Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

FAQ for all your HTML needs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Risa View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but oh well. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good free web hosting site. Geocities at Yahoo is closing, and while my website sucks I don't want it to be gone forever, so I have to find a place to move it to. So any suggestions on a good free web hosting place would be really appreciated.
    I can host you if you want, I've got oodles of space available.

SJ
    xox
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

• Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
      I am using a different laptop right now because mine has been getting fixed, and I am trying to remember passwords I havent typed in for ages, and I tried all my typical ones to log into the gallery, but none of them worked and now it's telling me that I am banned from the gallery, and I can't even view it anymore either, :S
      As long as you didn't physically ban yourself, I believe it is only temporary. You should be able to try again shortly.

In my help doc:
      Number of failed login attempts until temporary ban (to avoid brute force attacks)

To make brute force attacks (where a hostile script tries to log into coppermine as admin by running through all possible combinations of username and password automatically) less effective Coppermine temporarily bans the IP address of a possible attacker after a certain amount of failed logins. This way, the brute force attack would need way to long to try all possible combinations.
      With this setting you specify the maximum number of failed log-in attempts before the IP address of the user is temporarily banned
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• Thanks hun, got it back again, was just a moment of panic last night!
        SJ
        x
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
          Okay. Now without shaking your head and sighing at me. I have a bit of a problem with my coppermine gallery on Radiance.... I accidentally got myself banned from it?

I am using a different laptop right now because mine has been getting fixed, and I am trying to remember passwords I havent typed in for ages, and I tried all my typical ones to log into the gallery, but none of them worked and now it's telling me that I am banned from the gallery, and I can't even view it anymore either, :S

I just want to know if there is any way around this? Or how long this ban lasts? (I am assuming it is temporary!)

And yes... I realise I'm an idiot. So, just anyone that can help, I'd really appreciate it!!!

SJ
          xox
          This just happened to me on Screencap Paradise
          For some reason my laptop has decided to "forget" my login (why? I have no idea) and I couldn't remember my username/password combination

I'm glad I saw this had just happened to you, and that access comes back by itself, otherwise I'd have panicked

So I'm guessing... 24 hours? *sits back and waits*
          >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

• Originally posted by Leloo View Post
            This just happened to me on Screencap Paradise
            For some reason my laptop has decided to "forget" my login (why? I have no idea) and I couldn't remember my username/password combination

I'm glad I saw this had just happened to you, and that access comes back by itself, otherwise I'd have panicked

So I'm guessing... 24 hours? *sits back and waits*
            LOL... you could've asked me... I know your login

Comment

• So this has always baffled me and I want to use it now too so perhaps someone can solve the mystery?

I want to run a random image w/ quote that changes with each reload of the site. I know how to do this with only images (had a header deal way back that did that) but I don't know how to do it like the BBC does.

Anyone??
              PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED
              sigpic
              With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
              Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Comment

• Hey Dana, I have a randomise script that I use for banners on the archives sites, you can do images, text, anything, all the html coding has to be on one line though.
                I will PM it over,
                SJ
                x
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dana View Post
                  So this has always baffled me and I want to use it now too so perhaps someone can solve the mystery?

I want to run a random image w/ quote that changes with each reload of the site. I know how to do this with only images (had a header deal way back that did that) but I don't know how to do it like the BBC does.

Anyone??
                  I'm not great with Javascript but maybe this or this would help?

I have an idea of how to do this in PHP, but I've never actually tried it myself yet...

(Edit: Or go with Sayjay on this one )
                  would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys!
                    Can't wait to put this to use!
                    sigpic

Comment

• So I have another problem. I've been having this for years but never bothered trying to fix it. Safe to say I'm trying now. I'm using div's and when the inner div's of an outer one moves in height, it overlaps the outer one. The outer one isn't moving with the inner one. I've googled this issue to death and the solution I keep finding is to add
                      Code:
                      overflow: auto;
                      height:1%;
                      to the outer div, but it's not solving anything. Does anybody have any advice on this issue? Must work in both IE and FF of course

here's my css w/ the code that's not helping..
                      Code:
                      #content
                      {
                      	width:800px;
                      	margin-left:auto;
                      	margin-right:auto;
                      	height:1%;
                      	background: url(contentbg.jpg) repeat-y center top;
                      	color: #fff;
                      	overflow: auto;

}
                      should be added that the inner div(s) are floating
                      sigpic

Comment

• did you try setting the height to auto? that's how mine is set and I don't have that problem.

I also have my overflow set to hidden though I don't know oif that makes a difference or not, to be honest.
                        sigpic
                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                          did you try setting the height to auto? that's how mine is set and I don't have that problem.

I also have my overflow set to hidden though I don't know oif that makes a difference or not, to be honest.
                          I've been playing the height back and forth between auto and 1% I did add position: relative and that stopped the overflow but now it gets cut off. the overflow: hidden hides the scrolls I suddenly got with (overflow:auto) position:relative

so weird that I'm getting this issue when things look like I've done it right. must be missing some tiny little mini detail I can't see because I've turned blind Thanks for your help though!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wish I knew more concretely how to fix it. I am very much a trial and error coder. I will spend an hour trying to fix one damn thing by changing different variables. That's what you get for being self-taught, I suppose. No doubt my own stylesheets have some errors in them
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                              Wish I knew more concretely how to fix it. I am very much a trial and error coder. I will spend an hour trying to fix one damn thing by changing different variables. That's what you get for being self-taught, I suppose. No doubt my own stylesheets have some errors in them
                              I'm pretty much the same, so I definitely get what you mean and am pretty sure a lot of my coding isn't "up to code" (pun kinda intended) But damn if this problem hasn't been running around and messing with my brain for years. Bastard, I tell ya!

Anyone else have advice? Sayjay? Rosalie? Some other very brilliant person who wants to make my life less hellish?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Rar okay, I'm confused, why do you need to put in a height variable at all? I tend to just leave it out and only use width: ?px - if for some reason I have something that I NEED to be at least 50px or something I use the min-height: 50px variable, so that I know that div will be at least 50px high or whatever, but other than that I don't use the height one. Maybe that's just me though!!
                                SJ
                                x
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X