Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Grab a cuppa and join our Babbington's Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi buffylover, I can only really back up what Nina has said. It is absolutely no reflection of your contribution to the fanart section which is incredible and is always very much appreciated. The wish was to get more moderator presence back on the site and so members who were here regularly and were active in multiple sections was the criteria considered. Obviously there already was a fanart specific mod as Nina has stayed active, but previously she hadn't been a moderator of the other sections too, so that has changed as well. In putting us across the site it just brings the option of responding to any issues more quickly. I appreciate I don't often have the time to produce pieces of fanart, mostly because I'm still learning and take so long over it I need a significant amount of time for even small pieces, but I'm on the site repeatedly through the day, the full 24 hours in fact, and do look through the activity in virtually every section when I am. This was the priority and why the decision does not in any way reflect your individual contribution to the fanart section.

Comment

• Hi there

So, what Nina and Stoney already explained is very true.

To be clear, Stoney and Vampmogs were not added to mod the fanart section. They were added as mods to the whole forum, and I would not know why I would then remove them from certain subforums.

The reason for this is that all admins and mods, like me, are from the old days and some of use are only online once a year. I'm basically only still an admin because if sh*t hits the van, I'm technical enough to fix the forum/hosting/etc. I have no clue who are active users in specific subforums. So I checked who are the most active users on the whole forum and are online a lot. That's how the decision was made. It had nothing to do with the fanart section. And like the others said: Nina is still active here. I wasn't aware that the FanArt section would need a dedicated extra mod. But the whole forum definitely does.
      The last time I was actually active was several years ago. So I felt the need to make sure there were 2 new members of the staff team that would cover the whole board, and not one section.
      It has nothing to do with you, I just looked at the top 5 of most active members of the forum. I'm sure you create wonderful art and are an amazing member here in this section, I just don't know because I'm never here.

Hope that clears it up.

Comment

• Aww, thank you Priceless.

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
        To be clear, Stoney and Vampmogs were not added to mod the fanart section. They were added as mods to the whole forum, and I would not know why I would then remove them from certain subforums.
        Because they don't spend their time on this side of the forum.

But I thought each section was allowed a dedicated mod. I'm afraid they won't be suited on the fan art because their not around in this section.

And the old mods were fan artists which made real sense because it was the fan art section.

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
        It has nothing to do with you, I just looked at the top 5 of most active members of the forum. I'm sure you create wonderful art and are an amazing member here in this section, I just don't know because I'm never here.
        People don't understand it's not about me creating wonderful art it's about me as a user is around regularly on the fan art section.

All-time spent creating artworks and challenges even step by steps is giving this side activity, so this just tells me that I dedicate my time on this side more regularly then some.

That's all I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffylover View Post
          Because they don't spend their time on this side of the forum.
          That's not how it works, I added them to the whole forum
          I didn't add them to the FanArt section, but since it's a part of the whole forum, they are automatically also mods here.

But I thought each section was allowed a dedicated mod. I'm afraid they won't be suited on the fan art because their not around in this section.

And the old mods were fan artists which made real sense because it was the fan art section.
          I used to be a fan artist too.. but I'm sure you don't know since I haven't made any art since you are a member. My most active years were from 2003 - 2006 Before the whole forum crashed in 2007.
          Anyway, each section a dedicated mod? Not that I know, only when it's needed.
          Like there used to be a lot of crap in the fanfiction, so there was a dedicated mod there because others like Nikki, Cori, Lyn or myself didn't go there.

The fanart has Nina. If Nina would tell me that it's too much for her, we would look at it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosely View Post
            That's not how it works, I added them to the whole forum
            I didn't add them to the FanArt section, but since it's a part of the whole forum, they are automatically also mods here.
            Anyway, each section a dedicated mod? Not that I know, only when it's needed.
            Yes, I think you are allowed to have specific mods on each section because I don't see Sosa's name on the fan art and there is no Smth_blue's name on the top side of the forum.

I'm done this now.

Comment

Working...
            X