies)

flow
                          Last edited by flow; 16-01-20, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Heliotrope by Gwyneth Rhys. Two years after Chosen Buffy and Spike meet again. Only 3 chapters. I'm still reading it, but am enjoying it.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=905

Comment

• I've read that ages ago. Is this the story in which Spike works as a gardener for some lady?

flow

Comment

I've read that ages ago. Is this the story in which Spike works as a gardener for some lady?

flow
                                Yes it is. I like a fic where Spike has his own life and Buffy shows up and rocks the boat, especially where there is another woman on the scene, so Buffy gets a little jealous

Comment

Working...
                                X