No announcement yet.

FAQ for all your HTML needs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a pretty easy question that maybe doesn't belong here, but I am trying to teach someone the basics (and I mean BASICS) of Photoshop. It's my mom and she pretty much just wants to learn the program. I have lots of places I go for tutorials on more advanced stuff, but does anyone know any places online, maybe even their own sites, that have real basic tutorials I can reference her to? I mean, pretend you know NOTHING about the program, but have basic computer knowledge.
    Thanks in advance and feel free to put this somewhere else if need be.

::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Comment

Thanks, J.j. I don't think so. I just don't know what else it could be though.

Lady Manson, I wrote this tutorial to be instructional for first-timers.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
        Lady Manson, I wrote this tutorial to be instructional for first-timers.
        I was just going to point to that, it's the one I used when I first got PS and it was very useful, I thought
        I can't think of any that was as simple and easy to follow, for someone who didn't have a clue what was what in Photoshop
        >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Hey guys.
          I have a problem. When ever i want to add something to my menu in my site I need to add it in all the pages and it's a really hard work cause i need to go through all the pages and check if it was copied right into the page and stuff... Is there a sulotion for this? like to put the menu into a CSS file?

Thanks a bunch,
          Omri

Comment

This question was actually asked a few posts ago. You cannot do this through the CSS. But you can do it through PHP, which is what a great deal of us use. You can have all your navigation (and other things!) in one file and then it is easy to change information for the pages on your site. I know Nikki has a tutorial on PHP and there is one at codegrrl.com call NL-Convert which is where I learned from.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Oh well! Thank you Jenni! I will definetly try to learn PHP... Though it seem a bit hard.

Comment

It's really not. All it basically is a few lines of code you place outside all your regular HTML. It's very easy.

I mean, that's not all it is but it is all you need to know to do what you want to do and make your site easier to run. It's all I know. I certainly can't write PHP scripts or anything.
                sigpic

Comment

I took a look at Nikki's tutorial it looks good so i'll try that one!..
                  thanks Jenni im really glad you helped me.

Comment

yeah it is really easy, and this could be irrelevant , but i thought id mention it, if your testing it offline then it won't work, just saying coz it happened to me lol

Comment

So i need to upload it and then view it?.. that's sucks! and do i need to ask my hostees to open a mysql database or something?

Comment

yes you do, and no you dont need anything like a mysql database.

Comment

I never tested offline anyway. I always just uploaded. But I just create a temporary directory where I upload a few files to see if everything is working right.

And you only MySQL databases for certain scripts and stuff. Like galleries, link directories, news and blogging software. Stuff like that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys,
                            I was wondering if there is any kind of softwear that does image map.
                            thanks
                            Omri

Comment

image ready can do it, but you can get a similar effect, if you use the slice tool in photoshop to cut up the header, then put it back together and put the links in.

Comment

Ok, Thanks Calum!. But really I saw somewhere on teh old forum that's some one is using a special program (Jenni Lou, maybe).... If any one else knows something like this... please tell me

Comment

Working...
                                X