Challenge 82: Technical - Blending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted

Credit: brushes - daydreaming (click for full size image)

This tutorial was actually pretty close to how I tend to create pieces, so it was interesting to see where the differences were. I haven't messed about with the flow/opacity jitter on brushes before, so I learned about that and I don't tend to put the shots on lighten against each other, so that was new too. I also probably tend to have more negative space than I let myself use here, as I was trying to place more pics as per the tutorial. I really appreciated learning a bit more about Photoshop. Sorry for posting late.
    Last edited by Stoney; 22-10-19, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Can we keep this thread open a little more because I would like to try again?

You guys made me inspired to try another one!

Comment

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
        Can we keep this thread open a little more because I would like to try again?

You guys made me inspired to try another one!
        Definitely. I might attempt another one.

Comment

I don't see any problem at all with keeping it open if people are still wanting to explore the technique. I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to do another as the school hols are about to start and I need to catch up with the rewatch, but you never know. It'll be great to see what others produce anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            I've just started this tutorial and I'm not sure that it is picture opacity that the adjustment is meant for, which could explain the difference in the boldness of the tutorial pics against your own. The tutorial says...
            "I choose two caps to start. And I place them on the canvas and apply layer masks, erasing away parts of them. I want to pause and say that erasing can be very subtle. I rarely erase with the Flow or Opacity set at 100%. In fact, I like to have the Flow (or Opacity should work just as well if you are using an older version of Photohsop) set somewhere between 18-30%. This way is erases part but not all of the images and it allows for the image to fade more naturally rather than just ending abruptly. The only trick to make sure that you keep softly erasing away the harder edges of the caps."

I think she is referring to a brush setting. I didn't know what 'flow' was so I did a google search and it seems to be an alternate to affecting opacity and when it is used on a brush then it affects the control you have over increasing a build up on your brush strokes. I called up the brush panel (window > brush) and under 'transfer' there appears to be an opacity and a flow 'jitter' option. Increasing this seems to bring in gaps to the brush stroke that would soften the effect a bit and then the idea of needing to 'keep softly erasing away the harder edges of the caps' would make sense. It is a bit like putting a grey setting on your brush when erasing in the layer mask so that you are only softly reducing the picture away rather than getting hard edges. I think this is what is meant rather than reducing picture opacity.

I'd really like to hear the opinion of those who are far more practiced and knowledgable in Photoshop, because I could be completely wrong.
            I think your interpretation makes most sense. Changing the opacity of the whole layer against a black background would make it very dark.
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Images by @btvsscreenshots Insta

Comment

Working...
              X