Fanart By Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanart By Others

This thread is for all the beautiful art and talented artists you found on the world wide web. Feel free to share your favourites with us.

It doesn't matter what kind of art you link to or what you share. But please link instead of repost.
    Some artists don't mind it if you repost their stuff (with a credit), but others do not like that. So let's not take any risks.

I'll share some of my favourite stuff later on today.

Okay, some of my drawing/painting heroes. <3

Alice X. Zhang
    A woman who creates beautiful portraits of celebs and famous characters (by example Harry Potter, Disney, Doctor Who). I love her use of colour and brushwork. My background is currently one of her Rapunzel pieces.
    Her own site, her older work on DA, her tumblr & her Instagram.

Atalienart/Natello
    As a Harry Potter fan I adore her unique versions of the characters. The way she captures movement is stunning.
    Her Tumblr, her DA & her Instagram.

(Lady) NLMDA:
    Creepy fanart with dramatic colours and great brushwork.
    Her Tumblr & older work at her DA.

These ones are less fanart-y:

Aaron Griffin
    The creator of my favourite brushset. He is the master of the brush anyway. Just look at some of his timelapses.
    His ArtStation, his website, his Instagram & his DA. Also visit his YT page, there is even a free tutorial that is an hour long.

Piotr Jabłoński
    Super creative, great use of muted colours and I love the slightly creepy atmosphere.
    His DA & his ArtStation

Bastien Lecouffe Deharme
    Another talented man who has a very clear own style and uses often muted colours. He made great brushsets as well (this one and others can be found on his DA).
    His ArtStation, his Instagram & his DA.

Yuri Shwedoff
    Creative matte paintings, his older work include some fanart. His recent work looks more 3D though.
    His ArtStation, his website, his Tumblr & his Instagram.

Greg Rutkowski
    Loads of concept work for games and other things. All very impressive. But also some stunning and creative paintings. His brushwork is spectacular. This one is my favourite.
    His Instagram & his ArtStation.

And some wonderful artwork besides the art made by the listed artists:

Lucius Malfoy by Pierre Raveneau

Batman by Ahmed Rawi

Prague by Darek Zabrocki

Harry Potter by blvnk

Ygritte by Firman

Not really fanart since it's official work made for Bloomsbury. But it's just too stunning...
    Harry Potter stuff by Jim Kay

Comment

Inspirational - thanks Nina!
      sigpic

Comment

I started a Buffy Art thread in the Other Discussions thread. I didn't realise artists didn't like us posting their art, so it's probably better if you shut down the thread Nina. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I started a Buffy Art thread in the Other Discussions thread. I didn't realise artists didn't like us posting their art, so it's probably better if you shut down the thread Nina. Thanks.
          I can't close threads in any other section but Fanart, maybe you could PM an admin (most of them are familiar with the fanart community) and let them decide if the thread can stay?

Comment

I tried to close it myself, and that worked

Comment

Wow, I had no idea we could close our own threads.

Comment

I had absolutely no idea where to post this, so If It's wrong forgive me. This is a OOOC Spike doll, and very pretty it is too. Maybe a little too very pretty, but I know when it comes to these high priced doll collectors they seem to prefer it that way for some weird reason.

https://www.facebook.com/cyguydolls/...type=3&theater

Comment

He is very pretty. But what does OOOC mean?

Comment

Oops my typo! It should have read OOAC. Which stands for 'One of a kind'.

Comment

The likeness and the detail are amazing. I wonder what size that doll is. There are more pictures if you follow the link. (Including a shirtless one, for those who like that sort of thing )
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                        The likeness and the detail are amazing. I wonder what size that doll is. There are more pictures if you follow the link. (Including a shirtless one, for those who like that sort of thing )
                        I'm not on Facebook so I can't see shirtless Spike dolls

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          I'm not on Facebook so I can't see shirtless Spike dolls
                          Yeah you can - you're just not trying hard enough!

Open the link DD has posted and then click on Cyguy Dolls at the top left of the image - it takes you to the Home page. I'm not on FB and I can see them...ha ha!

Dunno how much they go for - there's a Farrah Fawcett one on Ebay and that's at $510.
                          Last edited by TriBel; 13-09-19, 02:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                            Yeah you can - you're just not trying hard enough!

Open the link DD has posted and then click on Cyguy Dolls at the top left of the image - it takes you to the Home page. I'm not on FB and I can see them...ha ha!

Dunno how much they go for - there's a Farrah Fawcett one on Ebay and that's at $510.
                            I can go to the page, but before I see anything a very weird picture of a Madonna doll pops up and says Sign In or Join and I don't want to do either and I don't know how to get rid of Madonna. My life is very hard. No one understands what I have to put up with

I used to love Charlie's Angels, but you'd have to love it a lot to spend $500 on a plastic Farrah Fawcett

Comment

I can go to the page, but before I see anything a very weird picture of a Madonna doll pops up and says Sign Ion or Join and I don't want to do either and I don't know how to get rid of Madonna. My life is very hard. No one understands what I have to put up with
                              Are you my mother in disguise? Don't send any money to Nigerian Princes!

Yeah - that happens to me. There should be a "Not now" (also known as "FOFB", "not if my life depended on it", "when hell freezes over") button.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X