Tumbling with Tumblr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    This is really a basic question but I'd really like someone to tell me how Tumblr works. I'm check it out now and again (I joined a while ago) but I don't understand how it works. How do I talk to someone on Tumblr? All I've ever done is 'like' something I've seen.

Oh and i can see a Sunnydale Herald Newsletter and we're still lagging behind BB in mentions

How do I get involved? (Sorry Nina, this is probably just the sort of post you don't want to see on this thread )
    You are, still, and I'm not thrilled with it either, because I know there's a lot of awesome content on this site. It's a matter of logistics, as we explained earlier.

Tip for helping the Sunnydale Herald and the rest of the fandom notice your tumblr posts: tag your original posts with "btvs" or "buffy the vampire slayer" (or "angel the series", but less people follow that tag). You could use this to promote forum threads, too, if you posted links to them on tumblr. Note that we don't include 100% of Buffy content in the newsletter, but things like this could help us not miss stuff.

Comment

Have the new art challenges gone up?? Both to the Herald and our own tumblr page? I'll try to remember to ask buffylover in the fanart chat thread if we are posting on our tumblr still (I haven't posted on it in an age). We're getting busier, we just need to remember to brag about things we have when we have them.

The latest banner/icon prompts and Nina's challenge.
      Last edited by Stoney; 23-08-18, 08:32 AM.

Comment

God Tumblr is far too difficult. How do you write anything in the bit under your picture??

There is no way I can do tags or links or anything else on that damned site. Twitter is so easy, there's a box, you write something then click a button that says Tweet. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          Have the new art challenges gone up?? Both to the Herald and our own tumblr page? I'll try to remember to ask buffylover in the fanart chat thread if we are posting on our tumblr still (I haven't posted on it in an age). We're getting busier, we just need to remember to brag about things we have when we have them.

The latest banner/icon prompts and Nina's challenge.
          FYI, the Herald linked this post from the buffyforums tumblr. http://buffyforums.tumblr.com/post/1...0/come-join-us

Comment

So I, too, have no clue how to use tumblr, however I did make an account and have been browsing through it.

Here

sigpic
            ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
              So I, too, have no clue how to use tumblr, however I did make an account and have been browsing through it.

Here
              I've followed you

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                This is really a basic question but I'd really like someone to tell me how Tumblr works. I'm check it out now and again (I joined a while ago) but I don't understand how it works. How do I talk to someone on Tumblr? All I've ever done is 'like' something I've seen.

Oh and i can see a Sunnydale Herald Newsletter and we're still lagging behind BB in mentions

How do I get involved? (Sorry Nina, this is probably just the sort of post you don't want to see on this thread )
                Sorry - I just haven't been online much - buzz is right about the tags.

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post

Here
                I am spikesjojo over there . Pretty much a Buffy blog - not all that active at the moment - but if you are in the mood for Buffy, you can check out my archive.
                Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

K, set up my tumblr: Ultraviolence It might change once I get the hang of it but you guys are welcome to follow!

Nina, My tumblr address is https://josh-ultraviolence.tumblr.com . Can you please add it? Also, Real Detective's name is J.J, I think.
                  Last edited by Josh; 24-08-18, 08:37 AM.
                  My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

Comment

Followed back, Ahm Shere and Josh.

And bespangled I'm pretty sure you unfollowed the Buffy forums tumblr.

Comment

bespangled I've followed you on Tumblr

Sorry - I just haven't been online much - buzz is right about the tags.
                      I wasn't blaming anyone for BF not getting tons of mentions in The Herald. The problem is that we need an RSS feed and that is simply not going to happen. It's just sad that this place, with some of the most interesting and inspiring conversations, doesn't get he publicity it deserves

- - - Updated - - -

K, set up my tumblr: Ultraviolence It might change once I get the hang of it but you guys are welcome to follow!
                      I'm following
                      Last edited by Priceless; 24-08-18, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Nina, My tumblr address is https://josh-ultraviolence.tumblr.com . Can you please add it? Also, Real Detective's name is J.J, I think.
                        It's done.

Comment

Working...
                        X