Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is definitely something to be said for variety. I'm not sure how quick icons are though, I spent soooooo long looking through screencaps of Spike for the icon challenge (utter hardship of course). But then if it was pressured to just produce one/two that could be quite interesting to see what people came up with.

Has there ever been a rolling battle where people sign up to join like the challenge hosting? A tumblr size one that has a topic and the requirement to use part of the previous and meet one requirement that gets passed around the group might be a nice way to increase the community feel and a bit of activity.

Comment

I've been playing with that idea as well but I always thought that it would be a bit hard to make it work. It happens a lot that people sign up for something but don't enter anything. We've had so many unfinished battles where one of the two just disappeared, hosts who left their challenge before judging, people who promised to make something for a challenge and who never did etc. So for the big battle challenge to work you need a system where others can continue when one person doesn't show up to do their part.

Comment

I have to be honest every time I host a challenge I promise myself this is the last one. I just don't feel as creatively involved with the challenges anymore as I was when I started hosting them. I don't know why that is I think maybe it has to do with the fact that my attention has shifted to writing so much that all my creative fuel comes from there. But then I see the miserable short list of other challenge runners and I get sad and I decide to host another challenge Something happened to the challenges and I think making them more difficult was a great idea but it needs me and not only from the hosts but also from the participants maybe it would be nice to have a thread where people can talk about what kind of challenges they would want to enter and why? Or we can talk about it here? and maybe there might be a voting option for the best idea's? Do we have that or should we have that?

About the continuing battle/challenge I think it is a really nice idea to get some more people involved maybe we can make some rules so that you have to respond in like a week time or it is the other person's turn and you are thrown back to the last in line or something?
        Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
        sigpic

Comment

We've a thread where you can pitch ideas for challenges and where hosts can pick an idea they like. Otherwise you can discuss ideas in this thread as well. So I do think there are enough options to talk about ideas for challenges. Personally I like the factor of suprise, I look forward to seeing what somebody came up with when I see a new challenge. It's even possible that it's part of what inspires me. Ideas I never thought about which push me to try out new things. If we're discussing what kind of challenges we like there is a risk we lose that aspect because everybody will feel the pressure to host challenges we've been talking about already.

Comment

Who wants to be my partner in crime and make an entry for HisMRS' latest awesome challenge?

Comment

I am willing and eager, if you are willing But I am VERY messy ))))
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/smth_blue/

Comment

*yay* I'll send you a PM tomorrow. ^^

Comment

Anyone wanna team up with me for HM's challenge?
                  Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I think I would be at best a source of frustration and at worst a downright anvil to anyone for the collaborative option so I'll probably just try and think of an option 2 at some point for it.

Comment

I would LOVE to try the collaberation part of her challenge, especially since my butt needs to get fanart active again, but I have one issue: I use Paint Shop Pro, so I can't open .PSD files in there. My files in that program save as .PSP. (Unless I can and I don't know it, but I have not been able to yet.) So that would hinder the process a bit. Unless someone is willing to try switching a .png file back and forth so we don't lose the quality?

Comment

Mmm, Bre, is it perhaps possible to save .eps? I remember Photoshop opens those. Perhaps there is some convertor available?
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/smth_blue/

Comment

Originally posted by Smth_Blue View Post
                          Mmm, Bre, is it perhaps possible to save .eps? I remember Photoshop opens those. Perhaps there is some convertor available?
                          I've never tried .eps before, I'll check on that when I get on my desktop. Thank you for the suggestion, lovely lady!

Comment

I'm late to the party, and my brain is fried from lack of sleep, so I will just say HEY and say that I am just thankful to have a place like this where we have such a great fanart community! I do wish it was as active as it used to be, but I'm happy to have the challenges to keep me inspired and forcing me outside my artistic "box".

Also? If anyone doesn't have Photoshop and wants it, I can help...

Comment

I know! This place is fundamental for my inspiration. I'm afraid that if this place dies it will be pretty much the end of my close relationship with my photoshop.

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                              I think I would be at best a source of frustration and at worst a downright anvil to anyone for the collaborative option so I'll probably just try and think of an option 2 at some point for it.
                              If you change your mind and want to try it out, I'm willing to team up with you as well. And so are others probably. Don't worry about being a frustration or anvil. ^^

Comment

Add me to the inspiration brigade. I don't necessarily post everything here that my muse finds here, but I'd say a good percentage of my wallpaper ideas come from challenges.

And yeah, Stoney, I think a lot of us would be willing to work with you. I think it's nice when two people with such differing styles team up and I am SO excited to see what comes out of this challenge!!
                                Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                                X