FAQ for all your HTML needs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omri View Post
    It is easier, you are right. But i use this code my self and you'll have to use the Margin tag to close up the gaps between the highlighted text and the links below.
    ha, that's true!
    I usually put in my stylesheet on top:

*{
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

that sets everything to 0, also the <ul> and <ol> but then you can defign them all yourself again when you're styling them.
    (and that's why I forgot that part, but yeah, you got to set the margin as well, to 0, or whatever you like)

Comment

OMG!~ thank you Rosely! I didn't know that! Very helpful!

Comment

Ok so im back with another question again, lol
        In css how do you make so your navigation is all in with the css so you can just paste that link, and it will all be there, ive looked around but dont know how to do it, on each of my pages i keep having to paste all my navigation is there a way to put in css??, im confused like usual

Comment

If you are asking what I think you are, then no. You can put your navigation in one file (along with other things) instead of on very page if you are using PHP. But I never heard of navigation links being inserted into a css. CSS just sets your style attributes.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I thought so, thanks.

Ok might as well edit this in, how do you change the colour of a border of an image, ive played with all the settings and cannot seem to change it from the colour purple or blue and it is really annoying me !!!LOL
            Last edited by amy1234; 24-07-07, 08:18 PM.

Comment

you can fix it in css.

Code:
              img
              {
              border: 1;
              border-color: #FFFFFF;
              }
              the "1" is how thick you want your border and the "#FFFFFF" is currently the color white, just change the "FFFFFF" to whatever your color stands for.
              PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED
              sigpic
              With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
              Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Comment

Originally posted by amy1234 View Post
                Ok so im back with another question again, lol
                In css how do you make so your navigation is all in with the css so you can just paste that link, and it will all be there, ive looked around but dont know how to do it, on each of my pages i keep having to paste all my navigation is there a way to put in css??, im confused like usual
                What Jenni Lou says is true.
                You can put the navigation into a seperate php file and include that in every page.
                All you have to do is to put the navigation into a div, let's say id="navigation"
                so you'd get:

Code:
                <div id="navigation">
                 <a href="link.php">link</a>
                 etc.
                </div>
                and save it under (for instance) navigation.php

then in your site where you want the coding of the naviation you use:
                PHP Code:
                <? 

include("navigation.php"); 
                ?>
                also all pages in which you are including this navigation.php have to be php files as well. html files can't include and read php tags, while php files do read html.

also, small note to dana's post above: you have to add px after the 1.
                Since there is many variations in 1, a browser will not know what it means.
                You won't have a trouble with it when it's 1 with a border, because the border is standard set to 1px, but if you want it 2px or whatever, it won't work because it misses the value.
                The only time you don't have to add px or em or anything is when using 0.
                Since 0 cars, 0 houses and 0 pixels is all the same

Comment

Does anyone know how to rotate headers like on Danas Site?
                  http://dana.thedudes.nu/chosenart/index.html

Comment

You need a random image script. I'll try and post one soon of someone else doesn't get to it first. Although you could probably google it and find one.
                    sigpic
                    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Or thanks ill try googling it

Comment

I need help. So I installed Movable Type and everything is great. I tested the comments and it works fine. Well, apparently that is just my comments that will work fine. It seems no one else can post any. Now, I searched all around help and support and all the help files and whatnot and the forum....I can't find an answer. Now, you can go to my site and try to add a comment and see what it says. One person told me they got a message:
                        Your comment submission failed for the following reasons:

Text entered was wrong. Try again.

Return to the original entry.
                        So I am wondering:

1. Is this the same error everyone is getting?

2. Does anyone ave any ideas how this can be fixed? I am so confused. It is rather an odd error.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                          I need help. So I installed Movable Type and everything is great. I tested the comments and it works fine. Well, apparently that is just my comments that will work fine. It seems no one else can post any. Now, I searched all around help and support and all the help files and whatnot and the forum....I can't find an answer. Now, you can go to my site and try to add a comment and see what it says. One person told me they got a message:

So I am wondering:

1. Is this the same error everyone is getting?

2. Does anyone ave any ideas how this can be fixed? I am so confused. It is rather an odd error.
                          I can only answer one of your questions. I commented you just now and the first time it didn't work because I didn't have my email address in there (silly me) but then I entered my email address and it worked perfectly fine. I was able to comment your post. Just figured I'd let you know.

It might just be a one-time thing for that person...? I dunno.
                          wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Thanks for the comment, Heather. I feel better knowing at least one went through. :/
                            sigpic

Comment

im trying to figure out siteskin for my site. but im not getting this. do i need too have just the div id's and content on a page or stylesheet.. im so confused :P..

Comment

Hey Justin, I can send you the files I use for SiteSkin in just a little bit if you like. Not the exact files, but more like sample files/folders. Like the skin folders/files, a content page...pretty much shows you exactly how I use it. t should be enough to help you understand it better...sometimes it's easier to *see* than *read*

@Jenni Lou, I left you a comment. It worked just fine for me the first time. I know that some scripts require that commenters leave an e-mail address, like fanupdate and wordpress, even if it doesn't display it. Could that be the problem? Because Heather said that it didn't work the first time...I dunno, I don't know anything about Movable Type
                                would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Working...
                                X