Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

The Sunnydale Fanfic Club Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sunnydale Fanfic Club Competitions

Is anyone on the boards entering The Sunnydale Fanfic Clubs monthly fic writing contest? It would be great if some of the writers on the board wrote a fic for the competitions, then we could hear them being interviewed on the podcast

Submit to our March Fanfic Contest!
    1. The theme for March is Jobs. Someones gotta be making money!

2. Must be newly written! Our goal is to create more & new Buffy fanfiction content. Buffy is one of the largest fanfiction genres on the internet, but we want to make it #1!

3. One Submission per person.

4. The Challenge Object Needs to make an appearance: The Challenge Object for this month is JOYCE’S HANDCUFFS. Do not toss this object away in one sentence. Try your best to embrace it.

REMINDER - NO WORD MINIMUM.

DUE DATE FOR THIS CONTEST IS MARCH 19th.
    Winner will be announced March 26th.

Submit your stories by messaging us on TUMBLR, FACEBOOK or TWITTER and LET US KNOW it is for the MARCH COMPETITION. Please comment with any questions.

Well, someone did and someone won.

How about you, Pricey? You're such an avid reader of fanfic. As I've told you before, I want to see what you can do. Now that you have these promts to get you started, there is no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
      Well, someone did and someone won.

How about you, Pricey? You're such an avid reader of fanfic. As I've told you before, I want to see what you can do. Now that you have these promts to get you started, there is no excuse.
      I'm an avid reader but a terrible writer I lack imagination, it's a bit of a drawback for a writer. Are you entering the March competition WFB? When are you going to be interviewed?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        I'm an avid reader but a terrible writer I lack imagination, it's a bit of a drawback for a writer. Are you entering the March competition WFB? When are you going to be interviewed?
        We'll be recording Wednesday the 14th.

I'll not be entering this month, but I have this little bit of an idea, if anyone wants it. Someone is coming to evaluate Giles at work. He needs to prove that he is keeping the library in order and that he is contributing to student learning. He spends an entire evening preparing. Then Joyce shows up at his door and tells him that she is oh-so-lonely. Giles could use some stress relief, so they end up in his bed. The next morning, he wakes up handcuffed to the bedpost. Joyce is gone, but there is a band candy wrapper on the floor. He tears the bed apart to get himself loose, but finds he has to attend his work evaluation with the handcuff still on.

The Scoobies show up at the library during the evaluation, pretending to be avid readers, hoping to help Giles. Of course, their acting skills aren't that great and Buffy eventually remembers where she last saw the handcuff.

Hilarity ensues!

Comment

[QUOTE=Willow from Buffy;715564]Well, someone did and someone won. QUOTE]

Yay to WillowFromBuffy for winning the February challenge of the SunnydaleFanficClub with her story "Dawntasia", which you can and should read on Elysian Fields

http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=5713

Pricey had already announced your victory on the podcast thread, but she put it in spoilers, in case some people have not yet listened to OffYourBirds Podcast episode. I am looking forward to hearing your voice ! Are you nervous ? Excited ? Terrified ?

Btw, I will skip the next podcast episode with the Spike/Riley slash fic. I am scared of that one ;-)

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Btw, I will skip the next podcast episode with the Spike/Riley slash fic. I am scared of that one ;-)
            I shall try and read this fic, though I think Riley would be more drawn to Angel than to Spike. I hope we get to read a Angel/Riley slash one day.

Willow from Buffy you should write that fic!

Comment

Thank you so much, Flow. Am I worried? Not yet. Too much to worry about before then. Being the focus of an hour long discussion on Buffy seems like a dream really.

The Riley and Spike fic is quite good, but it contains some intense body horror.

Comment

The Sunnydale Fanfic Club are asking for questions for our very own WillowFromBuffy, about her great, competition winning fic, Dawntasia. You can post questions on their twitter or their website and I think they've also got a tumblr site, so please try and read this great fic and post as many questions as we can!

Comment

The Sunnydale Fanfic Club Podcast are looking to Buffy fic writers who have written poetry about the show to submit their poems to be featured on the show. It's the last day to submit, so if you have some that you'd like to share, please do!

Comment

The Sunnydale FanFicClub has aired two more Spuffy FanFic Podcasts.

The first is:

If I Should Dust before I Wake by Carrie-Anne (WIP, NC-17)

https://thesunnydalefanficclub.libsy...ffy-fanfiction

and the second is the March contest winner:

The Limericked Adventures of Bob the Hellmouth Cop by thenewbuzzwuzz

In this podcast episode they also talk a lot about the genre of Buffy inspired poetry. There is a list of many Buffy poems in the link!

https://thesunnydalefanficclub.libsy...contest-winner

I am also proud to say, that of the five most downloaded podcasts of the Sunnydale Fanfic Club four are Spuffy fics. The fifth is a Bangel fic and I highly recommend that one too!

flow
                    Last edited by flow; 11-05-18, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks flow, I hadn't realised a new episode was out yet. I've nominated My Life Closed Twice by anaross for discussion, though I'm not sure she even writes fics anymore.

Comment

She wanted to turn it into an original story about two years ago and therefore took it down from livejournal (and I think from AO3 as well).

flow

Comment

The winner of the April competition thewiggins, is being interviewed on The Sunnydale Fanfic Club podcast and questions are needed by 18th May! thewiggins is a member of this forum so it'd be great if we could all support her work

Everyone should read her Spuffy fic A Place Beyond the Rains and her Joyce/Giles fic Heart of the City if you can, links below

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/33300942

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11569038

Comment

NEW! THREE MONTH FANFIC CONTEST!

The Sunnydale Fanfic Club will be taking a three-month break and that means we will be hosting a THREE MONTH CONTEST! Here is the information:

1. The theme for our THREE MONTH CONTEST is Stars.

2. Must be newly written! Our goal is to create more & new Buffy fanfiction content. Buffy is one of the largest fanfiction genres on the internet, but we want to make it #1!

3. One Submission per person.

4. The Challenge Object Needs to make an appearance: The Challenge Object for this month is a Football (Buffy tosses with Riley on the beach).

NO WORD MINIMUM.DUE DATE FOR THIS CONTEST IS JULY 23rd at Midnight P.S.T.

Winner will be announced July 30th. Tell your friends!

Submit Your Fanfics Here: https://thesunnydalefanficclub.com/contests/
                            Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Comment

Well come on Priceless, SpuffyGlitz, flow, Sosa!! How many more new writers can we stir to give in to the urge to create!!! Write people, write.

Comment

Working...
                              X