• Show
Clear All

• I'm doing the next set of questions.

Fandom; Buffyverse comics.

Your best colour. [1/3]

Your best Panel. [2/3]

The best character. [3/3]

Deadline. (FOUR WEEKS) 8th March 2019
    Last edited by buffylover; 09-02-19, 11:18 AM.

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

• 1. Your Best Colour

The colour I chose to use was a light cyan, as shown on this cover

I used that colour in the following icons;

Art by Steve Morris, Jonathan Lam, Phil Noto, Georges Jeanty
      Last edited by Priceless; 08-02-19, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffylover View Post
        I'm doing the next set of questions.

Fandom; Buffy comics.
        Yay, a comics challenge! When you say "Buffy comics" should I interpret this as strictly the Buffy comics from Dark Horse, or is it general Buffyverse comics (including the IDW Angel comics)?

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        1. Your Best Colour

The colour I chose to use was a light cyan, as shown on this cover
        I love your choice of colour, and how you used it as a unifying theme for your icons. It's a nice set! But are they supposed to be this big?
        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I love your choice of colour, and how you used it as a unifying theme for your icons. It's a nice set! But are they supposed to be this big?
          If I said yes, would you believe me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
            Yay, a comics challenge! When you say "Buffy comics" should I interpret this as strictly the Buffy comics from Dark Horse, or is it general Buffyverse comics (including the IDW Angel comics)?
            Yes, every comic that is based on the Buffyverse! even the reboot. Btw their is no feedback so you can be laid-back and have FUN!

And Priceless loving your set their are really good! Especially your colour scheme and blend! amazing technique your growing so much!

My personal favourite is the one with Buffy holding the scythe! basically the bottom three!

Comment

• 2. My Best Panel

As a Spuffy fanatic, I love the end of S11 when Buffy tells Spike that she loves him, and he believes her.
              The surrounding panels are better looking, perhaps more romantic, but it's the 'I love you too' panel that gave me the most happiness. I haven't changed it much, because it's the height of Spuffiness.

Screencaps - Alicewish.github.io
              Comic art - Rebekah Isaacs

Comment

• I tried to answer all three.

I really loved the art style and colour of the later Buffy omnibuses. Volume 7 has so much darkness and emotion within Buffy's character.

It's not girly it's mature this is why I love this comic it captured the later seasons perfectly within the artistic values.

Silence.

Credits,
                All mine.

Comment

• Love your favourite panel Pricey and wow buffylover yours are beautiful, so vibrant which I'm starting to associate with your pieces.

This is for 3/3 - favourite character and I've used a shot from the Boom comic because it's gorgeous. I could also argue it is favourite colour too as so many of my pieces seem to end up with variations of black/blue/brown within them. I'm tempted to change my banner to this now, hmmm.

I'm glad I managed to get in one entry, but I also had several panel choices as possibilities in mind from the canon comics for my favourite panel to pick from. Unfortunately I definitely won't have time to do this before the deadline tomorrow and as I also have a piece buzzing around in my head for Nina's challenge which finishes next week, I'm not going to beg an extension as I want to make sure I get at least one entry in for that too. I may well come back to this though if I ever do make the other banner I had thought of. I really liked the prompt to use the comics.

Comment

• buffylover, those are great! I love your clean style and vibrant colours.

Stoney, I love that you used the latest Boom! comic. Spike looks really good in it and the text you added is perfect for that panel.

Now for my own contribution. Having almost no time, I've tried to be efficient by answering all three questions in one go. Obviously, my favourite character is Spike (3/3), and since my favourite comics artist is Franco Urru (RIP) I took a panel from Spike: After the Fall showing Spike being all badass (2/3). The only thing I don't like about the original version of this panel (and all of Spike:AtF) is that the colours are on the drab side. I wish Fabio Mantovani had been the colourist; he's the one who coloured (among other things) the final parts of Angel:AtF and the first parts of the Spike series. I adore his colour palette with its rich reds, purples and blues, and I used it as my inspiration to recolour the panel I chose (1/3). I'm not quite satisfied with the result, because what I came up with is light years away from what Fabio Mantovani would have done, but still I'm happy that I managed to do SOMETHING for this challenge. (Technically it's already 9 March where I am, but let's just imagine I'm posting from Hawaii or something.)

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so when I said "not quite satisfied" in my post above, what I really meant was "not happy at all". It was a total rush job and Spike just ended up looking sunburnt (pretty incongruous for a vampire). So I've cheated with the deadline, and remade it in cool tones; now Spike is a vampire by night, as he should be. I'm much happier with this version; it's much closer to what I had in mind, trying to emulate FM's fabulous colours.

My apologies for not respecting the deadline. I'll leave the previous version up even though it's an embarrassment

Last edited by Double Dutchess; 10-03-19, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• These are really high-quality artwork projects you people have here, congratulations and kudos on that accomplishment.

Comment

• Who would be up for more of these challenges?
                        "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• I most definitely would!

Comment

• I guess I'll just get things kicked off, and people can join if they wish?

Let's set the 'deadline' for Dec. 14 (also my birthday :P) so we can do a Christmas one after, if we want

Fandom: Whatever you wish.

1. A scene/moment that fills you with joy.
                            2. A scene/moment that makes you think.
                            3. A scene/moment that makes you cry.

Deadline: December 14th, 2019.
                            "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• It's unlikely I will be able to do anything before 14 December, but I'm definitely up for a Christmas challenge!

Comment

• Moment that fills me with JOY . . . Cordelia greeting Angel on his return in Heartthrob. She's so happy to see him and it's such a sweet moment.

Screencap by myself, wallpaper from www.vintagewallpapers.be

Comment

Working...
                                X