The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Hello and welcome to the meme challenge. This is where you can get prompt to inspire throughout your artwork. This thread is specifically for banner/icons art basically smaller graphics. The meme challenge will consist of these questions, answer them the best of your creative abilities. There is a deadline for these set of memes/challenges because I would love for us as an art community to let someone else continue with their own specific sets of desired questions, if not I would just continue creating the lists of questions depending on the activity.

"If people wish to do icons you can do more than one if you wish, for example, you could answer the question within a set of icons not just only one."

The first set of questions by buffylover are;

Fandom; Buffyverse.

Your best Mood. [1/3]

Your best inspiring moment. [2/3]

The best heroic moment. [3/3]

Deadline. (FOUR WEEKS) 17th August 2018. CLOSED

Let us go from there. Just have fun! I hope people will get inspired to do art again.

Set of Questions.

Buffylover's. CLOSED
    Josh's. CLOSED
    Ahmshere's. CLOSED
    Buffylover's CLOSED
    Stoney's CLOSED
    Last edited by buffylover; 08-02-19, 10:13 AM.

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Ok, here are my efforts, hope I've done this right . . .

My best mood is Joy, personified by Cordy who is the happiest character with the biggest smile

The most inspiring moment is Buffy rising to her feet and telling The First to get out of her face

The most heroic moment is Buffy, 16 years old, facing The Master, knowing she was going to die

Comment

Okay, so everyone knows that I'm mostly doing icons now when it comes to fanart, but these challenge intrigued me. Originally, I was just going to do icons for each of the themes, but for specific emotion-based themes like these, it's hard to convey meaning in a 100x100 pixel square. Maybe in future challenges, I'll do more icons.

1/3 Best Mood - Buffy and Dawn, Pride

I know, it's a weird choice for a mood, but I've always loved how proud Buffy was of Dawn, how much joy she finds in her sister, the love she has for her. So I chose this scene, where she stops seeing Dawn as a child, someone she needs to protect, and starts to see her as someone who can be her strength, her ally, her partner.

2/3 Best Inspiring moment - Just a Girl

I think this is what a lot of people forget when it comes to the Slayer - Buffy is (or was) just a girl. She was a innocent child before she was plucked from obscurity and made to kill things. She could have walked away multiple times, she has the strength to over-power anyone, and yet, she stays and fights because she knows it's the right thing to do.

3/3 Best Heroic Moment - The Gift

For me, there's nothing more powerful or heroic than sacrificing yourself to save someone else.

Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Lyri your banners are great, but I have to say I adore your Buffy icons. The colours are beautiful and you've captured the essence of the character.

Comment

Your best Mood. [1/3]

Dark.
          Her mood in season six is so haunting and 'disoriented' I absolutely love how Buffy stares gazes aimlessly at nothing. I tried to make icons.

Until next time!

Comment

These are beautiful buffylover. So impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Lyri your banners are great, but I have to say I adore your Buffy icons. The colours are beautiful and you've captured the essence of the character.
              Thank you so much! You can see more HERE or HERE

Urgh, Buffylover, I will always be so jealous of your coloring and composition. Astonishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                These are beautiful buffylover. So impressive
                Thank you so much Priceless! your comments always make me smile!

Originally posted by Lyri View Post
                Thank you so much! You can see more HERE or HERE

Urgh, Buffylover, I will always be so jealous of your colouring and composition. Astonishing!
                Firstly I just want to say thank you so much for entering my little meme challenge. I do hope I see more of your work and style! because your banners are really excellent to showcase narration and blend! also loving the colours. Please don't be jealous of me your banners and icon art are inspiring. Your Icons inspired me to make my own set. I hope to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                  Firstly I just want to say thank you so much for entering my little meme challenge. I do hope I see more of your work and style! because your banners are really excellent to showcase narration and blend! also loving the colours. Please don't be jealous of me your banners and icon art are inspiring. Your Icons inspired me to make my own set. I hope to see more!
                  Thank you so much. Like I said, I've been so focused on icons over the past few years, sometimes I think I've forgotten how to actually make 'normal' art, so when I see challenges like this, I always try to enter and test myself. Plus, my website is getting a little bit neglected, lmao, there's only so many of the icons I make that I actually upload there. It'll be nice to have some new pieces to add. Not that I think anyone's still visiting, but hey, my host's still keeping the lights on, so I'll keep updating!!

Looking forward to the next challenge!!

Comment

Wow, amazing entries so far! I hope to be able to make something too. Will be thinking about my answers to the prompts.
                    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Okay, so this is my first fanart challenge I've ever done! So exciting!

So,

Your Best Mood 1/3

I chose Grief as a mood, and so I obviously chose 'The Body'.

The Best Inspiring Moment 2/3

As a Spuffy fan through and through, I tried to portray Spike's speech in Touched as I always find it so inspiring, it's one of my most favourite Spuffy moments. It took me a long time to do this, as things just kept going wrong, so I thought about that specific moment, when Spike is telling Buffy she's the one, and the journey they've gone through since they first met. I felt like this scene was the light at the end of a very dark Spuffy tunnel, hence the tunnel in the background. My blending could definitely be a bit better, but I really didn't want to start again from scratch.

And finally, I'm still in the process of doing the third challenge, but because the two most heroic (IMO) moments have been taken (I didn't want to do the same one,) I've been thinking a lot of which moment to do. So...watch this space.

sigpic
                      ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

It can often be really interesting seeing how people visualise the same moment/theme so I don't think that you should feel like you have to do a different moment!

Loving what everyone has done so far and still hoping that I'll be able to do at least one before the closing date.

Comment

Here goes nothing...
                          best mood:

inspiring moment(s):

heroic moment:

Comment

Finally finished my third entry,

The Best Heroic Moment 3/3

I think Prophecy Girl is the best heroic moment, because although she does sacrifice herself again in The Gift, she knew that going to fight The Master would lead to her death, but she went anyway when she was only sixteen years old. Not keen on this banner, I have so much to learn but I wanted to complete the challenge.

sigpic
                            ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

So... I did some using the comics, I don't know if it's allowed...

Your best inspiring moment. [2/3]

Buffy fighting superpowered Joanna Wise, Season 11:

The best heroic moment. [3/3]

The Scoobies are always having heroic moments, so I decided for Fake Anya, Season 10:

My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Comment

Working...
                              X