Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two fics I'd like to recommend:

OffYourBird has published a new story. It's called Predicaments, it's a one-shot and it's set between season 5 and season 6 but sans Buffy's death. It's about exploring kinky sex in a not dark or angsty way. If you don't want to read about Buffy and BDSM, it might be safer for you to stay away from this fic. But if you don't mind, then this fic is incredibly well written and very enjoyable.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...t=ok&warning=6

Breaking Novikov by reenasas is a (young) classic. It's a time travel Spuffy fic which starts early season 4 and covers all of season 4 and five (I think). What's very unsual about this story is that it's Dawn who time-travels back to Sunnydale 1999. You have to roll with the premise that unchipped, soulless Spike would become good just because she tells him he has to but if you are willing to do so you will be rewarded with a detailed and rich story which follows canon events so closely that it always feels "like home" but at the same time alters enough details to be new and refreshing. On top of that you get a wonderful Dawn-Spike friendship and a sloooooooooow Spuffy burn. This story is epic. It has a word count of almost 400k words which is why it has been on my to-read-list for ages. If you want to get completely lost in a story for days, this is just what you are looking for. I have to admit though that I have only finished the first third of this story but I do hope (and expect) the second and third part to justify my high praise and my recommending this story to you.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3999

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
      Breaking Novikov by reenasas is a (young) classic. It's a time travel Spuffy fic which starts early season 4 and covers all of season 4 and five (I think). What's very unsual about this story is that it's Dawn who time-travels back to Sunnydale 1999. You have to roll with the premise that unchipped, soulless Spike would become good just because she tells him he has to but if you are willing to do so you will be rewarded with a detailed and rich story which follows canon events so closely that it always feels "like home" but at the same time alters enough details to be new and refreshing. On top of that you get a wonderful Dawn-Spike friendship and a sloooooooooow Spuffy burn. This story is epic. It has a word count of almost 400k words which is why it has been on my to-read-list for ages. If you want to get completely lost in a story for days, this is just what you are looking for. I have to admit though that I have only finished the first third of this story but I do hope (and expect) the second and third part to justify my high praise and my recommending this story to you.
      I second this one!
      "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• The Ewer of Enheduanna was written specifically with this trope in mind. There was a great discussion around how to avoid the very squicky non-con factor until Barb suggested making it Buffy’s idea! Mooney also hated Spike’s penchant for using sexist insults. You’ll never find “poof” in her stories...lol!
        Really good story. I did enjoy it, though the time jumps got a bit annoying. I would also so it's great that she didn't use the term 'poof' in the story, but Spike did call Buffy a 'bitch' twice, so . . . swings and roundabouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
          Yes, I enjoyed the Sharing Game too. I've also been reading Ripples on a Hellmouth, the other story stuffandnonsense posted to the most recent round of Seasonal Spuffy. It's good! It's a WIP (which I don't usually read) but it's almost finished.
          Just finished this fic and it is very good, and finished. I'd recommend, though I wish there were more Spuffy content, still a great story and very well written.

Comment

This is still a WIP but it's lovely and it's being updated regularily. Benji is a published author living with his daughter Lily in a city called Sunnyvale in the year 2110. His next door neighbours names are William and Buffy...

Myth Taken by Twinkles

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6171

flow
            Finally got around to reading this fic (and yes it is finished). So lovely and heartwarming, I had a few tears at the end. Thank you for the recommendation.

Comment

• A Matter of Taste by Twinkles is really well written and an interesting story. It's really two or three stories in one, but it works well.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...t=ok&warning=6

- - - Updated - - -

OK, this is a Spuffy fic I'd recommend set in season 9 (I'm always on the hunt for Spuffy fics set in the comic seasons). This is from Spike's POV, set at the party, by Gryfndor Goddess. It's the prequel to a Slaymesoftly fic:

Picture Perfect: https://gryfndor-godess.livejournal.....html#comments
              That was a great fic SpuffyGlitz, thank you for recommending. I'm going to read the Slaymesoftly sequel next.

Comment

• I'd like to recommend a rather unusual William fic. As you all probably know by now I am a sucker for Wuffy fics. This is probably the most unusual one I've ever read. It's called Fool's Paradise by kats meow.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6113

A confused young Victorian gentleman from 1880 who suffers from amnesia tries desperately to piece his identity together by keeping a diary. The only problem? It's 2004. Will he be content to live in his fool's paradise or have the courage to find out the truth about who he really is and all that he has done?

Warning, this does not have a fluffy or happy ending.

flow
                Thanks for the rec flow, I enjoyed this fic. I think kats meow has added a happier epilogue, that will lead to a happy ending eventually.

Comment

• I gotta admit I have avoided Nautibitz for the longest time but just now I have finally cracked and started reading Crave and oh my gosh, she really can write. Geez Luise.

flow
                  Last edited by flow; 08-01-20, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Flow, I can't seem to find this fic anywhere. Do you perhaps have a link?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Crave is only available on Nautibitz's LJ. Even when she had her own site up I think that was the case. Here's a link.

I'm pretty sure it says it is a WIP but it has an epilogue, she was just intending another I think that never happened. The story works fine without it. It is a human fic so I've never recommended it as a lot of people don't like them, but it is very good. Oh, and you have to join the community of the page to read it.

Comment

• I think it takes some time after you have joined until you appear as a member and can read it.

It’s AH which I usually don’t read, it’s smut, which I usually don’t read and Spike is Buffy‘s father in law and tries to seduce her which I would usually never ever read. Still, it’s good. Really, really good.

flow
                        Last edited by flow; 19-12-19, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• I figured it out. Thank you. I will try to read it, even though I don't usually read human fics.

Comment

It’s AH which I usually don’t read, it’s smut, which I usually don’t read and Spike is Buffy‘s father in law and tries to seduce her which I would usually never ever read. Still, it’s good. Really, really good.
                            I quite like reading AH because it is interesting to see how someone uses some traits of the characters in a totally different setting. They are obviously less like the original characters, but I find it an interesting exercise. This fic definitely has elements that aren't things I look for in a story as you say, but it is really well written and the characters against the BtVS ones is interesting.

I'm not sure about the joining as I couldn't view it, joined and could see it straight away. It might just be a glitch and need reloading?? EDIT: Scrap that, I've just seen your post. Glad you managed to get onto it and would be interested to hear what you thought of it.

Comment

• Stoney:
                              I quite like reading AH because it is interesting to see how someone uses some traits of the characters in a totally different setting.
                              I finished Crave and I totally agree with you. There was one scene when Spike was following Buffy to the Seine which felt so predatory athough he wasn't a vampire at all. There was another moment when he told Buffy "When this is over everyone lies bleeding. Everyone." which was so Spike in his perceptiveness and his vulnereability. It gave me shivers and goosebumps.

Stoney:
                              This fic definitely has elements that aren't things I look for in a story as you say, but it is really well written and the characters against the BtVS ones is interesting.
                              Yes, this fic has kinky sex scenes and then it has disturbingly kinky sex scenes and I went like "Uh...I wish I hadn't recced this to others". I do agree though that it is still masterly written. I wholeheartedly stand by my rec. I am just warning everybody that the sex scenes are well into BDSM territory.

flow
                              Last edited by flow; 23-12-19, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• And Here's To You Ms Summers! by Ginger - based on The Graduate, it works really well for Spike and Buffy.

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=6226

- - - Updated - - -

As If by Coshava is only 170 words, so a quick read, nicely written.

http://https://dark-solace.org/elysi...y.php?sid=6259

Comment

Working...
                                X