Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flow View Post
    Here is a link to a Spuffy all-penguin Fanfiction series:

https://archiveofourown.org/series/3069

It came up on EF today. Otherwise I wouldn`t have known about it and geeez, was I thinking "What freaking bizarro world did I wake up in today?"

If you`d like a visual, to go with it (although, strictly speaking this is just Buffy!penguin), this one came up on EF today as well:

https://stormwreath.livejournal.com/...ml#/99694.html

flow

ETA: I tried. I really did. I couldn`t do it. Buffy going Kaaaark, while abandoning the Spuffy eggs to slay a whale with an icicle was too much for me to bear.
    Ha. Well the series is so short once I finish Promise I'm going to read it for a laugh and I'll have stormwreath's visuals in mind.

Comment

I want to recommend

Paper Thin Line by our own Priceless. it is her first (longer) story and you can find it on AO3:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/33559803

It is a Post-NFA Spuffy fanfic.

Please leave Kudos and/or a comment for her!

flow

- - - Updated - - -

I know, that I have already recommended this story, but I want to recommend it again!

I am talking about Dark Kisses by sigyn.

http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=5731&view=all

It is as of now a WIP but I have no doubts, that it will be updated and completed. I am warning you, that there are explicit sex scenes, including BDSM and anal sex (will this warning really scare people off, I wonder.....?).

My favorite line from the recent uploaded chapter “He didn’t bring up murder once.”

You have to read this story. I know, I am fangirling.....

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Someone recommended A Stone`s Throw From Yesterday by Eurydice on this forum a short while ago and I can`t find the post anymore and don`t remember, who it was. Anyway, I read it and it is as beautifully written as any of Eurydice`s stories but so much shorter than most of them! It really is well paced and it has a Xander/Dawn developing relationship, that is beautiful. I second the recommendation!

flow
        Last edited by flow; 29-05-18, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I am reading Demons I Have Known by Gwennie at the moment. I am not even half way through, but I really love it. The setting sounds a bit weird (but doesn`t feel weird to me at all). The scoobies do a memory spell on Buffy(with her consent), that goes wrong and they get to see all her interactions with Spike. We went through season 2 til season 5 really quickly, but season 6 is very beautifully retold with lots and lots of additional scenes.

And now the story is heading into season 7. Can`t wait to read the rest of it!

flow
          Last edited by flow; 29-05-18, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that happened...The Real Story of Buffy and Spike by Cryptwarmer

This is the story behind the story on which the TV show is based. It's full of first hand tales about the adventures of a slayer, her support team, her vampire lover, and her shotgun-toting mother. Hollywood always pretties things up, you know?

This one isn't that old, about a year and a half, but it's the kind of AU that I enjoy...it changes your perspective on canon, without throwing it entirely away.
            Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post

This is the story behind the story on which the TV show is based. It's full of first hand tales about the adventures of a slayer, her support team, her vampire lover, and her shotgun-toting mother. Hollywood always pretties things up, you know?

This one isn't that old, about a year and a half, but it's the kind of AU that I enjoy...it changes your perspective on canon, without throwing it entirely away.
              Cryptwarmer is my friend. I read this story before anyone else I think. She's a great writer.

- - - Updated - - -

I am reading Demons I Have Known by Gwennie at the moment. I am not even half way through, but I really love it. The setting sounds a bit weird (but doesn`t feel weird to me at all). The scoobies do a memory spell on Buffy(with her consent), that goes wrong and they get to see all her interactions with Spike. We went through season 2 til season 5 really quickly, but season 6 is very beautifully retold with lots and lots of additional scenes.

flow
              I just read chapter one and I loved it. Dawns reaction was so funny! I'm still giggling. I'll be binge reading this one I think.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                Cryptwarmer is my friend. I read this story before anyone else I think. She's a great writer.
                Agreed. She can even tempt me to read all-human. Gasp!
                Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post

I have read this story. It's so lovely. I miss Cryptwarmer. I haven't seen her around in a while.
                  Made by Trickyboxes
                  Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

flow
                    Thanks flow - that was another misspent evening! Seriously - thanks! I read it in one sitting. It's very well written - I really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have finished demons I have known by gwennie. It took me 2 sittings and I also loved it.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

The latest volume of Slayage is out (thanks @Whedonesque) and there is an article on Buffy Fanfiction which might interest some of you

There's also an article on Xander @Sosa lola

http://www.whedonstudies.tv/
                        Last edited by Priceless; 01-06-18, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Oh I se Soso Lola gets a name check.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                            Oh I se Soso Lola gets a name check.
                            OMG!!!! It was so shocking to see my name in the fanfiction article.
                            Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
                              OMG!!!! It was so shocking to see my name in the fanfiction article.
                              Whenever I see anything relating to Xander, my first thought is 'wonder if Sosa lola has seen this' #true

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Whenever I see anything relating to Xander, my first thought is 'wonder if Sosa lola has seen this' #true
                                Thank you! I've never read that article before. It was really good.
                                Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

Working...
                                X