Looking for a fic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a fic?

There are times when I know I loved a fic, but I can't quite recall the title. I thought it would be nice to have a thread for the memory impaired.

Also, I have a scary large collection of all sorts of fiction bookmarks - including some very nontraditional pairings.Spike/Ethan anyone? Or Spike/Lilah?

If anyone is looking for a particular pairing I would be happy to recommend sites and stories. I tend to have Spike in most of my pairings, and I think I have him paired with almost every guy in the B-verse. I'm sure there are others out there happy to share bookmarks.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Great idea for a thread.

Comment

Hi,

I am going to ask for a rec here !

I am a sucker for Buffy and William fics. I don`t know, if Wuffy is an official name for that pairing, but I really love them together.

I have read Yours, William and the Sequel Sequel My Elizabeth by Puddinhead and Only Time Will Tell by dampersandspoons. I have also read Confluents by Enigmatic Blue, If I Saw You In Heaven by sigyn and Every Rose (WIP) by sunalso.

If anyone knows another Wuffy fic, please let me know !

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Try the Bittersweets series -by Herself_nyc.

The series itself is Spuffy. It has a word count of 509,352 with an entire arc dealing with William and Buffy - and the results of that trip through time.... Part 9 is where the time travel starts but there's a lot of information about Spike's life as a human that he shares with Buffy in the parts before.

Anyone else?
        Last edited by bespangeled; 07-03-18, 10:08 PM.
        Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Thank you !

I have read fics by Herself before and she has actually written two fics, that rank among my all time top ten favorites (they are What She Deserves and Lovingkindness). Adoring her like I do, I have had a look on the Bittersweets series as well, but dropped it, when I came to the part, where

(I am putting this in spoilers for a reason and I warn anyone. This is not NC-17, it is NC-120)

Spoiler:
          Buffy anally rapes Spike

That was too much for me and sadly put me off of the whole series. But nevertheless, I consider her to be one of the best Spuffy fanfic writers ever.

flow

Comment

I don't like the characterisations in the Bittersweet series, particularly where it goes in the end. There are some Herself fics I like, but that series has several aspects in it that really aren't for me.

You could try Forward to Time Past by Unbridled_Brunette. I haven't read it in a very long time, was going to suggest it for the Spuffy reading group actually as I remember thinking it was one of the best. If you fancy it perhaps we can give it a go after West of?? (are you still reading that?)

Comment

Yes, I am still reading "West of".

I have also read Forward To Times Past - I forgot to list that one in my enumeration, but I would like to read it again. However, I remember really disliking part two and three, so I would settle to just re-read the first part, which has William and Buffy in it.

I think Herself is a brilliant writer and she has amazing fics. There are so many scenes in her Bittersweets series, that are outstanding. I remember one, when Buffy goes back in time and her earlier self goes forwward in time. Then there is another scene, where an AU Spike is transferred to Revello Drive and the Spike of the Bittersweets series is transferred right into that fight in the alley in NFA. But unfortunately, there is too much unpleasentness in this series. I remember William being really nasty to Buffy, when she goes back in time and Buffy being really nasty to Spike and then Spike and Buffy have a son who is really nasty to just anyone....well.

flow

Comment

I remember thinking William was unpleasant in the Bittersweet series and the way Buffy/Spike treat each other throughout I struggle to like at all at many stages.

I'm intrigued that you really disliked the latter parts of Forward to Times Past, I don't remember it well enough to speculate as to why but it probably is best to just avoid that with the reading group if you wouldn't want to read it all and I'll just reread at some point separately.

Have you read Legions of True Hearts by Eurydice?

Comment

I need something new, and epic. Last night I read The Worst Journey in the World, which was so well written. I love the subtlety of the Buffy & Spike interactions, as well as Spike and the dogs. But I swear I have read all the great fics, and that can't be true.

Here's what I want - must have Spike as a main character. He an be paired with Angel, Giles, Wesley, Buffy, Xander or Faith.
                  Post series - comics don't count
                  Characters I'd like to have around outside of pairing - Dawn, Wesley, Willow, and/or Angel
                  Plotty - not schmoopy. Long - or part of a series.

I need a new comfort fic series. I need comfort fic. I need many comfort fics. Fics me - or I am broken

Comment

You have probably read everything I know and can rec, but I`ll try. I am not quite sure, if it has to be post-series ?

Okay, here are three of my favorite fics:

My Life Closed Twice by anaross.

This one is post-NFA and Spike is a main character. Buffy is the other main character, but Spike has a sexual relationship with an original character. Willow, Faith, Angel and Gunn make short appearances, but they are not really important. This fic is about poetry and it has lots and lots of poetry in it.

A Different Kind Of Hell by OffYourBird

This one is post-The Gift and it has only Spike and Buffy in it, because they travel back in time. There is also a sequel to this one, two or three one-shots within the verse and a spin off.

Otherwise by sigyn

Again, Spike and Buffy (I only read Spuffy fics), but this one has the ensemble (Giles, Angel, Faith etc.) It is set in season 3 in an alternate universe, where the Master has not been defeated, but Buffy and Spike are from our Buffyverse post-NFA.

flow

ETA: The fanfic discussion group is at the moment reading West Of The Moon, East Of The Sun, by KnifeEdge. That is epic ;-) It is a season 5 fic with......surprise .......Buffy and Spike as pairing. Would you like to join us ?

Edited once more:

Stoney, yes I have read Legions Of True Hearts by Eurydice. I think, that you recommended it to me a long time ago. I loved it and don`t know how I could forget to mention it in my list of Wuffy-fics.

I think, I need to start a list for all the fics I have read, because there are now so many, that I loose track of what I have read, what they are about and if I liked them
                    Last edited by flow; 09-03-18, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I am on a Spuffy kick at the moment. And I have read and loved all three of those - though my favorite anaross is Long Day's Journey.

So, last night I bookmarked (ao3)
                      Buffy Season Noir by Anna S (eliade)
                      Charms of the Clarion by eurydice72
                      Curse-verse by sunalso
                      Avocation by enigmaticblue
                      Coming Through by hulettwyo
                      Family by stuffandnonsense

I was pretty much going on word count - and a quick skim of the start to make sure the writing isn't too awful. Does anyone know anything about these?

Comment

I have read Avocation by enigmaticblue. It starts out with an interesting plot line and is great throughout the first chapters and then kind of spirals into mediocrity and boredom.

I love Eurydice, although her fics are often longer, than it is good for them. I haven`t read the one you have mentioned though.

flow

Comment

I am looking for a link for What You Wish For by fer1213 It was recommended on this site years ago, and sounds interesting and I'd like to read it, but all the links I've found are dead. Does anyone know where I could find it, or do they have saved copy? Thank you

Comment

I think fer1213 used to post on Live Journal but the account has been purged so I don't know if they were posted anywhere else. I have a few fics of theirs but unfortunately not that one. If you put a request up on SpuffyRealm the guys there often have copies for ones that are no longer online.

Comment

It's really sad how much great fic has disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                              X