No announcement yet.

The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi you all, stunning banners have been posted here already. So I wanted to make something as well, sadly enough banners are not my forte. And making something with the (often limited) BtVS/Ats screencaps is even worse for me. So, bear with me and my cheating.

My favorite mood in the whole Buffyverse is Cordelia's serenity in her final episode. We're talking here about a very young woman who gave everything for the good fight and in return she got horribly abused by the gods. And still, she's not bitter for a minute when she gets one last day on earth. She uses those last few hours to fight the good fight, to help her friends and enjoy everything that made her life worth it. Usually it would make sense to use caps of that last scene, but it didn't work out for me. So I made a banner that has little to do with mood, but I enter it anyway because I made it for this challenge.

Your best Mood. [1/3]

Credits: Daydreaming, Zugma, Black Lagoon, David Holland

Now I'm looking at it, it could fit the other themes as well. But I made it for mood, so here you go.

Comment

My second banner is super simple, but in the end this scene is about the text and not about Kate and Angel sitting on a bench.

Your best inspiring moment. [2/3]

I think this conversation marks two inspirational events:

1) The first event is rather obvious. Angel had an epiphany and finally found his motivation to fight. I like what he came up with a lot, it's by far the most philosophical motivation a character came up with in de 'verse. It's also one that can be applied to our lives and world. His whole mini speech:

Well, I guess I kinda worked it out. If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters... , then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today. I fought for so long, for redemption, for a reward, and finally just to beat the other guy, but I never got it. [...] Not all of it. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because, I don't think people should suffer as they do. Because, if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

2) The second event is that this epiphany marks the end of more than 100 years of depression. I'm pretty sure that Liam was already depressed as a human and that his depression came back with the soul. Of course he experienced positive moments in the past, but the real change happened after Epiphany IMO. An episode which is basically the second part of Reprise, the episode where Angel tries to commit suicide. These two episodes change the game. Angel falls a bit back in season 5, but even then he is not nearly as gloomy and depressed-looking as he was in BtVS or Ats season 1/first half of season 2. The Angel we see in season 3 and 4 is more certain of himself, optimistic and less inclined to punish himself for things he can't help. The confrontation with Holtz is probably the best example of his mental health improving. And in my opinion it's extremely impressive that Angel after all those years finds the way back to a healthier state of mind.

Like I said, very simple. But it shoud be about the text and a banner simply requires a 'less is more'-approach.

credits: IMDB, Daydreaming & Pixeden.

Comment

Your best Mood. [1/3]

OK, this is a homage () to my beloved Christos Gage, who said in an interview how he thinks readers would react to The Reckoning:

I have no idea, I just hope they like it. I know there will be things that make some people furious, and hopefully other things people will like. As for how the outcome will affect the Buffyverse, that’s why we make the books… you gotta read ‘em to find out!

Since I'm already furious... my best Mood is Angry:

My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Comment

And the third entry:

The best heroic moment. [3/3]

For me it was between Prophecy Girl and Not Fade Away. Both episodes have a rather similar theme in the end. Both team Angel and Buffy made the decision to go on a mission despite knowing that it will cost them their lives. Eventually I went with PG because of Buffy's age at the time, plus she went alone.

credits: Daydreaming, mcapraro, imdb and a stock of a forest I once saved without credits *sorry*.

Comment

My turn!

Loving the responses so far guys!

Your best inspiring moment. [2/3]

I had this idea of making Buffy go through a field, for example, her journey throughout season six on how she lost her self through her depression. That at the end of season six she does finally realize that the world is beautiful.

I cheated I thought this banner looked lonesome it needed something else. I feel now it has a better flow within the Tumblr size graphics.

Hope you guys like! Just another week for the deadline.

Journey.

Until next time,

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

For "My best mood" I chose "gleeful", inspired by this JM quote about Spike (I think it's from a DVD extra):

So I made a few icons of gleeful Spike moments, and a banner:

Credits go to burnedbreads (textures), hdbuffy, and dafont

I don't know if I'll manage to do the other prompts before the deadline, but in any case I've been enjoying this challenge. Many thanks to buffylover for initiating it, and everybody for their wonderful contributions -- I love them all.
              Last edited by Double Dutchess; 10-08-18, 03:03 PM.
              https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

For some reason, I can't see Double Dutchess's banners...

Comment

I can see them.

I honestly don't know why you can't see them betta. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Comment

Not even when I use the links (you can get them if you "replay wth quote")...

Comment

I hope Double Dutchess doesn't mind me doing this. But I want to help.

I tried to upload them on the image hosting I use.

Can you see them now? if so make sure you thank the original Double Dutchess post.

Spoiler:

Can you see them?

Comment

Of course I don't mind, buffylover. Thanks a lot for your help! I have no clue why betta can't see the pics in my post, but I hope she can see them in yours!
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                          I hope Double Dutchess doesn't mind me doing this. But I want to help.

I tried to upload them on the image hosting I use.

Can you see them now? if so make sure you thank the original Double Dutchess post.

Spoiler:

Can you see them?
                          Yes, I can, thanks!

Love the set, it's Spikelicious!

Comment

Three observations:

a) These are all stunning! I know I keep on saying this but I'm DEAD jealous.

b) So many talented Dutch people! Who'd have thought it? Except for Mondrian, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Van Gogh, Brueghel, Steen, de Kooning, Hals, Bosch, Escher etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum, what have the Dutch ever done for art?

c) Betta can be scary sometimes!

Betta:

For some reason, I can't see Double Dutchess's banners...
                            That's a shame! You'd like them. They're really good!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm done!

I had so much fun! on making these banners. So here we go!

The best heroic moment. [3/3]

My best heroic moment hands down 'The Gift'. Sacrificing yourself to save the world not just only her sister but the universe. And her reward was at peace in heaven hence, the idea with the doves and the vibrant colours.

Until next time.

Comment

OK, this is Best Mood divided into four different memes/banners, I guess?

I'm not a precision kind of guy so this was a new territory for me but I enjoyed it very much!

Best Mood - sullen

Season 6 remains my favorite season for it's exploration of depression and the roughness of life. One of my favorite scenes is when Buffy reveals to everyone she was in fact in heaven. the gloominess in Buffy's voice, her friends' expressions- I cry every time. This is my first try at this style and I really like it. Hope you guys like it as well!

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

Working...
                                X