No announcement yet.

Fanart FAQ: technical help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, it's incredible and not something I've ever figured out how to do and have real doubts I'd be able to manage.

Comment

• I use brushes for masking and erasing. I find that a large, fluffy brush gives me more of a blend than the default brushes.

And when I say 'brushes' I mean I use one brush set that I got from Daydreaming about 10 years ago and have never used anything else, because the set is just perfect for my style, lmao!!
      Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• I was going to say that I too never change my brushes. I have a ton downloaded and yet I rarely use any others besides the feathered circle. If I wanted to add spatter/splotches then I guess I'd use them but otherwise they're not completely necessary. You can get by with just the basics.
        T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

• Hello,

Long time no post! I used to post here and enter challenges like 8 years ago!! I wanted to get back into the fanart world. There used to be a picture which showed you which settings to use for colour calibration for photoshop. So the colours would be the same on each monitor. I was wondering if anyone knew the correct settings? Or how i calibrate my monitor? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
            Hello,

Long time no post! I used to post here and enter challenges like 8 years ago!! I wanted to get back into the fanart world. There used to be a picture which showed you which settings to use for colour calibration for photoshop. So the colours would be the same on each monitor. I was wondering if anyone knew the correct settings? Or how i calibrate my monitor? Thank you.
            Hi Fuzzy, afraid I can't help with your colour calibrations, but welcome back. We are running a couple of challenges at the moment, if you were up to entering a few, and getting back into the fan art

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Hi Fuzzy, afraid I can't help with your colour calibrations, but welcome back. We are running a couple of challenges at the moment, if you were up to entering a few, and getting back into the fan art
              Thank you! I am planning to enter at least once! I wish i kept it up all these years lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                Thank you! I am planning to enter at least once! I wish i kept it up all these years lol.
                Yay! We have all standards and styles here, so don't feel any pressure, everyone is so helpful and supportive. If you have any of your old work you'd like to post, please feel free

Comment

• Welcome back Fuzzy! And I've never calibrated my monitor in my life. So I'm afraid that I can't help you with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Yay! We have all standards and styles here, so don't feel any pressure, everyone is so helpful and supportive. If you have any of your old work you'd like to post, please feel free
                    I remember it being really nice here, thank you for being so welcoming!

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                    Welcome back Fuzzy! And I've never calibrated my monitor in my life. So I'm afraid that I can't help you with this.
                    Thank you! Haha it's probably not needed these days anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X