No announcement yet.

Fanfiction recommendation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short fic: What if Willow died instead of Jesse in The Harvest? Wonderful future AU with a very sad and bittersweet tone. It made me wonder of what the series would be like without Willow. The discussion in the comments was also interesting.

Que Sera, Sera aka. Doris' Day by kerk-hiraeth
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

• Another old one from 2003:

Arise, little girl by Teland

Summary: Five things that never happened to Willow.

Wishverse AU with Vamp!Willow, Vamp!Xander and Vamp!Jesse plotting against the Master using Pre-Puppy!Angel as their pawn. Deals with dark themes. Not overly explicit but still nothing for sensitive snowflakes. Oh, and it's inappropriately funny especially the dialogue.

Sample:

Spoiler:
      [...]

"You are *such* a pimp, Jess."

"A *pimp*?"

"A blood pimp. Always with the 'are you hungry, wanna taste, ooh, I bet *she's* not anemic --'"

"Dude, shut up. Fledges are always hungry." Jesse has the air of knowledge. Of experience gained from -- where?

"Who says?"

"The Master. My sire."

"This is all getting a little D&D, don't you think?"

[...]

Comment

• KlausKartoffel:
        However, I just finished reading this (awfully old) piece:

Buffybot Behind Bars! by Keswindhover
        I just finfished it. It was a very enjoyable read. Funny, well written, good characterization. I adored the Buffybot. She was so cute!

Thanks for the rec!

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Just saw this on Tumblr if anyone is interested . . .

rippergiles
          If you’re a writer or reader of Buffy fanfic feel free to join our new Facebook group! We’ll be swapping fic recs and promoting & giving feedback on each other’s works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Just saw this on Tumblr if anyone is interested . . .

rippergiles
            If you’re a writer or reader of Buffy fanfic feel free to join our new Facebook group! We’ll be swapping fic recs and promoting & giving feedback on each other’s works.
            Cool, thanks!
            Link to rippergiles' post
            Link to the Facebook group "Buffy the Fanfic Slayer"

Comment

• Voting for the people’s choice Headline Awards ends tonight at midnight PST! Vote for your favorite Giles fanfic!

https://www.theheadlineawards.com/

Thanks to the Sunndydale Fanfic Club

Comment

• Due to my recent Lucifer obsession I have come across an adorable and short Buffy/Lucifer fic on ao3 and I highly recommend it. It is "and heaven, too" by pprfaith.

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• https://dark-solace.org/elysian/browse.php?type=recent&

There are lots of recently completed new fics by authors we've all enjoyed and chatted about In The past including: twinkles, soulburnt, holly, all4spike and more!

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• This is a Harmony/Spike fic (Harmony pov), short and fun; And She, Like, Totally Rises Again by coalitiongirl on LJ

https://coalitiongirl.livejournal.com/113192.html

Comment

• redtent
                      redtent commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is so funny, thank you.

• I have finally found Belonging by elg - https://www.archiveofourown.org/works/728385

What if Wesley had arrived in Sunnydale, not as Giles’s replacement in S3 but to be his assistant in S2, when Angelus was still at large? When Wesley is kidnapped by Angelus the only person who might be able to save him is...Spike.

This story is hilarious. A star struck young Wesley, Angelus quite taken with his fan boy, Dru being...Dru, and a pissed off Spike ready to do whatever he can to thwart Angelus. I'd read this long ago, and then lost track of it.
                    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X