Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things, I don`t like to read in fanfics....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This something new that hasn't bothered me so much previously, but it's starting to grate on me. I really wish writers would stop having Buffy refer to herself as a bitch. I never thought Buffy was ever a bitch and I hate that writers, especially female ones, have Buffy use that word about herself.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      This something new that hasn't bothered me so much previously, but it's starting to grate on me. I really wish writers would stop having Buffy refer to herself as a bitch. I never thought Buffy was ever a bitch and I hate that writers, especially female ones, have Buffy use that word about herself.
      why in the hell would she refer to herself that way? I hate that word and I hate it even more when women refer to themselves or each other that way. It's gotten fashionable but it's a fashion that embraces the basest viewpoint of femaleness. I could see Cordy celebrating her inner bitch... but even she wouldn't throw the word around the way some people seem to think is cute.

      Comment


      • Not sure if this is the right place, but I have found myself annoyed with the idea that Spike and Buffy's liaisons were always surreptitious dark things at night. This probably just my own headcanon, but I don't think the logistics of the show support it.

        -If that was the norm, there is little doubt they'd have been caught eventually.
        -It's shown quite regularly that Buffy works the evening/night shift at the DMP.
        -They'd go at it pretty regular for hours (5 is mentioned) at a time with apparently plenty of time to work through the KS. This is unlikely to happen with after work quickies like AYW.

        Point is... This all suggests to me they probably did it mostly during the day. Buffy gets up in time for Dawn to leave for school and Willow to leave for class. She essentially has all day without worries of being caught by Xander or Anya, who are at work or Willow and Dawn who are at school. This also explains why Willow says in DT the gang rarely sees her. When she's off, they;re busy. When they're off, she's busy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post

          why in the hell would she refer to herself that way? I hate that word and I hate it even more when women refer to themselves or each other that way. It's gotten fashionable but it's a fashion that embraces the basest viewpoint of femaleness. I could see Cordy celebrating her inner bitch... but even she wouldn't throw the word around the way some people seem to think is cute.
          Cordy did - twice. "Well, get ready to haul your wrinkly translucent ass out of this place, because lady, the bitch is back.”" and "No woman strong enough to wear the mantel of 'vicious bitch' would ever put up with it."

          Bitch had a different meaning back then, and it's possible the stories use the word with that in mind.
          Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bespangeled View Post

            Cordy did - twice. "Well, get ready to haul your wrinkly translucent ass out of this place, because lady, the bitch is back.”" and "No woman strong enough to wear the mantel of 'vicious bitch' would ever put up with it."

            Bitch had a different meaning back then, and it's possible the stories use the word with that in mind.
            But it was Buffy we were talking about. Cordy did embrace her bitch-ness but at least one the sitiations was rather extreme. Fighting for your life tends to require you dredge up your inner survivor. And inner survivor is utterly ruthless.

            Comment

            Working...
            X