Looking for a fic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hell, now I have to read it!
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
      Well hell, now I have to read it!
      Could you read it and then tell me how terrible it is, thanks

Comment

Someone in the shoutbox on Elysian Fields is looking for a fic. This is the summary they gave:

I've been looking for this fic for years, and I was hoping someone could help me out.L looking for a fic that takes place in S4. Buffy asleep and dreams where its the future where she is married, but she can't figure out who her husband is. At the end she realizes its Spike. Ty

Does anyone have any idea which fic this might be? The find-a-fic-section at The Spuffy Realm has come up with nothing so far.

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I'm trying to expand my mind with some non-Spuffy stuff, so does anyone have rec's for Xander/Cordelia? Preferably post S3?
          "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

Pricey, if you are still looking for Cangel fanfiction - I have found these recommendations on the Better Buffy Fiction Archive:

http://betterbuffyfics.fictionandart...otherlife.html
            Title: Another Life (175K)
            Author: Inamorata
            Category: Het
            Rating: NC-17
            Show: AtS
            Characters: Angel, Cordelia
            Pairings: Angel/Cordelia
            Summary: Even now, she finds it difficult to believe that this is real, that this is her life, this is who she is now. AU
            Rec: Prima says: "Definately not the typical C/A story, Inamorata spins an AU that could have easily been Cordelia's fate based on her low point in City Of Angel. Dark but with a side of hope." Ebonbird seconded with: "Inamorata goes dark but she doesn't plague the writer with 'oh woe is everybody you care about in this story'. There's actually more than one character arc to at least one of the characters. The writings on the spare side, in my opinion, but it makes it a very satisfying read."
            Story Length: nouvelle

http://betterbuffyfics.fictionandart...e/2/bound.html
            Title: Bound (173K)
            Author: Inamorata
            Category: Het
            Rating: R
            Characters: Angel, Cordelia
            Summary: Doyle's last vision brings Angel and Cordelia closer in unexpected ways. No spoilers.
            Rec: Astrid says:This takes place between Hero and Parting Gifts. It fits into canon without stretching it too much and brings some sense of closure after Hero. The story is well plotted, even if the basic idea is not entirely new. It's the way the story plays out, the humour, the little plot twists and the vivid descriptive that make reading it so enjoyable. Inamorata perfectly captures the season one feeling in the dialogues, her characterization is absolutely spot on. Just A fun read!
            Story Length: nouvelle

flow

Comment

Thank you flow, I am always looking for good Cangel fics

Comment

Here is another recommendation from the same site though I am not sure Cangel is endgame:

http://www.thechicagoloop.net/yahtze...eGoesIntro.htm
                Title: As Time Goes By (offsite link)
                Author: Yahtzee
                Category: Gen
                Rating: PG
                Characters: Ensemble
                Summary: In its own unexpected ways, the Hyperion Hotel remains the last help for the hopeless in the wasteland once known as L.A. Spoilers: BtVS season 6, AtS season 3
                Rec: Tavia says: 'As Time Goes By' is one of the best pastiches (in this case of that great film 'Casablanca') I've ever read in any fandom. The setting is bleak but believable. The characterization manages to stay true to the series, despite the fact that the plot stays quite close to the film. In my opinion, the story captures the best of both the series and the film. Set in the near future, with spoilers for early seasons 6 and 3 of BtVS and Angel, respectively. Rating PG, though readers of a nervous disposition might like to note that it's dark in places

flow

Comment

Thanks flow. I am working through the Spuffy Recs thread at the moment but when I've finished that list, I'll more onto this thread

Comment

I am looking for a Willow/Spike fic. I know there are a few out there (at least on AO3) and I have looked at some of them but mostly they are just about Willow and Spike having sex. Lots of sex. All kinds of sex. But I want a real slow burn love story not just them going at it like bunnies. I think they would match and I want to read that.

Does anyone have a really good Willow/Spike fic to rec?

flow

Comment

Thank you flow. I have already read Another Life by Inamorata and it is fantastic. I would highly recommend. Inamorata is a great writer and I'm going to start Bound today, and try to read anymore of her fics I can find.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it!

I am still looking for a good romantic Spillow fic. Anyone? Pretty please?

flow

Comment

Just finished Bound by Inamorata, recommended by flow and I'd recommend it to everyone. It reads like an episode of AtS.

Comment

I am looking for a fic that I would swear I bookmarked somewhere. Slight change in timeline - Wesley is sent in season 2 near the end when Angelus is still roaming about. No one bothers to meet the bus because stuff, and Wesley is taken by Angelus. The story is actually hilarious because the characters are so on point. Wesley has a copy of his thesis on Angelus - and things get rough when Angelus begins to correct it. Wesley prefers torture to finding out he made mistakes. For some reason Spike decides to save Wesley by drugging him to the point where Angelus believes he's driven Wesley insane.

You had to be there, I guess...Anyone know the name of this fic?.
                            Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

I've asked this on Facebook before but so far a few remember the scene but neither fic nor author:

Please, I need your help to find a specific fic!

I remember only one scene. in this scene Giles and Spike are present and I assume some other Scoobies but I am not sure about that. Someone has made tea and Spike asks "Shall I be mother?" which is obviously a very formal Victorian way to ask "Shall I pour the tea?". I didn't know that phrase before I read the fic and that's why it made such an impression. Giles, of course, recognizes the phrase and suspects that Spike is from a better-educated background than he has let on so far. That's all I remember!

Does anyone recognize this line and know which fic it is?

Any help is much appreciated!

flow

Comment

• flow
                                flow commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Well, that's a lead then. All we have to do now is compare which fics we have each read to find out the one I have read and you haven't - ;-)

• Stoney
                                Stoney commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Oh grief, I've read well over a thousand fics and could just be forgetting the scene. Is there nothing else any of the other people that recognised the moment could pin as other details of the same story?

• flow
                                flow commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Although some people remembered the exact scene no one remembered anything else about the story ;-)

Ok so i'm looking for a mature fic that I just remembered. Buffy an adult human and is cousins with Xander and he also has a cousin William who I think is underage and also human and they are supposed to spend the summer with her watching over them. Xander dates Willow. I think Anya is Williams step mother and Giles is his father and they show up at the end and move in across the street. Any idea?

Comment

• JolidayB
                                JolidayB commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Quiet Summer by Sotia! I found it on spikeluver.com!

• Stoney
                                Stoney commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Welcome! We have a reading discussion group if you fancy reading and chatting about fanfics. The next group read is Starlight by Ariane, discussion from 19th June - http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...h-of-june-2020.
                            Working...
                            X