No announcement yet.

The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really like the wallpaper choice to add in some more tone to the mood and how you haven't given it a hard edge but blended it over/around them. The colour in the flower really goes against the hues of her skin/lips that creates a nice visual rhyme binding them too. It's a really sweet banner Pricey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Really like the wallpaper choice to add in some more tone to the mood and how you haven't given it a hard edge but blended it over/around them. The colour in the flower really goes against the hues of her skin/lips that creates a nice visual rhyme binding them too. It's a really sweet banner Pricey.
      Thank you so much Stoney You know what difficulties I've had with blending. This banner was really simple, just one screencap and a wallpaper. I was going to use another image with Cordy's hands over her mouth, but I couldn't get the images to work together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Thank you so much Stoney You know what difficulties I've had with blending. This banner was really simple, just one screencap and a wallpaper. I was going to use another image with Cordy's hands over her mouth, but I couldn't get the images to work together.
        Sometimes a simpler approach can be really effective though and it just works here with the focus so much on the one shot I think. You're clearly benefiting from repeatedly trying different pieces with the blending. Letting the images overlay each other in places is often a great tactic for bringing them together to sit as a whole and not end up as floating images side by side.

Comment

• A scene/moment that fills you with joy?

Fandom:
          Pretty Little Liars.
          Episode: S1E20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
          Pairing: Spencer Hastings & Toby Cavanaugh - Spoby

"Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• A scene/moment that fills you with joy? [1/3]

I started with this one first. At the moment of my life, I'm really enjoying this video game called 'Red Dead Redemption'.

And by looking at every scenery and moment with the character you play Arthur Morgan is just breathtaking it just fills me with joy.

A Tumblr banner set graphics.

Heartlands.

Credits;

Until next time,

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

• The scene that makes me cry every time is from The Prom, when Jonathan delivers his 'we don't you very well' speech and awards Buffy the Class Protector award

Image from @kissthemgoodbye.net

Comment

• A scene/moment that makes you cry.

Fandom: Various

Because several of these banners have spoilery stuff in them, I'm gonna put them in spoilers. Then it'll be up to you whether to check them out or not

The Vampire Diaries
                Spoiler:

How I Met Your Mother
                Spoiler:

Once Upon a Time
                Spoiler:

Pretty Little Liars
                Spoiler:

Supernatural
                Spoiler:
                "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• What makes you think . . . everything! So GoSpuffy said I should just let Spike be my muse, and this is what amused me. Cheers GoSpuffy

Images by JavaJunkie247 and her Spuffy Aesthetic Pack

Comment

• buffylover
                    buffylover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSIVE! Priceless! LOVE THIS SO MUCH! great style and execution.

• Priceless
                    Priceless commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you buffylover, that means so lot coming from you

• Anyone up to starting another round?

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

• I can't see me getting enough time in the near future as I'll do another of the site ones if I get a chunk of free time for this. But I'm always wishing I was faster so that I could join in more and I'd definitely love to see what everyone else makes, even if I don't get to join in this time.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                      Double Dutchess commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah same here I'm afraid (except it's not a site banner I'll be needing my time for)

• I'm up for it! I'm always creating that kind of art at the moment. So I'll be happy to join in.

Comment

• Stoney I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad that you're trying to find the time to have something made! I assume you mean the banner for BuffyForums, Or Am I understanding you incorrectly?
                      Double Dutchess I hope you're well during this time and you're business stems from positive activities!

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                      I'm up for it! I'm always creating that kind of art at the moment. So I'll be happy to join in.
                      Well, I'm up for it if you are. Let me know if you want me to get us started with questions or you want to have a go!

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

• Stoney
                        Stoney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, I said I'd try to find time to make a second and it'll be tough to fit that in so I can't imagine I'd manage others here too. Always interested to see what everyone else does though.

• Josh
                        Josh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Stoney oh, for sure! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the site <3

• Double Dutchess
                        Double Dutchess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Josh, I'm fine! Just busy with work and needing my spare time for some other projects.

• Josh I would be more than happy to set the questions. Of course, if you don't mind.

Comment

• Josh
                        Josh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don’t mind at all!

• I came up with these set of question and I'm hoping it sets some motivation off.

Fandom; ANYTHING

BLACK AND WHITE [1/3]

ATMOSPHERE [2/3]

AESTHETIC [3/3]

Deadline. (FOUR WEEKS) 24TH MAY 2020
                      Last edited by buffylover; 27-04-20, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Not a huge fan of banners because I never manage to make more than one panel I like. But it's currently the only challenge/prompt and I could use some practice. The set isn't very complicated, but it was doing something else for once.

[1/3] Black & White

It's The Witcher (and Ciri).

Resources: Mr. Cavill, IGN Benelux & Chodingdino

Comment

Working...
                        X