No announcement yet.

The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great set Josh, I like the style too.

And buffylover, your heroic banners are beautiful, I love the pastel tints.

I didn't manage to complete the second and third parts of the challenge, but if there are new challenges I will definitely try to find the time to participate again, even if it's only partially.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Best mood - Intimacy

(you can click if you want to have a peek at the larger versions)

All resources are my own.

There are moments throughout the show where the impact in the moment comes because of what we know about the depth of the relationships, what they know about each other. These characters have close dynamics and choose to be in each other's lives. It doesn't matter if it is familial, romantic or friendship based. Or if the moments are happy, sad, loving or filled with anger. The best thing about the show for me is how much these moments touch me because of the intimacy they share. I chose four dynamics and produced a pair of icons for each.

I would have loved to do more and had scenes in mind for Giles/Buffy, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara too. There are just so many that I could have looked at because it is where the series excels I think. But I forgot how time consuming doing icons is (this is only the second time I've done a set) and with the HD versions available I couldn't resist getting new screengrabs for them all. Plus, I'm so rusty with fanart/photoshop I had to remind myself about even just basic colouring techniques. I'm sorry I didn't get on to doing either of the other two parts and I will definitely try to find the time to keep joining in, even if I don't manage more than a portion of the whole. I need to get back into the flow of it all (and will probably avoid icons again for a while, ha!). It has been great to see some more activity in this section of the site.
      Last edited by Stoney; 22-08-18, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Stoney, I really appreciate that you enter this meme challenge with your gorgeous set of icons! especially considering the school holidays.

Actually, I really and truly appreciate everyone entries. So thank you so much for the entries it makes me happy! everyone did an absolutely fantastic job!

And that is round one over! Round two is about to begin.

Who would be willing to set their own three desired questions for round two?

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

Thank you for a very thought provoking and invigorating round! I would be happy to take on this round of questions! Are we doing placement/awards?

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

That would be fantastic Josh!

These set of questions are really entirely up to you! any requirements etc... It needs to be three questions.

There is no rewards or feedback for these kinds of challenges, it was really just a nice way to get people to create again to try and inspire everyone, but If you wish to host rewards or even feedback IMO I would think it would be more suitable for the challenges like the old days your own professional thread.

Comment

That's fine! I will come up with my own set of questions (:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
              Hello and welcome to the meme challenge. This is where you can get prompt to inspire throughout your artwork. This thread is specifically for banner/icons art basically smaller graphics. The meme challenge will consist of these questions, answer them the best of your creative abilities. There is a deadline for these set of memes/challenges because I would love for us as an art community to let someone else continue with their own specific sets of desired questions, if not I would just continue creating the lists of questions depending on the activity.

"If people wish to do icons you can do more than one if you wish, for example, you could answer the question within a set of icons not just only one."
              The first set of questions by Josh are;

Fandom(s); The Buffyverse, Game of Thrones, Veronica Mars

1. Your top WTF?! Moment.

2. Your most RELATABLE Moment.

3. Your most DISAPPOINTING Moment.

If you need any further explanation on the questions, feel free to contact me via PM!

Deadline. (FOUR WEEKS) 17th September 2018 (Possible continuation per Stoney's request)

Hope this round of questions will get you to come up with some amazing artwork and inspiration!

Mods, I realize I'm posting message after message but I was afraid that people will miss my post. If you want me to delete the other one or edit this one into the other let me know!

Comment

1. My Top WTF! Moment . . . I'm re-watching Angel and this was the first thing that came to mind . . .

Comment

Nice questions, thanks Josh! I'll see what I can do, but it's going to be tough, in particular with Nina's challenge going on in parallel (and I'm already pressed for time anyway). So I support Stoney's request for a deadline extension!
                  https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Great challenge! Although all my entries will have to be from Buffy as I have never seen Veronica Mars or Game of Thrones! :eek:

So my first entry,

Your Top WTF! Moment

Was a hard choice in Buffy, because a few choices came to my mind. (I almost came close to doing a Passion/Jenny Calendar banner.) But then I thought of Restless. The Cheese Man, still my #1 WTF moment in Buffy because when you see him in that episode you think...WTF are you doing here? WTF is your purpose?!

So yeah. Cheese Man is my top WTF moment in Buffy.

sigpic
                    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      1. My Top WTF! Moment . . . I'm re-watching Angel and this was the first thing that came to mind . . .

That is by far one of those moments in the show where you go WTF IS GOING ON?! Great job!

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                      Nice questions, thanks Josh! I'll see what I can do, but it's going to be tough, in particular with Nina's challenge going on in parallel (and I'm already pressed for time anyway). So I support Stoney's request for a deadline extension!
                      Thanks! We will discuss the extension towards the deadline for sure!

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                      Great challenge! Although all my entries will have to be from Buffy as I have never seen Veronica Mars or Game of Thrones! :eek:

So my first entry,

Your Top WTF! Moment

Was a hard choice in Buffy, because a few choices came to my mind. (I almost came close to doing a Passion/Jenny Calendar banner.) But then I thought of Restless. The Cheese Man, still my #1 WTF moment in Buffy because when you see him in that episode you think...WTF are you doing here? WTF is your purpose?!

So yeah. Cheese Man is my top WTF moment in Buffy.

Haha! The Cheese Man does raise a lot of questions to the point of people writing essays about his purpose. I believe Joss said in an interview that he had none whatsoever and was just there. Great job!

Comment

2. My most relatable moment

- - - Updated - - -

3. My Most Disappointing Moment

Comment

Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.
                            I have seen Buffy so many times, that the WTF moments don't have the same impact anymore. But I've only seen Angel a couple of times, this might be my third full watch, and I can still feel an echo of that first shock at seeing Cordy and Connor having sex. I loved Angel watching them through the window and the absolute rage on his face. I though red was just the colour to portray that rage. I chose the text because Cordy says she wants to give Connor, something real.

I relate to a a lot of things within the show, but I thought this was quite funny. Buffy is Boss, but Robin is her boss. I spend a lot of time of work waiting for things to happen and trying to fill time, so I relate. It's incredibly derivative, but I love the way others have used that image of Buffy and I love the bright colours others use and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm not very good at cutting out images, so I needed the practice.

There are very few disappointing moments in Buffy. But running after Riley is perhaps the worst thing Buffy ever does. I was disappointed in her for running after someone who didn't respect her. I wanted to use images of Buffy running, but I don't have the expertise to make that work well, she looks too static for the image to work well. I used the red for the emotion and to signify the blood Riley gave to the suck whores. My favourite part is the text, I like the size and I think it works better than the image.

If anyone wants to know anything else, please feel free to ask

Comment

My Most Relatable Moment

As a woman, when walking home at night I always feel vulnerable and cautious, and anyone who I walk by, I'm instantly on guard. Also, I know I'm not strong enough to fight anyone off. This is why this moment in Helpless is really relatable to me. Buffy is walking home at night when she's cat-called and leered at, however she's weak because of the upcoming test (of course at this moment she thinks she's like every other person, she thinks she is losing her slayer ability.) Just about every woman has had this happen to her once in her life, and especially if it happens at night, it's scary. The look on Buffy's face, the way her arms are wrapped around her, I see me in this moment. That's why I chose it.

Most Disappointing Moment

As a huge Spuffy fan, the moment that Spike and Anya got together was one of the most disappointing moments for me. I tried to do something similar to what buffylover did on the tutorial but alas I need a lot more practise!

Last edited by Ahm Shere; 20-08-18, 09:32 PM.

sigpic
                              ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I have to admit I struggled with 'WTF moment' so I think I have to go back to it. So instead I answered the second question.

Your most RELATABLE Moment. [1/3]

I just love the fact that Buffy has a normal job it's relatable.

"Get the double treat/that's so
                                double sweet/oh it's hard to
                                beat/when the meat meets the ..."

Credits; All mine. VLC screencaps by each episode downloaded {here}.

Until next time,

Last edited by buffylover; 03-09-18, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X